Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Promises of Forgiveness.......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promises of Forgiveness.......  (Read 682 times)
linssue55
« on: July 12, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »

. . . The Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations. EXODUS 34.6b,7

How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven. How blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit! PSALMS 32.1,2

I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord"; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. PSALMS 32.5

For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. PSALMS 86.5

As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. PSALMS 103.12

I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. ISAIAH 43.25

Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the Lord, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. ISAIAH 55.7

The Lord's grace functions never cease [logistical grace], for His compassions never fail [He forgives us every time we name our sins per 1 John 1.9]. They are new every morning [God gives us a day at a time to advance to maturity]; great is your faithfulness [integrity]. LAMENTATIONS 3.22,23

Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account. ROMANS 4.7,8

If we would judge ourselves [adjust to the justice of God, that is, acknowledge that we have committed a sin which was judged at the cross], we should not be judged [our divine discipline is cancelled]. 1 CORINTHIANS 11.31

In Him [Christ] we have redemption [at salvation] through His blood [substitutionary spiritual death on the cross], the forgiveness of our [pre-salvation] trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished upon us . . . . EPHESIANS 1.7,8a

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. EPHESIANS 4.32

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. COLOSSIANS 1.13,14

And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions. COLOSSIANS 2.13

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.23

If we name our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our [named] sins and purify us from all wrong doing [forgotten sins and anything that is not a right thing done in a right way]. 1 JOHN 1.9

And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us, and released us from our sins by His blood [substitutionary spiritual death on the cross], and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. REVELATION 1.5,6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

Amen Linssue55!

If we want to learn about real Love, we must look to JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 NASB  You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the