Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious Sensationalists
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious Sensationalists  (Read 5302 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2004, 08:50:13 AM »

Instead of pushing to privatize confrontation, we should strive to bring everything out into the open that the whole Body may learn to judge what is said and done (I Corinthians 14:29).  Nowhere does God delegate the judging of these matters to a denominational headquarters, a board, a committee, or a panel of experts: the saints in toto are to judge even the smallest matters that pertain to the kingdom of God, and the least believer should be capable of rendering discernment (I Corinthians 6:2-5).  Sadly, the elitist, private approach to church discipline has left most saints ignorant and lacking in discernment, having delegated away their common sense to elected church officials whose whole purpose seems to be to keep everyone else in the dark and protect their own power base.

A MINISTRY OF LOVE

Part of the work of establishing the genuine thing is to confront and reveal the false thing, especially the false thing that is presenting itself as a genuine thing and the carnal thing that is presenting itself as a spiritual thing.  This is why it's so necessary that we get clear on this matter of rebuking and confronting.  We cannot be so stupid as to allow others to run roughshod over the Body of Christ unrestrained and unaccountable.  I repeat: silence is consent.  Believe it or not, rebuking is a ministry of love.  We are most Christ-like when we confront the wayward, whether they are saint or sinner, pastor, teacher, evangelist, prophet or apostle, and call them back to their first love - Christ.

Now THAT'S where the love of JESUS is in all this!  Don't you want to love people the way He does?

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent (Revelation 3:19)."

--------------------------

©1999 Watchman.Net.  This article may be reproduced for non-commercial distribution provided this notice appears and proper credit is given. Print it out or forward it to your friends. For other articles and online books, visit our website:

http://www.watchman.net

Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2004, 01:44:18 PM »

I agree Sincereheart Smiley It can be very hard, I have many friends who have been seduced by the "doctrines of devils".. ie/ the prosperity gospels taught in many large churches. They are busy "for the Lord" but they don't know Him. If they did they would see the error they have fallen into. It makes me so sad to see this happening to my own friends who once seemed so stable in their faith. Let none of us think we are immune to decpetion, it hits even the most seemingly Godly people. Lets keep speaking out against false teaching no matter what the consequences.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the