Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Feeling sad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feeling sad  (Read 1569 times)
Butterflywings

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2003, 08:44:50 AM »

Cry I am feeling sad today last night I had to put my 6 years old daughter's cat to sleep.  I really did not want to do this, but it was the last of many things we tried.  The cat had something wrong with her she would to the potty all over my house.  I tried to find a farm where she could live but I had her declawed and no one would take her.  We both are really sad today my daughter cried this morning before school.  We all so have the cats brother and he is trying to find her.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 08:58:46 AM »

Will do, my friend.

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 04:27:43 PM »

I know the feeling.  Just a few years ago, I lost my kitty Tiffany, to the neighbor's dog.  She was all white with a red nose.  Her lifelong friend Timmy (my other cat, also all white) would search all over the house for her, crying out for Tiffany.  He never understood what happened to his little friend.  The thing with pets is that they cannot grasp the concept of death, or birth for that matter, so they do not understand when one of their pack suddenly goes missing.  I know it is very hard to lose such a good friend like that, but I am thankful that your cat had a great home while she was alive, I bet she was very happy.  I'll be praying for you!!!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 09:09:08 PM »

That must be tough. Cry I will pray of your familly.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Butterflywings

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 10:31:50 AM »

I know the feeling.  Just a few years ago, I lost my kitty Tiffany, to the neighbor's dog.  She was all white with a red nose.  Her lifelong friend Timmy (my other cat, also all white) would search all over the house for her, crying out for Tiffany.  He never understood what happened to his little friend.  The thing with pets is that they cannot grasp the concept of death, or birth for that matter, so they do not understand when one of their pack suddenly goes missing.  I know it is very hard to lose such a good friend like that, but I am thankful that your cat had a great home while she was alive, I bet she was very happy.  I'll be praying for you!!!

Oh her brother is looking for her all the time.  My daughter asked me this morning if I'll get her a new kitty.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 10:44:11 PM »

That must be so hard. Pets are a part of the family. How do you feel about the new kitty idea?

Butterflywings

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 01:45:05 PM »

I have thought about a new one, but we still have one cat and I don't know how he'll be and I really don't want to rush into getting one.  First I have to clean all my rugs where she went to the potty cause I don't want to have that again.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 01:43:37 PM »

I've heard cats can be very territorial, too; since this would be a new cat to the one already in the house, it might not go smoothly. Sorry about the rugs.  Undecided

peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 02:35:01 PM »

it's true, cats are very territorial.  My cats didn't like me at all when I entered "their" household.  It took them quite a few years to warm up to this little baby that had stolen their attention.  But the beautiful thing about cats though is that they learn to live with things and people that they don't like.  While they pout at first and get a little angry, they eventually end up accepting the change and moving on with their lives.  Call me crazy, but doesn't this remind you of human beings?  I know it's hard to loose such a friendly companion, but its really up to you if you want to bring a new kitty in the house.  It's true that any animal will eventually die (as is live and death), but you will get to make that animal happy for the time he/she is here.  I'll be praying for you still, and good luck with the rugs!!!

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

Cry I am feeling sad today last night I had to put my 6 years old daughter's cat to sleep.  I really did not want to do this, but it was the last of many things we tried.  The cat had something wrong with her she would to the potty all over my house.  I tried to find a farm where she could live but I had her declawed and no one would take her.  We both are really sad today my daughter cried this morning before school.  We all so have the cats brother and he is trying to find her.

When things like this happen in life Butterflywings, it is tragic. Animals become a part of the family and I feel so deeply for your little girl.  I pray you will consider another little kitten and proper training so that the little creature will not go elsewhere than where it should go to the toilet.  Just put some dirt in with it's kitty litter at first.
I pray you will soon feel better about this.  Time heals all.

Love..Tamara.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 05:13:35 PM »

Losing an animal, you love, is almost the same as losing a person, you love. It leaves you with such an emptyness like something is missing, which it is, and as if a part of you has been cut away and can never be replaced. Pets become such a part of you.

You think sometimes that you can not ever go through this again so you rule out getting another pet. But time passing, sometimes, will find you deciding to get another fuzzy, furry thing to wander your house, look you in the face, jump on you, purr or bark at you, ask to go out, ask for a treat, get angry at you etc.

Praying you and your daughter come through this sadness of life ok with the joyeous thought that one day therewill be no more of these sad tears for God's people.

I hope you can have another kitty soon. It could help.

Support your local Christian.
Butterflywings

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 08:37:40 AM »

I've heard cats can be very territorial, too; since this would be a new cat to the one already in the house, it might not go smoothly. Sorry about the rugs.  Undecided
I got them at the same time they were brother and sister
Butterflywings

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 08:41:17 AM »

I want to thank all of you we are feeling much better.  Last Thurseday my daughter fell off her bike and broke her wrist she is doing much better she only needs her cast on for two week.
God Bless all of you
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 09:57:33 AM »

I amsorry to hear your little girl fell off her bike and pray that her little wrist will soon heal Butterflywings.  

Love..Tamara
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 06:55:58 PM »

Cry Our fragile, human hearts just have a way of attaching to pets! Kitties especially - but I'm a cat person, so I might be predjudiced.

Praying for the hole in your family, and also for your daughter's wrist.

P.S. We have had several kitties over the years, and its rarely a problem for us to introduce new ones. They don't always like each other, but they get used to it.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the