Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:19:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Dye Hair?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dye Hair?  (Read 3223 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 03:51:37 PM »

Thank you, sincereheart.  So nice to have a serious answer to my question.  I'm happy the others are so easily entertained.  Roll Eyes

To me it indicates insincerity, or insecurity.  And, a preoccupation with one's appearance.  You can spot the jet-black ones a mile away.  

It's just so....black.  Roll Eyes

Embarrassed
FBI78

One Nation Under God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2004, 01:36:08 AM »

I dont think there is anything wrong with it. If we start with dyeing the hair we could start with makeup and fingernails and how we dress. How we eat and everything else. But are not perfect we are vain to an excent. Alot ppl dye their hair me included i mean i dont go out and get it were u really notice either i have auburn hair and i dye little bit redder. I like red lol. But to each there own. We are not suppose to judge ppl. If you truly think its wrong then dont do it. Thats between you and God and no one else.

Cindy and Mike 11/8/97
Desiree 6/12/98
Curtis 9/5/02

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannnot change.. Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 12:10:57 PM »

Cris - I take that as a real compliment.  
I sincerely believe that laughter is one of the most important things God gave us in life, and I try to leave a smile where ever I go.  Since we are in God's image, it leads me to believe the He, also, has a since of humor.  It is hard for me to imagine what makes Him ‘giggle’ - but I think it probably has to do with the innocence of children and their interactions with the so-called “wisdom” of adults.  I don’t know how old you are, but there used to be a show on TV – Art Linkletter – who was a true Christian back when it was OK for Christians to be Christians on TV – and one of his regular things was “kids say the darndest things”.  (I wish they still made shows like that – and Red Skelton – and Carol Burnett – who closed every show with a heart felt “God Bless!”)
I also try to imagine what it may have been like to directly interact with our Lord Jesus as the disciples did.  Surely they had a laugh or two.  We are all familiar with the shortest verse in Scripture:  “Jesus wept” (John 11:35).  I can’t help but believe that there were other times when “Jesus laughed”, times that just didn’t make it into any of the gospels.  

God bless!  Smiley
JN

I love this post, JudgeNot! There are so many passages in the Bible speaking of true joy, and how it can be attained through Christ. I can't imagine a God who would give such rich promises of holy joy, who couldn't have it Himself (not that I could ever explain Him, anyway.)

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 04:36:21 PM »

I don't think dying your hair is wrong. Of course, this is from the kid who wants to bleach his white.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 04:43:56 PM »

I don't think dying your hair is wrong. Of course, this is from the kid who wants to bleach his white.

and with a Harry Potter haircut Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 04:59:44 PM »

Cris - I take that as a real compliment.  
I sincerely believe that laughter is one of the most important things God gave us in life, and I try to leave a smile where ever I go.  Since we are in God's image, it leads me to believe the He, also, has a since of humor.  It is hard for me to imagine what makes Him ‘giggle’ - but I think it probably has to do with the innocence of children and their interactions with the so-called “wisdom” of adults.  I don’t know how old you are, but there used to be a show on TV – Art Linkletter – who was a true Christian back when it was OK for Christians to be Christians on TV – and one of his regular things was “kids say the darndest things”.  (I wish they still made shows like that – and Red Skelton – and Carol Burnett – who closed every show with a heart felt “God Bless!”)
I also try to imagine what it may have been like to directly interact with our Lord Jesus as the disciples did.  Surely they had a laugh or two.  We are all familiar with the shortest verse in Scripture:  “Jesus wept” (John 11:35).  I can’t help but believe that there were other times when “Jesus laughed”, times that just didn’t make it into any of the gospels.  

God bless!  Smiley
JN

Hey JN, I'm old enuff to remember all of them. Grin Cry.  I think they're doing reruns of the C. Burnett Show now.  If I find out what channel it's on, I let you know.  Meantime, I've noticed the bible never mentioning Jesus laughing, either .  I've given mental thot to that more than once.  It would be hard to believe He didn't laugh since He was like us in all ways - but, the bible is a SERIOUS book.  I can't ever remember reading the Word that it caused me to laugh, however, there have been times when it brought tears to my eyes.  In ref. to JOY, I think it has nothing to do with laughter - just remember in James when he says "count it all joy when you are in the midst of trials".  I've been there and it ain't no laughin' matter.

As far as imagining what it would be like to interact with Jesus, well, I imagine I would have all the same feelings about it as the disciples did.  It took His death and resurrection for them to really be sure. I think about the Martha and Mary story and how Mary sat at His feet listening and learning.  Geez, I'd like to do that forever.  I just love it when He gives me a rhema word.  But, I have found that those rhema words are not always understood by others cause He meant it for me.  Oh, that is a whole 'nother subject.

Well, this is a long way off from the original subject of dying one's hair.  Grin  

love, peace, joy,
cris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2004, 09:48:56 PM »

Thanks for your input, Eminem! Wink

Let me know when you do, I have a whole collection of jokes from when all my friend did that a while back. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2004, 10:28:27 PM »

This thread has cheered me up! Smiley Loved all the posts!
Well I sure hope Im not sinning, because I dye my hair all the time! Ive had Baby Blue, Dark Green, Purple, Light Blonde, RED, Orange and on Sat. I did it Pink...More like fucshia. Its so Purty, heheh. SmileySmileySmiley

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2004, 11:10:47 PM »

Unless you count the spray can stuff they sell at Halloween, I have NEVER once dyed my hair Smiley

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2004, 01:14:56 AM »

Lite

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 06:23:29 AM »

Thank you, sincereheart.  So nice to have a serious answer to my question.  I'm happy the others are so easily entertained.  Roll Eyes

To me it indicates insincerity, or insecurity.  And, a preoccupation with one's appearance.  You can spot the jet-black ones a mile away.  

Embarrassed

LOL ..  Cool so what's wrong with dying your hair black? :/ I've been dying mine black for a longggg time, as well as black nails .. I don't like standing out in a crowd at all, but it's just "me", & my style. God really doesn't care about hair color or nail color.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 07:40:21 AM »

LOL ..   so what's wrong with dying your hair black? :/ I've been dying mine black for a longggg time, as well as black nails .. I don't like standing out in a crowd at all, but it's just "me", & my style. God really doesn't care about hair color or nail color.

I have no idea of your age, so here's a generalization:

When you're young, dyed black makes you stand out and it's supposed to look unnatural ('specially if you have nails to match Wink)!

When you're *ahem* older, you try to make folks think that black is natural and it definitely won't look natural. Dyed black hair just looks so .... black! Tongue
Which is why it's recommended that the mature women (ok! OLD) go a shade or two lighter than their 'used to be' natural color!

But again, I don't think it's a sin! And a couple of years ago our baby boy (21 now) went through a blue phase! He dyed his close-cropped hair blue and it actually looked good!  Grin Now he just shaves his head!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2004, 01:27:59 PM »

This thread has cheered me up! Smiley Loved all the posts!
Well I sure hope Im not sinning, because I dye my hair all the time! Ive had Baby Blue, Dark Green, Purple, Light Blonde, RED, Orange and on Sat. I did it Pink...More like fucshia. Its so Purty, heheh. SmileySmileySmiley
Okay...where's the picture?Huh  Grin

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2004, 06:10:13 PM »

Should Christians dye their hair?

Strangely enough, this is something I've been asking myself for awhile now. For me, it's not something I'm comfortable with personally. However, I don't think it's a sin! I just got to a point where I realized that it's not an important issue in my walk with Christ. And if He doesn't care what color my hair is, then I surely don't to!

John 7:24 "...Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

Galatians 2:6 God does not judge by external appearance--

2 Corinthians 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance?

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

In all seriousness this post says it.

Thank you sincereheart.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2004, 06:14:01 PM »

Embarrassed
It certainly could be linked to vanity and perhaps even immodesty. Our hearts are guided by the Holy Spirit. Does this translate as needing a hair job to help this guidance. I think not.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the