Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE  (Read 1054 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »

JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Refrain

An old folk song that has been sung by many vocal artists  in various slightly different versions. I liked it best the way my grandmother sang it. I can still hear her today as though she were still with me, sitting in her "rocky chair". The only instruments playing were that of her voice. My grandfather used to describe her singing as a "warbler with the beautiful tone of a nightengale". My grandmother always said that singing these songs brought her closer to Jesus and kept her strong in Him. Her voice was indeed very beautiful and the songs she sang were always of Jesus. Those words were even more beautiful with feelings deep within her. It always gave me comfort to hear them and encouragement to be stronger in the Lord.

Grandfather would end an evening of such singing with a reading of the Bible and a prayer. His prayer always included a heartfelt thank you to the Lord for walking with us and a request to bring us all into a closer walk with Him.

Do you know what it is like to walk with Jesus? Are you walking closely with Him or do you tend to stray from His side? There is no sweeter walk than that with our Lord and Saviour. Jesus has done so very much for us. More than we can ever imagine. He wants everyone of us to know Him and to enjoy walking in the light with Him. Do you want to know that closeness, that love unending, that peace that only He can provide? Come to Him right now, He is calling you just as you are. If you have already accepted Him as your Saviour but have found yourself straying then without hesitation go to Him in prayer, walk with Him every minute of every day. He is there with us at all times even when we do not feel His presence. All we need to do is turn to Him, He is there.

Praise His holy name.

Thank you Lord for being with us through all the happy times as well as the sad. My plea today is that all will come to know you and walk closer with you Lord. I look forward to that beautiful day when we can walk with you in your Kingdom above. I ask these things in the Heavenly Name of Jesus. Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »

Brother this is one of my most favorite songs. 

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:08:09 PM »

Amen Pastor Roger!

I love this old hymn, and I also loved your thoughts and comments. I also have precious thoughts of loved ones singing praises to the LORD, and they are home with HIM now.

I also share your burden for the great hosts of people who have so far rejected JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour. They have not believed that the Holy Bible is the WORD of a Living and Loving GOD who is just as real as we are. I know that many sweet Christians have labored long and hard to convince the lost that JESUS CHRIST is real, and HE walks with us every day. We can know this beyond any doubt at all because the Holy Spirit of GOD also lives in our hearts. We should all pray for GOD'S guidance and wisdom in breaking through the barrier of disbelief. GOD will help us, and HE's already given us the most powerful tool in existence - HIS WORD - The Holy Bible. Faith still comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of GOD, so GOD has already given us POWER to do HIS Will.

Brother, I say AMEN to your prayer, and I join you in prayer. I pray that the Holy Spirit of GOD softens the hearts of those who are hearing the WORD of GOD so HIS WORD will pierce that hard shell of disbelief. I would love to hear them rejoicing when they find out that JESUS CHRIST is REAL, and HE has a precious and eternal GIFT to give them - Salvation from the curse of sin and death. Knowing this, they will also want to sing praises to the one who saved them from eternal punishment. BUT, this is just the beginning of HIS Love and Promises for eternity. FATHER, we ask that you help us show them why we sing with JOY to YOU. We ask these things in the precious name of JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever.  Amen.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 6:17 NASB  But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

John 17:21-23 NASB  that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Philippians 4:19-20 NASB  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:16:51 PM »

Amen I join you in your prayer too.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »

JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Refrain

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Refrain

An old folk song that has been sung by many vocal artists  in various slightly different versions. I liked it best the way my grandmother sang it. I can still hear her today as though she were still with me, sitting in her "rocky chair". The only instruments playing were that of her voice. My grandfather used to describe her singing as a "warbler with the beautiful tone of a nightengale". My grandmother always said that singing these songs brought her closer to Jesus and kept her strong in Him. Her voice was indeed very beautiful and the songs she sang were always of Jesus. Those words were even more beautiful with feelings deep within her. It always gave me comfort to hear them and encouragement to be stronger in the Lord.

Grandfather would end an evening of such singing with a reading of the Bible and a prayer. His prayer always included a heartfelt thank you to the Lord for walking with us and a request to bring us all into a closer walk with Him.

Do you know what it is like to walk with Jesus? Are you walking closely with Him or do you tend to stray from His side? There is no sweeter walk than that with our Lord and Saviour. Jesus has done so very much for us. More than we can ever imagine. He wants everyone of us to know Him and to enjoy walking in the light with Him. Do you want to know that closeness, that love unending, that peace that only He can provide? Come to Him right now, He is calling you just as you are. If you have already accepted Him as your Saviour but have found yourself straying then without hesitation go to Him in prayer, walk with Him every minute of every day. He is there with us at all times even when we do not feel His presence. All we need to do is turn to Him, He is there.

Praise His holy name.

Thank you Lord for being with us through all the happy times as well as the sad. My plea today is that all will come to know you and walk closer with you Lord. I look forward to that beautiful day when we can walk with you in your Kingdom above. I ask these things in the Heavenly Name of Jesus. Amen.

Beautiful!! Just simply BEAUTIFUL!

Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:02:12 PM »

Nothing will ever be as good as these old hymns Kiss

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the