Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Am I in the wrong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I in the wrong?  (Read 4610 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 02:20:16 AM »

I am being attacked big time there. I can't answer questions like you guys can.  Cry

Brother, I've seen you grow in Christ, since you have been here on C.U. My prayers are with you always. As far as being attacked, remember what Jesus said.................

John 7:7 The world cannot [be expected to] hate you, but it does hate Me because I denounce it for its wicked works and reveal that its doings are evil.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first.

As we head further towards the end times, one of the most amazing things you will see occurring right before your very eyes is how much the world really hates Jesus and everything that He stands for. I believe major Bible prophecies are now coming to pass and we are now truly that closer to the end times.

We now have an antichrist spirit that has invaded and infected all of our school systems, our media, and our judicial systems.

We have liberal and atheistic teachers, professors and principals trying to ban the Bible and any form of prayer from any part of the school life, along with trying to ban any type of teaching on the debate of creation versus evolution. We now have many college professors who are teaching very liberal and secular points of view right in the middle of their actual classes - and then criticizing and ridiculing any conservative Christian who tries to speak up to give an opposing point of view for other students to consider.

As a result of the liberal and anti-Christian bias that is on many of our college campuses today, some Christians are either losing their faith or falling away from parts of their faith in the Lord due to the secular, liberal and atheistic views of these college professors and teachers.

We now have a media that has become highly secular and humanistic. Not only do they not like God and everything that He stands for, but they want Him out of every possible public arena. As a result, many of our major newspapers and magazines across this country are now preaching a very liberal and godless secular agenda.

John 3:19-21 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The ACLU, which is supposed to be our friend and ally, and who is supposed to protecting all of our civil liberties and rights, has now joined sides with this secular movement, and they are now filing ridiculous lawsuits trying to stop the free expression of our faith in any form of the public eye.

As a result, Christians are now made fun of, attacked and criticized on a non-stop and regular basis, both in the media and on the streets in real life. Christian bashing is now the "in" thing to do among many in the media and hollywood elite. We are now looked upon by many in the secular world today as outcasts, right-wing extremists, Jesus freaks and homophones. What is really going on with all of this once you step back and look at the big picture is that we are now heading into end time waters as specifically prophesied out of our Bible.

Our media outlets can reach millions of people across the world and again, what better way to spread a godless secular agenda than to have this kind of demonic philosophy spread right out into many of their articles and editorials through all of their newspapers and magazines.

And then to top it off, make sure this kind of godless secular agenda invades the judicial systems so as to make sure that some of these demonic agendas are literally passed as a law of the land as the crime of abortion has been.

This is why Christianity is such a perfect litmus test for anyone operating under this kind of demonic influence. They will have no hatred or disdain for any of the other false religions operating in our world today. It is only the Christian faith they will attack and try and remove from every public area of life. The fact they are showing such a strong hatred and disdain for Christianity and no other religions is again, more perfect proof they really are operating under some kind of demonic influence in their own personal lives.

When you really step back and look at this big picture, and what is really going on behind the scenes with so many of these people being so easily led right into this demonic way of thinking, it is just gut-wrenching to watch.

The battle lines are now being drawn between God's people and the satan's people. Sooner or later, every unbeliever will have to make a decision as to which side they are going to stand on for all of eternity.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 02:33:43 AM »

AMEN DREAMWEAVER!

I'm almost happy this thread came up because we all got a dose of things to come. The longer Christians are here on this earth, the more we will be hated. We still have the freedom and safety to distribute GOD'S TRUTH right now, but the same might not be true tomorrow. Let's take advantage of the opportunity GOD has given us - finish our race - finish our course - and fight a good fight.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 07:12:18 AM »

Another thing, can you give me proof that Jesus was blunt? Sissy says Jesus respected people who didn't believe what he said.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »

Good Morning Brother David,

You should be able to easily find many examples, but here's a few. JESUS CHRIST was extremely blunt and harsh with the Pharisees. HE called them a "generation of vipers". We can also remember JESUS driving those out of the Temple who were defiling it. There are actually many examples, even though JESUS CHRIST was on earth for a specific purpose. We can also remember a conversation JESUS was having with Peter in Matthew when HE told Peter, "Get thee behind me Satan". Before the crucifixion, we must remember that JESUS accused the one who would betray HIM, and we also know that HE bluntly told Peter he would deny HIM three times in the coming hours. Could JESUS have been more blunt than this? YES - HE could! JESUS CHRIST Provided Prophecy for HIS SECOND COMING in GREAT WRATH!

JESUS CHRIST was extremely blunt and to the point with many during HIS Ministry, and this included those who were the closest to HIM. Many people have a naive view of JESUS CHRIST, and some even think that HE displayed feminine qualities. Nothing could be further from the truth. JESUS CHRIST was an extremely strong man used to hard work and lengthy travels on foot. He was a carpenter by trade and was more than likely very muscular. He probably also had a ruddy complexion from many hours in the sun. Many descriptions indicate that HE had a command presence, and we should know that many more than one were run out of the temple by JESUS CHRIST. They didn't believe who HE claimed to be, so what was it that caused them to flee. When HE displayed Wrath, HIS Wrath was RIGHTEOUS. HIS GREAT WRATH AT HIS SECOND COMING will be completely RIGHTEOUS.

On the other side of the coin is the Great LOVE that JESUS CHRIST showed many during HIS earthly ministry. HE was Holy, Spotless, without Sin, and definitely a perfect Role Model for Christians to emulate. Give me a few minutes, and I'll try to provide some more.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »

Hi David, There are many examples where Jesus was blunt and to the point. In the following example not only did Jesus reprimand them for being wrong but he also calls them a viper. Calling them a viper was definitely being blunt. Likening them to vipers was saying that they were a dangerous group to the community in their teachings. A viper was considered not only cowardly but a dangerous creature. We know the danger in a viper is it's poison. The danger in the Pharisees and Sadducees was their teachings of the law, the cleaning of the outside of the cup and not that of the inward portion.

Mat 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

I see Brother Tom was answering your post at the same time I was. Like minds in Christ.  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »

Good Morning Pastor Roger,

You know that I don't believe in coincidence. I think we were here for a reason.

Brother David, here's a few samples that it only took me minutes to find. There are others, but this should give you a good start.

Matthew 16:20  Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Matthew 16:21  From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
Matthew 16:22  Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Matthew 16:23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me: for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Matthew 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Matthew 16:25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16:27  For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Matthew 16:28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Samples:

Matthew 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Matthew 12:34  O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23:33  Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luke 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

John 2:13  And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
John 2:14  And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
John 2:15  And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
John 2:16  And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house a house of merchandise.

Matthew 26:33  Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
Matthew 26:34  Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Matthew 26:35  Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Matthew 26:20  Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
Matthew 26:21  And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
Matthew 26:22  And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »

The thing is, I don't believe that being respectful of other people's beliefs is the way to go.

I know it might drive people away but I feel being respectful is like saying "I respect your choice to go to hell". I even called someone a heathen.
I don't believe in sugar coating. I tell it like it is.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »

Hello Brother David,

I think that much depends on what kind of folks you are dealing with, and there are too many examples to list. I have no idea what kind of forum you are on or what kind of people are attacking you. I know of forums where Christians are cursed and GOD is mocked and blasphemed beyond belief. Some of the ones I'm thinking about are so vile that they connect the HOLY NAMES of GOD with obscenity that I simply can't stand. Some of the examples are so nasty and obscene that I don't want to even hint about them here.

Let me just mention one other example of folks who are questioning and considering what the TRUTH of GOD might be. GOD'S WORD is pretty blunt, and it many times fulfills GOD'S Purposes with little or no commentary. This would be especially true if someone is really wanting to hear. I think there are many times when harsh words from us hinder instead of help. Telling someone about sin, CHRIST, and Salvation isn't harsh - even though it might sound harsh directly from the BIBLE. This is a matter of kindness and love to try and point someone to CHRIST and away from the everlasting fires of hell. Just the quoted Bible seems harsh and unreasonable to many people, BUT faith still comes from HEARING, and HEARING by the WORD OF GOD. Knowledge of sin and the consequences of sin is always part of it, and nobody really wants to hear how GOD labels many of their actions. Brother David, please try to make a distinction between our words and GOD'S WORDS. Our words can be wasted, but GOD'S WORD IS NEVER WASTED. We may never know what the quoting of a Bible Verse may accomplish, but GOD has Promised it will accomplish HIS Purpose and not return void. These are just a few things to think about. It's also wonderful to pray before you try to witness to someone that GOD will help you and GOD will soften their hearts to hear HIS WORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 NASB
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »

Thank you Brother. By the way, it is a pet site but there is a private Christian forum. Unfortunatly I think I am the only real Christian there. I sometimes wonder if I should leave. They also release evil items.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

Thank you Brother. By the way, it is a pet site but there is a private Christian forum. Unfortunatly I think I am the only real Christian there. I sometimes wonder if I should leave. They also release evil items.

Brother, I would get out of there. Both Pastor Roger and I have been banned from these kind of forums. That was for spreading the Word of Jesus Christ.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »

Brother, I would get out of there. Both Pastor Roger and I have been banned from these kind of forums. That was for spreading the Word of Jesus Christ.
but Jesus was with sinners

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »

Hello Brother David,

Please just don't let them get you down or discouraged. There are some forums with a Christian label that are folks playing games with the sole intention of mocking Christians and GOD. There's also many for cults and false religions. I started a list at one time while trying to track down folks who were coming here for trouble. Several had copies of our posts from Christians Unite and group laughs about which ones of us were the biggest idiots. Along with it came the cursing and obscenity. BUT, there is no limit to what GOD can do even with those folks.

Brother David, if it starts getting you down, at least take a break from it. Christians Unite now has over 15,000 readers a day, and we don't have to put up with cursing, obscenity, or mockery here.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

David,

Yes Jesus came to save the sinners.  And the Bible even says we are to be in the world.  However the Bible also teaches that we are not to be of the world and Jesus did not surround himself with mass murderers and the High Priest of the Jews either. 

I am all for shouting the name of Jesus in the midst of pagans.  However if at any time you begin to feel your faith being questioned then step back away and hit the books on bent knee in prayer.  God will give us only what He knows we can take, and never take more than God is giving.  Never be afraid to say that you do not know if asked a tough question, but always let them know that you will do your best to find the answer, but until then leave them with a question as well, "If you were to die tonight where would you spend eternity?"  Or if having the debate with Christians or professed Christians as you go to seek your answer, advise them to go and seek their answers in the Bible as well. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »

Taking a break won't matter. Someone said this to me:

Once again David, your beleifs are not the be all and end all of a Christian faith. If you are not wanting to debate then you are purposely becoming offensive in trying to justify your beliefs against those with a differing view.

As you point out your scriptures trying to prove to us that the Trinity is fact, I can also point out just as many that say otherwise and clearly seperates Jesus from God.
The very beginning even!
Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
And God said, Let us make man in ourimage, after our likeness:

Plural, meaning more than One.

Again, and like so many instances in the Bible, it is a matter of interpretation.

If you feel there is no debate then stop trying to push your doctrine on us and tell whomever you are copying your posts from that they are no ones judge of salvation. Jesus never said I have to believe in a trinity to be saved.

John 3:16-18 (KJV)

16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So you see, no matter how much you boast to know the only way into God's graces, you are being lead astray by your "false witness" (the person you are copying your posts from and likely depending on as a teacher of Christian behavior), and by your holier than thou attitude towards this discussion and offensive judgements you are going against God's will.

I replied:

You can't believe in Jesus and call him a liar. Also, just believing in Jesus doesn't get you salvation.

armorbearer

Jer. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »

Hello Armorbearer,

I really don't know what you are asking, unless it is some word game of semantics. After reading your previous posts, especially the one that was deleted, I can't be a party to confusion on the subject of ALMIGHTY GOD. I won't be a party to that kind of confusion.

No word games coming from me.  And this is the reason I asked the question I asked. Let me explain.

Brother David asked if he was wrong for telling people that they were blasphemers because they didn't believe that He was God.  I don't disagree that Jesus is God the Son.  I asked the previous question because there are some that teach that Jesus is GOD and there is none other. They say there is no Father nor Holy Spirit but Jesus only.  They even say that after JESUS was baptized by John the baptist, that when the witnesses heard a voice from heaven say, " this is my beloved son in whom i'am well pleased", that Jesus threw His voice up to heaven and it echoed back. 

That's why in the post that was deleted, I disagreed with Jesus being God. Not saying that He is not God the Son.  That's why I asked the question,  is it correct to say that Jesus is God, without including God the Father or God the Holy Spirit.  I'm not playing word games. Just trying to come to an understanding of what you believe.I know and believe in the GOD HEAD. 

23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
         You hold me by my right hand.
 24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
     And afterward receive me to glory.
 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
            Psalm 73: 23-25
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the