Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Bible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bible  (Read 1211 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2003, 09:01:18 PM »

Does it tell us everything there is?Or just what we need to know?opions?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 09:40:47 PM »

If one wants to know, anything and everything about himself, his fellow man, the creation, God, and His dealings with men from the very begining, the present, and future, all one has to do is read and study the scriptures.

However, unless one has the Holy Spirit, to lead guide, direct and instruct, it will be futile.

So it begins by deciding and choosing to believe whether the Word of God, is the final authority for instruction in faith, and moral living.

And whether or not His testimony is true, concerning Himself, His Son, and His Holy Spirit.

Either Gods word is everything or nothing, and middle of the road is the same as nothing..

Blessings

Petro
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 09:42:28 PM by Petro » Logged

Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 10:45:19 PM »

Not everything. It doesn't have stories about the dealings with us individuals for instance.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 11:09:18 PM »

What has been is what will be,
   and what has been done is what will be done,
   and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said,
   "See, this is new"?
It has been already
   in the ages before us.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

2 Peter 1:3-4

There are three truths I see here:

1.  There is nothing new under the sun.  There will never come a situation, trial or difficulty in my life that someone hasn't faced already in some way shape or form.

2.  My temptations are not unique to me.  Someone, somewhere has faced what I am facing.  Some of them have failed.  Some of them have been victorious.  

3.  God has given me all things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Christ.  Where then do we gain this knowledge of Christ?  The word of God.  

I have everything that I need in the bible.  I will never face a situation that is too new for that word to handle.  Nothing, afterall, is new.  And God has given me "all things" necessary to live, and to live godly.  I will never face a temptation unique, or unbearable.  God has given me "all things" that pertain to getting through that temptation or that trial in a Christlike fashion via the very Christ Who "was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 11:20:22 PM »

Not everything. It doesn't have stories about the dealings with us individuals for instance.

I guess you need to define what you mean by stories?

What kind of stories would you want to hear..

And the Word does show how God, dealt with men in the past, is dealing with and will deal with ALL indiviudals, including His children.

And to narrow my first answer given, I say as far as revevlation of himself, He gives just enough so that ALL men can  come by Faith.

As for dealing with each other, the bible is clear that Christians are to love one another, (which is difficult to do, when prophessing christians contradict God's word), and love their neighbors which include their enemies. (Mat 5:43-44)

Having said that ; what else is there?

Petro

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 10:47:55 AM »

I feel the Bible tells us all we need to know.Also i feel there are things we will learn when we get to heaven as well.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 12:54:31 PM »

jabez reply #5
I feel the Bible tells us all we need to know.Also i feel there are things we will learn when we get to heaven as well.

jabez,

Only Gods word could have revealed this to you.  
However, it could also be that, all the learning necessary to enter into that Holy Place, being perfected is done on this earth.
This is why the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth is necessary.
Because only then, can that totally prophecy be fuflfilled;
Jer 31
31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

While this is being fulfilled presently, it is yet to be completely fulfilled, even Paul wrote about knowing Him;

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (Eph 3:Cool

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:10-12)

The idea of being perfected, which is what the Holy Spirit is presently working to do in every child of God includes knowledge pertaining to the things of God.

One of the OT verse which brings this out is;

Ex 19
6  And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.

The entire nation was to be a nation of priests,no doubt to evangelize the other nations of the world.

Jesus accused the religious men of His day;

Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
  For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men,...
 (mk 7:6-8)

Priests of God, tend to the things of God, and lead the people of God, in the eays of God, making Him knowen that He might be worshipped; now the Word tells us, we who are born of God, are kings and priests, now, presently, not some future day ahead.

Do you feel qualified to be a priest of God??

Sometimes I think I am totally unqualified to be a Priest of the Living God, but my hope isn't in myself but in Him, who called me out of a life of sin and unbelief, to a life of living for Him.

And I know;              

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me  (Phil4:13).

I think, we have alot to learn from God, before that day comes, when we enter into heaven, and that can only be done, if  "God teaches His people"..HIMSELF.

Blessings,
Petro

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 01:37:26 PM »

Quote:Petro

Sometimes I think I am totally unqualified to be a Priest of the Living God, but my hope isn't in myself but in Him, who called me out of a life of sin and unbelief, to a life of living for Him.
I feel the same.I think who am i that the king would live and die for me.As iam thinking this,great peace over-whelms me,as i have been choosen to serve the Lord!With God for me who can be against me?With God for me who can defeat me?Will i ever be qualified?When i shed this body and iam born into heaven,i will be!

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 06:22:55 PM »

Quote:Petro

I feel the same.I think who am i that the king would live and die for me.As iam thinking this,great peace over-whelms me,as i have been choosen to serve the Lord!With God for me who can be against me?With God for me who can defeat me?Will i ever be qualified?When i shed this body and iam born into heaven,i will be!

Jabez,

Amen, ever more then, that we should learn His Word perfectly and share it, without adding or taking away from it among Gods people, and those that are Not His people.

There are plenty that already do, what shouldn't be done.

I for one am not interested in unification at the expense of comprimising His Word.

What value is there to that??   ZERO............

Praise HIM..

God Bless
Petro

suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 11:10:58 AM »

I think that is a very good question Jabez. I guess my question back to you is, does it matter?  If it is what we need to know, then that is all we need, if it is everything then it is still what we need to know.....lol.

I do know that the Scriptures are liken to a love letter written by God to us. In them His very nature, plan and purpose for humankind is revealed. We believe it to be a completed work. It is truly amazing to see how God works through and with His creations.....How much He loves us and wants only the best for us. Even as we rebel, He is faithful and just.

Through those pages, God continually takes us deeper into a relationship with Him. We can read the same passage and gain different insights as the Holy Spirit reveals to our own lives. We only understand in part--God moves us toward perfection. There are those who know the Bible backwards and forwards, and yet, still do not "know" God, those who claim that they know the "truth" and can give chapter and verse to "prove" their point, however, it doesnt necessarily make it so. The people of God, individually and as a church over the centuries, are being transformed as we learn more and more.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the