Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Two Old Friends
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Old Friends  (Read 1240 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:06:09 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I think that I like being the first to post a message here. I've always loved dogs, and I've never been without one for over 50 years. I think that I know why studies say they are relaxing and may offer some health benefits to their owners. They offer unconditional love, and they are nearly always in a good mood, even when you are in a bad mood.

Both of my dogs are old men and very funny. The oldest one is almost 12 and was bottle fed when he was a puppy. His mother wouldn't take care of him. Yes, he was held, rocked, and fed a bottle. Well, he still almost insists on being held and rocked daily.   Cheesy

The younger old man is almost 11. He is somewhat ill-tempered toward other people, but he is very affectionate toward us. He likes to lean his head back when he is being petted, and he sings softly if you get it right.   Cheesy

They are both lap dogs and have to be close to us nearly all of the time. I usually have one or both of them right with me when doing Bible studies and just about everything else. I highly recommend a good dog, but you can't have either one of mine.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:49:56 PM »

I just want to say my dog is really small. It is mini-Chihuahua.   Smiley   I think its weight is about 6-8lbs.  300 lbs dog is like a big giant to my dog.  kiki

Oklahoma Howdy to Faith1210,

My biggest dog I ever owned was an Australian Shepherd. I don't know what his final weight was, but he was a fairly big boy. He was about as gentle and loving as a dog can be, and he thought he was a lap dog. It was really funny watching him try to fit in our laps. He had congenital heart failure at just the age of six. He was in a lot of pain, and we had to put him to sleep. We miss him but still have two elderly little guys to keep us company. One is working on 14 and the other on 13. Both are in the category of about 20 lbs. and are pure-breed mutts, but they are part of the family.

We've never been without dogs, and I doubt we ever will. Unconditional love is addicting. This would be a tiny comparison if we were talking about the Love of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Once HIS love is experienced, there is no comparison.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 02:24:29 AM »

You are right beeps, Unconditional love is addicting. My cats give me all the love I could ever want. Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the