Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286831 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jobs Americans Won't Do
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jobs Americans Won't Do  (Read 2427 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »

This topic is one I hear constantly and so I thought it might make a good debate to discuss in a Christian like manner. When I first came to Florida, in the 1980's, I worked a variety of jobs. I worked side-by-side with African Americans doing field work and packing house, food service and construction jobs. We shared good fellowship and took pride in the jobs we did. As the years went by I continued to take jobs that were offered to me in all kinds of conditions and pay scales. Then a few years ago when disability sent in I was limited in what jobs I was able to do. It was then that I really noticed two things, one there were fewer African Americans working in our community and also the lack of jobs available to those that didn't speak Spanish. All the fast food restaurants and  nursing homes, schools and most business in our area only hire people who can speak Spanish. I was told most places I was over-qualified for the job. I said it didn't matter, I needed a job. I was not able to find any work that I was physically able to do. There is not any job that an American won't do, but not every American can speak or should be required as a job applicant to be required to speak Spanish. This has affected the work abilities of almost all older people. In a tasteful friendly discussion what can we do to correct this problem?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:07:23 PM by islandboy » Logged

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »

Vote in some politicians that aren't afraid to stand up for the people of the U.S. instead of pandering for votes from those that do not want to assimilate into American society.

"Jobs Americans Won't Do" is the saddest excuse I have heard for allowing illegal immigration. I had the same reason (you're over qualified) given to me many times when I was looking for work just after getting out of the Navy. I was willing to work most any job. In fact I worked in a car wash, farm work and in sewage cleanup just to have work.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »

Quote from: islandboy
There is not any job that an American won't do, but not every American can speak or should be required as a job applicant to be required to speak Spanish.
I know only a little Spanish, I am however fluent in A.S.L.

If Americans are going to be afraid of doing any work, then illegal immigration will cont. Cry 

I worked for over 30 years in the restaruant business.  I never hired an illegal immigration, even though I was pressured by my boss several times. After I became disabled,I still tried to work.  All I heard was "your over qualified to work for us."  Now look what I am doing, working for the Lord.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »

If Americans are going to be afraid of doing any work, then illegal immigration will cont.

Illegal immigration will continue anyway even though U.S. citizens are not afraid to do the work. It has already been proven that they are taking jobs that U.S. citizens would love to have. Out of all the illegal immigrants that were taken off of jobs in recent stings there have been no jobs left open. All of them have been filled by U.S. citizens.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

Maybe where you are brother but here, those jobs are still empty.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

You're area may be the exception but it has been reported by numerous companies nation wide that they had no problem filling those positions.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »

I read in the news recently that some illegals are suing the businesses that hired them to work. Of all the problems we have in this world today, this topic has really gotton out of hand. If the government is willing to sell us out instead of upholding our laws, then ambulance chasing lawyers will have a field day with this one. And we will all be paying the bill.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 10:33:44 AM »

Yes, they are suing the businesses they worked for at a time they were caught. Those businesses refuse to pay these individuals for the time that they had worked, the last paycheck for that period. These businesses put themselves in a bad predicament. Pay these individuals and they admit they did wrong. Don't pay them and face a lawsuit for lack of pay.

I personally think these businesses should face this catch 22 just because they hired an illegal in the first place. Not only should these people get their paycheck as they are being sent out of the country but these businesses need to face a very stiff fine if not some jail time. If businesses did not hire illegals then there would be less of an incentive for them to come here. Yes, there are some exceptions to this when the illegals have false documents. Then it would not be the fault of the business and that business should not have to suffer. I also see the business's point of view of "I can't tell if this is the person that actually worked here" idea.

It is a major mess caused by not enforcing the laws that have existed here for years.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the