Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hearing God
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hearing God  (Read 4501 times)
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 05:08:22 PM »

John here:
No, you are mistaken. (perhaps is is my fault) OBEDIENCE is 'Desired' by the Born Again heart. One that is RECREATED WITH TRUE AGAPE LOVE, OK?

I agree with you on this. When we are born again our new heart is one that desires to keep Gods commandments. (Ezekiel 11:19-20 and Hebrews 10:16-17)

Acts 5:32's surrender is required before one can receive the Holy Ghost. See Matt. 28:20. The Law of God r-e-a-l BONDAGE to sinners! But not the SAVED AT PRESENT ONES! (Sabbath KEEPING INCLUDED!)
To surrender is a work. It requires us to do something. Acts 5:32 is an interesting verse.

Acts 5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

It seems to contradict a lot of what we both are saying. Don’t we have to have a new heart to obey? Doesn’t God have to give us that heart?
I see nothing in Acts 5:32 about surrendering, obeying yes. Surrendering, no. Remember Ezekiel 11:19-20? The heart change must come first.
In my judgment this verse falls in with the many verses where God gives us a commandment to do something we can’t do. But He gives us the solution, Ezekiel 11:19-20 and Hebrews 10:16-17. Other examples of things we are told to do, then His solution:

Deuteronomy 10:16  Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
Mark 12:30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.  
!!!HE MUST DO IT!!!
Deuteronomy 30:6  And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
!!!HE MUST DO IT!!!
Proverbs 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
!!!HE MUST DO IT!!!
John 3:27  John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
!!!HE MUST DO IT!!!
Deuteronomy 29:4  Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day

Time and time again God tells us to do something to get our selves saved. But we can’t do what is required because SPIRITUALLY WE ARE DEAD.
The dead can’t hear, believe, surrender, keep His commandments, think, etc.
The dead can’t wake themselves up.

Ephesians 5:14  Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Colossians 2:13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

From the old testament we are given the example of the dry bones. Spiritually we are the dry bones.

Ezekiel 37:1 ¶ The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
Ezekiel 37:2  And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
Ezekiel 37:3  And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
Ezekiel 37:4  Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Ezekiel 37:5  Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

And in Isa. 8:20 we see where God places His Portion of Scripture that He ONLY WROTE, it is along (together as a test) with the rest on His 'Inspired Testimony'. If any go contrary to it? They are LIGHTLESS! (or see 1 John 2:4 for these ones being a liar with NO TRUTH, but the why, is what is important?!)

Read Isa. 8:20 now, OK? (in the K.J.) And about the testimony part of HOLY MEN? Surely we agree that Matt. Mark, Luke & John are not The HOLY SPIRITS WORDINGS?? These Holy men 'penned' the Words as best that they understood them to describe the meaning. If not, the four books that are called Gospels would all be written alike. They even are somewhat contrary if not studied as a 66 book whole! See 2 Tim. 3:16
Now I see the problem. YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE ENTIRE BIBLE is GOD BREATHED.
What EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE that the ENTIRE BIBLE IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD?

2 Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Those six words, is given by inspiration of God, come from one Greek word, theopneustos.
theos means God. It is where we get words like theology.
pneo means blow or to breath. It is where we get words like pneumonia.
The NIV actually does a better job of translating this.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

You don’t believe that the ENTIRE bible is God breathed. You might as well rip the 4 gospels out of your bible because they must be flawed.
In fact why trust any of the bible? Do we have stone tablets? NO. That also can’t be trusted.
The true gospel is circumscribed by the entire bible. Nothing more and nothing less.
With your church you have not only eliminated the gospels, but you have added the visions of Ellen G. White.
You have set yourselves up as authorities that know what belongs and what doesn’t belong in the bible.
You will never come to truth if you don’t accept and trust in God’s ability to protect and deliver His word.
It is true that the 4 gospels very in delivery, God didn’t change the personalities of the scribes He selected. And each Gospel emphasizes different things. BUT ALL FOUR GIVE THE EXACT SAME MESSAGE CONCERNING THE CHANGE IN THE SABBATH, all 4.
Very rarely does God emphasize something so many times. Reject the gospels at your peril.

And then we see others in 'the Inspired Word of God' with their choice of descriptive Words, as in 2  Ki. 18:27 or 1 Sam. 25:22. Do we see this as the Holy Spirits language??
Yes it is the language of God. Why would you question His word?

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
smartinez1984

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2003, 08:19:17 AM »

Am I in the wrong thread? What does all this discussion have to do with the topic?

-Samson
John the Baptist
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2003, 12:23:32 PM »

Am I in the wrong thread? What does all this discussion have to do with the topic?

-Samson

Hi Samson!
Yes, this is the topic of hearing Gods Word. He uses people with different talents, education, and in this case, choice of words to explain His Truth. (Master's Word collectively) There are two divisions of Truth to be understood. Isa. 8:20 says it like this. First & foremost is the only part of the Word that He Himself wrote, the Ten Commandments!

Second is what  we are discussing. Inspired men themselves writing  by Inspiration. Case in point: Just say that it was you & me? We see that we are to write about two tables of stone.
Would our inspired definition of this, having us use the very same words??

This was the point. I suggested that it would not. That if that were the case, then we would only need Matthew's book. But the other three differ much in the explaining of the  same scene, or inspired vision. Yet, they have the same bottom line in there understanding! This is where we go astray at times. We use the 'one' writters word that we desire. (not them all as intended)

The bottom line is what WE need. God made it necessary that we STUDY to grow. The book in ONE, it is COMPLETE as a WHOLE! This is why 'some' think it easy to understand the Lord's will for us. Christ tell us in Matt. 4:4 a Truth, do 'we' believe it! And 2 Tim. 3:16?? [ALL SCRIPTURE]. Or is professed Christianit a lazy bunch?

So the subject that we were trying to understand was a 'hopefully' honest discussion? Remember to try to put out of the mind [personal] disagreements. (mind reading) It was the post remarks that are being questioned in this post i think?

Another thought is seen in Heb. 5 & Heb. 6. Paul talks about milk & about meat. What does he mean by that?? If it were us talking, perhaps we might use other words of our understanding in explaining what we are trying to say??

So the bottom line was, (is) does the Holy Spirit dictate the words of the Bible to the writer's? I said no & other's can disagree if they see it otherwise, right? Huh See 2 Peter 1:20-21. (does moved mean dictate or led? Rom. 8:14?)

***John  
Left Coast

It's all His work

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2003, 12:44:02 PM »

-Samson
Not a whole lot. But John doesn't believe 2 Tim 3:16, he thinks that the only part of the bible God wrote is the 10 commandments. He wants God to be in the image he has created, he can't comprehend God would use different men to say different things. He thinks each Gospel should be a mirror of the others. Unfortunatly he doesn't understand God doesn't have to operate with what John thinks is logical. He has no bibical support for his concept. John likes to claim we need to take the bible as a whole then he rejects what he wants out of the bible, such as Matthew 28:1.
Does God speak to us today OTHER than through his Word (through preachers, our studies, etc.)
Until the bible was finished God did reveal His word by dreams and visions. After He finished the bible all those things stopped. If it comes from God then it is the word of God. Thus we would be adding to the word of God.

Revelation 22:18  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Why would we need anything more than what He has given us? The bible has everything. If I felt He was still revealing His word I would want to hear everything. I would have to run all over the world.
There is a tremendous amount of this going on today. The bible warns us that this is a sign of the end.  

Matthew 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mark 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

How could anyone determine which is from God and which is from Satan? Satan can cross over. Mormons have additional revelation, Catholics have additional revelation, Pentecostals have additional revelation, the SDA church has additional revelation, Church Universal and Triumphant (Elizabeth Prophet) has additional Revelation. All of these groups and others claim the bible plus additional divine revelation. They all can’t be right, because they contradict each other.
We can trust the bible. I wouldn’t trust anything else.

We had a small revival at our church this past weekend that was hosted by the women of the church. Therefore they had a woman preaching and they also had a woman who gave her testimony.
The bible is VERY CLEAR women are to be silent in the church. They can teach children, they can teach other women. When they teach men they are in violation of Gods word.

1 Timothy 2:12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 Corinthians 14:34 ¶ Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Your church is violating Gods word, I doubt that such a church can be blessed by God.
Does God speak to us outside his Scripture today? Does he need to?HuhHuhHuh??
No

Luke 24:45  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
John 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the