Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:39:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Challenge to athiests and evolutionists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Challenge to athiests and evolutionists  (Read 1037 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: October 04, 2003, 01:57:57 AM »

After a long absence due to illness I opened the evolution vs creation thread and here's my reaction...

Smokers!!!!
There are some highly educated people here, that is undeniable. This topic has flown far beyond my ability to include any acceptable input. However I will say this...
A great portion of our human scientific knowledge comes from an assumption, which is then studied then debated until a logical conclusion or scientific fact establishes the topic to be true or false.

So for the sake of argument, let's assume that God is real...now please prove or disprove God using science.

Many will scoff, stating it is impossible...so if God is real, how are we to know it? how would God reach us? simply appearing would relegate us to the position of puppets to a God who claims to give His creation free will to chose Him or reject Him...so how would God's will for His creation to come to know and accept Him with free will be accomplished?

Here's a challenge...
If you were God and you placed the condition of free will on your creation to accept or deny you, how would you go about reaching out to mankind?

The only other limitation besides free will is the fact of there being a time limit for mankind to either accept or deny you, in which time any person is absolutely free to do either good or evil to their fellow humans.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 12:26:33 PM »

Sorry, but your a few week to late for the Athiests, and your in the wrong board for the evolutionists. Undecided

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 06:49:26 PM »

Sorry, but your a few week to late for the Athiests, and your in the wrong board for the evolutionists. Undecided

Are their no more athiests here?
This topic is not an evolution vs creation topic so I thought it fit better here in apologetics.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 02:08:18 AM »

Welcome back brother!  Hope you're doing better!  As for the athiests...I don't think they stray far from the TOE forum.

As for your challenge and point of proving God, from a believer's perspective, they seek a sign.  The Jews of Jesus day asked for the same thing, and He told them that if they didn't believe the Moses and the Prophets, how then would they believe Him.  I find it interesting that He says "Moses."  Why?  Because Moses wrote the first five books of the bible, including the creation account!  He says effectively in my paraphrase, "I've given you the truth already.  Do you believe what I've given you?"  They obviously, do not.  And that is a sad position to be in to be sure.

As for the free will aspect...I tend to believe that God has given us the choice to obey or disobey.  I also believe (as scripture repeatedly shows) that our sovereign God can and does limit those choices.  How would God then make it possible for us to know Him?  Through revelation, both physical and spiritual.  Physical in the creation, spiritual through the hearing of His word.  I believe that He sovereignly gives us the opportunity to believe - to actively put our faith in the word we hear - to obey His call.

I hopefully didn't ruin this for anyone for whom it was intended.   If so...maybe repost it in the TOE forum?

Anyways, I look forward to reading your posts, and am glad to hear from you again my brother!   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 05:59:18 PM »

Bronzesnake:
"So for the sake of argument, let's assume that God is real...now please prove or disprove God using science."

Co;ossians 1:15.  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Science needs tangibles that are evident to the five physical senses. God being a spirit and invisible is not tangible to the science of men. It is doubtful they would or could attempt to prove the invisible spiritual realm. The Gospel of Christ calls us to it through faith in Jesus Christ and we are blessed for believing without having to use the five senses to know it.

Man in his quest for knowledge of self will have the answer on that final day before eternity. Let us pray many will know Christ without needing hypothesis, empirical evidence, and self conclusions from same. before the day of the Lord.

In Christian love,
Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the