Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Army wants YOU! (and women too!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Army wants YOU! (and women too!)  (Read 924 times)
His Messenger

Will you spend eternity with God?

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2004, 04:46:10 PM »

The Army wants YOU! (and women too!)
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005
The Draft will Start in June 2005

There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S 89 and HR 163) which will time the program's initiation so the draft can begin at early as Spring 2005 -- just after the 2004 presidential election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections, so our action on this is needed immediately.

$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation. Please see website: www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html to view the sss annual performance plan - fiscal year 2004.

The pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide.. Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld's prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft.

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

Even those voters who currently support US actions abroad may still object to this move, knowing their own children or grandchildren will not have a say about whether to fight. Not that it should make a difference, but this plan, among other things, eliminates higher education as a
shelter and includes women in the draft.

The public has a right to air their opinions about such an important decision.

Please send this on to all the friends, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins that you know. Let your children know too -- it's their future, and they can be a powerful voice for change!

Please also contact your representatives to ask them why they aren't telling their constituents about these bills -- and contact newspapers and other media outlets to ask them why they're not covering this important story.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY"
(Romans 5:6).

"And you, being dead in your sins... hath He quickened together with him, HAVING FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES"
(Colossians 2:13).

Will you spend eternity with God?
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 05:35:51 PM »

Little bits that were left out:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

"Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld's prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft."

"Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." "

Though I don't agree with the women aspects of it, that's what the battle for equality has brought us. I've seen too many instances of married couples being shipped off to separate duty stations while they scramble to find a place to leave their children for six months or a year.

As far as a draft, I don't think that people who live in the US and enjoy the benefits of the country have a right to complain if they are called to help out.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

Well lets see,
A. I'm too old
B. I already served in the Marine Corp back in the 70's.
C. I'm disabled now

Nope I can't get drafted anymore.  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 01:33:58 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Dreamweaver,

The same would be true for me, except it was the Army in the 60s. However, I guess they could form an Old and Treacherous Homeland Unit.   Grin  They could give us extremely long range sniper rifles with high-power scopes and put us on harbors, bridges, tunnels, etc. The terrorists wouldn't have a chance.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 01:40:02 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Dreamweaver,

The same would be true for me, except it was the Army in the 60s. However, I guess they could form an Old and Treacherous Homeland Unit.   Grin  They could give us extremely long range sniper rifles with high-power scopes and put us on harbors, bridges, tunnels, etc. The terrorists wouldn't have a chance.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom
LOL, how did you know I had a sniper rifle? :eek:

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 06:07:16 AM »

Pray for Godliness in people and peace. Let our hearts look up and know Him that is peace on earth.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 10:18:48 AM »

Pray for Godliness in people and peace. Let our hearts look up and know Him that is peace on earth.

Ollie

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie,

I think that most Christians pray for peace nearly every day. However, I also think that most Christians know that it is not a Biblical time of peace on earth. In fact, the opposite is true, and we really don't know what bad is yet. I'm not a gloom and doom type person, but, Biblically, I know this evil world will become dramatically worse. Christians can and should take comfort in the knowledge that this world is not our home.

Our Citizenship Is In Heaven!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the