Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Revelation 6:2 And I saw a white horse whose rider carried a bow........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revelation 6:2 And I saw a white horse whose rider carried a bow........  (Read 2358 times)
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:08:15 AM »

It is very intersesting to be watching prophecy unfolding right before our eyes. It's like reading the book and then watching the movie. I don't know maybe I'm not making any sense, but we already know what is happening, we know what's going to happen. We just don't know when and we don't have all the details.

One detail we do know ...is that we win in the end.............

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 09:33:58 AM »

Very true airIam.   Basically we know major parts of the story and are able to see indications of where we are at in the movie so to speak....but we can only wait for God to fill in the blanks as it unfolds before our eyes, in His good time.

There are many things like this image of the white horse that certainly get our blood pumping good, but in reality we are only seeing glimpses and shadows of things foretold.   God's word will happen just as it is written, and HE will be the one who receives Glory and Praise in the end for bringing it to pass.   We however, can only watch as it happens and know that He has it all under control.   When I see stuff like this image, its a reminder to me that we are inching ever closer to being with the Lord, and that we don't really know for sure all the details, but rather only the pieces that God has chosen to reveal to us in His word.   We are instructed to be faithful and watch, not predict.    But theres certainly nothing wrong with studying scripture in light of current world events.   We just need to use caution when speculating about things we don't know for certain, as DW has pointed out, as it most assuredly could harm baby Christians, and unbelievers who might be reading along.   I know we are all in agreement there, but it never hurts to stress this given everything thats going on.

I have had so many opportunities to share the Gospel with people who don't know the Lord, with everything thats going on.   People who are not Christians sense something is happening.   It is so easy to bring up things going on in the world, and directly steer them to the Gospel from there.   The harvest is so ripe!   Its like being in an orchard, and the fruit is so thick and ripe that the branches just hang over, as if begging you to pluck them off.  At least thats how it seems to me lately.   Anyone else noticing this at all?

Boy its exciting to be alive in our time!

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 10:41:13 AM »

Yes brother I have noticed it also. So very many have heard of the various "end times" teachings and even if they don't want to admit to it they know that God is real. The message is being spoken to them. All they need to do is admit to it and accept Jesus as their Saviour.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
zuluu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »

Cool
Hallo everyone
I'm new here so i really don't know whats happening but i liked the posts i have write may the good lord bless each one if you for the good work you are doing for Him the king of kings

lots of hugs and love
Zuluu

lz
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »

Hi Zuluu!   Welcome aboard....hugs and love right back!   Cheesy

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »

Welcome to Christians Unite, zuluu.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »

Hi Zuluu! Welcome to CU

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »

It is very intersesting to be watching prophecy unfolding right before our eyes. It's like reading the book and then watching the movie. I don't know maybe I'm not making any sense, but we already know what is happening, we know what's going to happen. We just don't know when and we don't have all the details.
Sister we know that in the end, Jesus wins.  Cheesy Cheesy  We just don't know where all the dots fall.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

FIRST - Welcome Zuluu!

YES, this is a very interesting time to live in. BUT, it's also a difficult time to live in for Christians, and we know that the Holy Bible states that the times will get much worse before the Second Coming of our Precious Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST.

Many of us have studied Bible Prophecy for many reasons. GOD placed it throughout the Holy Pages for a reason, but it really doesn't change a Christian's primary purpose in this short life. We are to share the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel of GOD'S GRACE and live a living testimony for GOD.

YES, I think that the lost people in this world are more interested than ever in hearing about the things of the LORD and how to be SAVED. At the same time, the devil is working harder than ever to prevent us from sharing with the lost.

I don't think that it's a coincidence that more and more evidence from ancient history is verifying the Holy Bible. GOD'S WORD has always been the key and is a beautiful message to man from GOD Himself. At the same time, scientific theories from man that contradict the Holy Bible are being debunked and shown to be junk. One of the biggest examples is the theory of evolution. Almighty GOD told us in the Holy Bible about HIS Creation, and it is the ONLY TRUTH about creation. Man should simply be humbled and take the Holy Bible as absolute fact. Many portions of the Holy Bible prove themselves with events that were foretold and happened exactly as they were written.

It should become obvious to anyone that the Holy Bible isn't just a book of beautiful writing, a history book, or a book containing ancient tales. It is THE BOOK from GOD and inspired by GOD - HIS WORD to mankind. It tells us about all history, both past and future, but the most important thing it does is tell us about our CREATOR - the ONE and ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE for eternity past and eternity future. The Holy Bible is the ONLY accurate History of GOD in HIS dealings with man, HIS Creation. The Holy Bible also tells us about GOD'S dealings with mankind right now and for the future. GOD tells us in the Holy Pages what HE wants us to do and what will happen if we disobey. Just HIM being the CREATOR should be more than enough for us to worship and obey HIM.

Almighty GOD demands total obedience, but no man has ever been able to obey HIM perfectly. GOD made man with intelligence to choose right and wrong, and sadly we many times choose wrong. GOD demands blood and other consequences when we do wrong and disobey him, and, as the CREATOR, that's HIS Right. HE also demands that we recognize HIM as the ONLY GOD and worship ONLY HIM. So mankind has been given two demands from our CREATOR, Almighty GOD:

1 - Recognize ONLY HIM as GOD and worship HIM;
2 - Obey HIM.

It should be easy to recognize ONLY HIM as GOD and worship HIM. HE is the ONLY LIVING GOD of this world, and the evidence of that is all around us. On top of everything else that we can see, feel, and hear of HIS CREATION, we have HIS WORD that HE has given to us.

It is much more difficult to obey GOD. In fact, it is impossible to perfectly obey GOD. Remember that GOD requires blood and horrible consequences for disobedience. SO, GOD sent HIS only SON, JESUS CHRIST, to die on the CROSS in full and final payment for our disobedience and sins against GOD. JESUS CHRIST was GOD made manifest in the flesh and HE was, in fact, VERY GOD. HE arose from the dead on the third day and ascended back to Heaven. JESUS CHRIST is our LORD and Saviour, and HE LIVES. JESUS CHRIST paid our penalties for sin on the CROSS and rescued us from the curse of sin and death. If we believe and place all of our faith in HIM as Lord and Saviour, we will spend eternity with JESUS in Heaven. If we reject HIM, we will pay our full penalty in the fires of hell for eternity. This is the GOOD NEWS of the GOSPEL of GOD'S GRACE, and JESUS CHRIST is the only way to be SAVED from the punishment that we deserve. There is NO OTHER WAY!

Please let me briefly cover one other subject to prevent confusion. God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit are the three Holy entities of the Godhead, YET the three are ONE, ALMIGHTY GOD. THEY are the CREATOR and THEY are GOD, yet the three are ONE.

If you are lost and reading this, please feel free to ask questions. Many on the forum will be happy to help you. We can also direct you to great amounts of additional material already on the forum for you to read and study. The biggest thing that you need to know is that your CREATOR loved you enough that JESUS CHRIST died on the CROSS to pay the penalty for your sins. If you believe this, place your faith in JESUS CHRIST, and ask HIM to be the LORD over your life, you will be SAVED.

Love In Christ,
Tom

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 01:38:09 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »

If you are lost and reading this, please feel free to ask questions. Many on the forum will be happy to help you. We can also direct you to great amounts of additional material already on the forum for you to read and study. The biggest thing that you need to know is that your CREATOR loved you enough that JESUS CHRIST died on the CROSS to pay the penalty for your sins. If you believe this, place your faith in JESUS CHRIST, and ask HIM to be the LORD over your life, you will be SAVED.

AMEN!!!

I echo Tom's remarks here to those reading.   I always see 30 or so guys/gals lurking over there in the guest section all time.  Sure would love you meet you all, but you never show your faces  Cry.   Sign on and make yoursleves known....we wont bite, I promise!   Cheesy     

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »

Add another AMEN, to brother Tom's comments!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 01:53:40 PM »

Cool
Hallo everyone
I'm new here so i really don't know whats happening but i liked the posts i have write may the good lord bless each one if you for the good work you are doing for Him the king of kings

lots of hugs and love
Zuluu

Hello Zuluu, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

If you have any questions zuluu, ask away.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Amen. Whats know as the Roman Road and then some.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

AMEN!!!

I echo Tom's remarks here to those reading.   I always see 30 or so guys/gals lurking over there in the guest section all time.  Sure would love you meet you all, but you never show your faces  Cry.   Sign on and make yoursleves known....we wont bite, I promise!   Cheesy     
{center]AMEN!!![/center]

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 02:45:39 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm just extremely happy that all of those guests will quickly and easily find the GOOD NEWS about JESUS, the Cross, and JESUS CHRIST waiting for them with outstretched hands. It should make us all feel good that GOD has promised HIS WORD will never return void.

There are hosts of suffering lost people in the world who are in desperate need of JESUS CHRIST as LORD over their lives. I pray that they will find something here to finally make the most important decision of their lives - asking JESUS CHRIST to save them from the curse of sin and death.

Our page views average between 8,000 to 10,000 per day, and I know that our sweet Christians here would rejoice if just one of them opened the door for JESUS, the only one who will never leave them, forsake them, or disappoint them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the