Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious Sensationalists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious Sensationalists  (Read 5304 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

Have any of you fallen prey to a bunch of religious sensationalists whose prophetic pronouncements are about as weird as a ghost from Mars.   These religious sensationalists are all over the Internet, TV, and radio spewing out their prophetic puke.

I have found most of these “doomsday prophets” to be counterfeit. Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey are a case at hand.  As you recall, a few years ago they sensationalized the Y2K scenario.  Tens of thousands of gullible believers fell head-long into their soul stirring and thrilling rhetoric and purchased their tapes and books.  These two “prophets” capitalized upon the occasion and “collected” hundreds of thousands of dollars from suckered believers.
    During the period leading up to Y2K, their speaking engagements were numerous, and untold thousands paid out cash to warm pews while Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey tickled their ears with the “drama of the ages,”only to discover at 12:05 a.m. on January 1, 2000 that none of their “prophecies”materialized. What a disappointment that must have been for those tens of thousands of duped believers who had been brainwashed by two “celebrated prophets.”

When a brother steps into God’s role by either predicting or prophesying future events that are in His hands only, he has, in my opinion, involved himself in affairs that belong only to Deity. He dare not do that! Lindsey and many others have “played around” with God’s timetable for decades and have gotten rich by fleecing God’s sheep. This is why I’m inclined to make a distinction between those brothers who are sincerely wrong in some of their interpretations of scripture and those who play around with God’s timetable. Many of the “Rapture” enthusiasts fall into the same pigeonhole, not all of them, of course, but some of them.

I must add that it was one of Hal Lindseys, books that was a major part in me becoming a believer.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 06:46:06 PM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:42:03 AM »

YES I was once a religious sensationalists

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 04:27:13 AM »

Come on I thought someone would say something.

REPEAT

Have any of you fallen prey to a bunch of religious sensationalists whose prophetic pronouncements are about as weird as a ghost from Mars.  These religious sensationalists are all over the Internet, TV, and radio spewing out their prophetic puke.

I have found most of these “doomsday prophets” to be counterfeit. Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey are a case at hand.  As you recall, a few years ago they sensationalized the Y2K scenario.  Tens of thousands of gullible believers fell head-long into their soul stirring and thrilling rhetoric and purchased their tapes and books.  These two “prophets” capitalized upon the occasion and “collected” hundreds of thousands of dollars from suckered believers.
    During the period leading up to Y2K, their speaking engagements were numerous, and untold thousands paid out cash to warm pews while Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey tickled their ears with the “drama of the ages,”only to discover at 12:05 a.m. on January 1, 2000 that none of their “prophecies”materialized. What a disappointment that must have been for those tens of thousands of duped believers who had been brainwashed by two “celebrated prophets.”

When a brother steps into God’s role by either predicting or prophesying future events that are in His hands only, he has, in my opinion, involved himself in affairs that belong only to Deity. He dare not do that! Lindsey and many others have “played around” with God’s timetable for decades and have gotten rich by fleecing God’s sheep. This is why I’m inclined to make a distinction between those brothers who are sincerely wrong in some of their interpretations of scripture and those who play around with God’s timetable. Many of the “Rapture” enthusiasts fall into the same pigeonhole, not all of them, of course, but some of them.

I must add that it was one of Hal Lindseys, books that was a major part in me becoming a believer.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 01:48:12 PM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:12:28 AM »

Cry

<Smiley))><
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:15:27 AM »

Not I Brother.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 12:18:08 PM »

Yup, all the time. I am dealing with 2 of them on another forum right now.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 12:26:57 PM »

Not I Brother.

Thats GRRRREAT Brother Smiley

<Smiley))><
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:50:34 PM »

Yes I have dwelt on the end times before. Also somewhat believed the people who "know all about it". I just try not to dwell on it I shall keep watch for signs of the end but I will not let it consume me.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 04:17:19 AM »

Yes I have dwelt on the end times before. Also somewhat believed the people who "know all about it". I just try not to dwell on it I shall keep watch for signs of the end but I will not let it consume me.

Stay on that road

<Smiley))><
artputey

Godless heathen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 09:31:40 AM »

Yes, I have come across them and try to avoid them at all costs. I alwas cross the road when i see a church.
Badumdum chhh
That was a joke! Don't hurt me

I've got no hands to tie behind my back
And I'm sparkin' like a heart attack
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 11:21:10 AM »

Yes, I have come across them and try to avoid them at all costs. I alwas cross the road when i see a church.
Badumdum chhh

Your still my FAVOTITE Godless Heathen Grin

<Smiley))><
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 11:48:31 AM »

Brotherlove,

What you are talking about is exactly where I believe the neocons are.

There whole plan for the US revolves around this prophetic image of the US as the benevolent dictator of the world.

Marv
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 06:34:04 PM »

artputey wrote:

Badumdum chhh

Nana:
ROFL . . .  Grin

[whispers to art:  ditto  Wink]

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 07:12:02 PM »

I think that if there was anything in the religious community that would point to "ship wrecked faith", it is the vast number of "prophets" that have proliferated in all venues.

Unforunately, I was caught up into it also.  I believed at one time if someone said they "have a Word from God", it was accurate, inspired, and infalliable.

Thankfully since God sent someone in to rescue me from that hypocracy - aka shark tank  Roll Eyes - I have seen full blown examples of complete and total departure from the Truth of God's Word.  I think Paul referred to that as seducing spirits.

Another thing I wonder about is the flavor of the month prophecies from all sectors - each professing to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with total contridiction to each other.  A sign of the times???

Shalom, Nana

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 08:57:45 PM »

I think that if there was anything in the religious community that would point to "ship wrecked faith", it is the vast number of "prophets" that have proliferated in all venues.

Unforunately, I was caught up into it also.  I believed at one time if someone said they "have a Word from God", it was accurate, inspired, and infalliable.

Thankfully since God sent someone in to rescue me from that hypocracy - aka shark tank  Roll Eyes - I have seen full blown examples of complete and total departure from the Truth of God's Word.  I think Paul referred to that as seducing spirits.

Another thing I wonder about is the flavor of the month prophecies from all sectors - each professing to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit with total contridiction to each other.  A sign of the times???

Shalom, Nana

"TWO"UP Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the