Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:48:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How to contact Moderators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to contact Moderators  (Read 1857 times)
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:18:29 PM »

How does one contact a moderator of this group?  There might be some suggestions that one might like to make that don't need to be public.  One also might like to ask for any really really offensive postings to be removed.  Or maybe we posted something not so nice in anger that we regret and we want it removed.  Perhaps someone is sending very annoying e-mails to members.  

I like the forum rules but sometimes we forget them.  Possibly we need to read them over several times and really try to understand them.  

How do we contact a moderator?  I am just asking because I have left other forums because some people are just so rude or weird.  I would just like this forum to an enjoyable and educating experience for everyone:  Christians and seekers.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 05:30:11 PM »

Hello M,

I hope and pray that you are enjoying Christians Unite. We try very hard to make it a safe and friendly place for Christian family fellowship.

First, we have ADMIN, the owner, brains, and brawn behind Christians Unite. He serves thousands of other Christian web sites with changing content provided by Christians Unite. ADMIN also serves as a moderator when needed, and he gives directions to his moderators and approves or denies recommendations we give him.

Dreamweaver and I are both volunteer moderators, and we work for ADMIN because we appreciate what he is doing for thousands of Christians around the world, many more than the 3,000+ who are registered as users on the Christians Unite Forum.

If you see an offensive message, there is a report to moderator button on every post. Click that button on the offensive post and give a brief reason for why it is offensive. ADMIN, Dreamweaver, and I all automatically get notice of the offensive post, and we greatly appreciate anyone who helps us with these notices. The notices only go to ADMIN and the moderators, so your help is not public.

You can also send a private message to ADMIN, Dreamweaver, or me by clicking on our user names. The forum software will give you an option to send us a private message. If someone is sending you rude or improper private messages, we have no way of knowing about it unless you report it. Private messages are just that - private. We've had people receive rude or inappropriate private messages before, and we welcome anyone who wishes to report them. We would appreciate a complete copy of the offending message so that we can determine the most appropriate action. If someone is sending something really bad, they will be dealt with sternly and maybe even banned.

Regarding your own public messages on the forum, you can modify and/or delete your own post. Just go to the message, and you will see the modify and delete commands. You only see those commands on your own messages.

I hope this answered most of your questions. Please feel free to send a private mail to ADMIN, Dreamweaver, or me (blackeyedpeas) any time you wish. We will appreciate your input and try to help in any way that we can. Regarding the reporting of offensive posts on the forum, we sincerely appreciate all the help we can get.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the