Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Promises and Proverbs.........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promises and Proverbs.........  (Read 775 times)
linssue55
« on: July 12, 2006, 04:24:56 PM »

A friend loves at all times . . . . PROVERBS 17.17a

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe. PROVERBS 18.10
For as a person thinks within himself, so he is. PROVERBS 23.7a

Apply your heart to discipline and your ears to words of knowledge. PROVERBS 23.12

Do not let your right-lobe envy sinners, but live in occupation with the Lord all day long. PROVERBS 23.17

He who turns away his ear from listening to the doctrine, Even his prayer is an abomination. PROVERBS 28.9

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. ISAIAH 43.2

Then your light will break out like the dawn, And your recovery will speedily spring forth; And your righteousness will go before you; The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; You will cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' ISAIAH 58.8,9a

"Return, O faithless sons, I will heal your faithlessness." "Behold, we come to You; For You are the Lord our God. JEREMIAH 3.22

Your doctrines were found and I ate them, therefore your words became for me happiness and the delight of my right-lobe; For I have been called by Your name, O Lord, Lord of the armies. JEREMIAH 15.16

Let us examine and probe our ways, And let us return to the Lord. LAMENTATIONS 3.40

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and if He wants to, He will deliver us out of your hands, O king. But even if He does not, be it known, O king, that we are not going to bow down and worship your gods or the golden image that you have constructed. DANIEL 3.17,18

"My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths and they have not harmed me, inasmuch as I was found innocent before Him; and also toward you, O king, I have committed no crime." Then the king was very pleased and gave orders for Daniel to be taken up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den and no injury whatever was found on him, because he had trusted in his God. DANIEL 6.22,23

The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him. NAHUM 1.7

. . . The righteous will live by faith. HABAKKUK 2.4b

. . . Man shall not live on bread alone, but by every word [Bible doctrine] that comes from the mouth of God. MATTHEW 4.4

Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. MATTHEW 5.16

. . . Let it be done to you as you have believed. MATTHEW 8.13b

For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I [Christ Jesus] am in their midst. MATTHEW 18.20

"Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." MATTHEW 26.41

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in [the filling of the] spirit and [biblical] truth. JOHN 4.24

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. JOHN 13.34

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. JOHN 15.5

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. JOHN 15.7

Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. JOHN 15.9

These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. JOHN 15.11

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. JOHN 16.13

But now I come to You [Christ prays to the Father]; and these things [Bible doctrine] I speak in the world so that they [believers] may have My joy made full in themselves JOHN 17.13

. . . you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. ACTS 1.8b

And hope [absolute confidence] does not disappoint us, because the love for God has been poured out in our hearts through the agency of the Holy Spirit who has been given to us for our benefit. ROMANS 5.5

Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized [by the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation] into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. ROMANS 6.3,4

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. ROMANS 8.6

Stop being conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. For I say through the grace which has been given to me to everyone who is among you, stop thinking of self in terms of arrogance, beyond what you ought to think; but think in terms of sanity, as God has assigned to each one of us a standard of thinking from doctrine. ROMANS 12.2,3

Now may the God of perseverance and encouragement give you the same objective thinking with each other on the basis of the thinking of Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ROMANS 15.5,6

God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 CORINTHIANS 1.9

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 1 CORINTHIANS 2.12,13

For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct Him? But we have the thinking of Christ. 1 CORINTHIANS 2.16

If we would judge ourselves [adjust to the justice of God, that is, acknowledge that we have committed a sin which was judged at the cross], we should not be judged [our divine discipline is cancelled]. 1 CORINTHIANS 11.31

[Virtue] Love is patient, [virtue] love is kind, and is not jealous; [virtue] love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 CORINTHIANS 13.4-7

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now abide faith, hope [or confident expectation], [virtue] love, these three; but the greatest of these is [virtue] love. 1 CORINTHIANS 13.12,13
linssue55
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 CORINTHIANS 3.17

Therefore we are not discouraged, for though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 CORINTHIANS 4.16-18

For we must all appear before the judgment [evaluation] seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether [divine] good or bad [human good]. 2 CORINTHIANS 5.10

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. GALATIANS 5.16

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. GALATIANS 5.18

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. GALATIANS 5.22,23

If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. GALATIANS 5.25

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. EPHESIANS 2.10

That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and get to know the love of Christ which surpasses all academic knowledge [and emotion], that you may be filled resulting in all the fullness of blessing from the source of God. EPHESIANS 3.16-19

Now to Him [God the Father] who is able to do infinitely more than all that we ask or think on the basis of the power that keeps on working in us . . . . To Him the glory by means of the church by agency of Christ Jesus with reference to all generations of this unique age of the ages. Amen. EPHESIANS 3.20a,21

Therefore become refreshed [renewed (name known sins per 1 John 1.9), reinvigorated (filled with the Holy Spirit), that is, resumption of your spiritual life after failure] through the agency of the Holy Spirit by means of your [spiritual] thinking. EPHESIANS 4.23

Stop grieving [failing to name known sins-per 1 John 1.9 ] the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. EPHESIANS 4.30

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. EPHESIANS 4.32

For you were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth), trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. EPHESIANS 5.8-10

Therefore he communicates, "Wake up you sleeping one [ignorant of doctrine], and get up from among the dead ones [walking dead-out of fellowship], and Christ will shine on you." Therefore beware how accurately you walk, not as stupid ones, but as wise ones, constantly buying time, because the days are evil. Because of this, stop being ignorant, but completely and thoroughly understand the will [purpose, policy] of the Lord. And stop getting intoxicated with wine, which is debautchery, but keep on being filled with the Spirit. EPHESIANS 5.14-18

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. EPHESIANS 6.10-13

Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. EPHESIANS 6.14-17

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. EPHESIANS 6.18

Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible love. EPHESIANS 6.24

On the basis of my confident expectation and hope, that I shall not be put to shame in anything [that is, anything in life or in death], but with all boldness, Christ shall even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life [continual spiritual advance] or whether by death [dying grace]. For me, living is Christ [occupation with Christ], and dying is profit. PHILIPPIANS 1.20,21

. . . I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but excrement in order that I may gain Christ. PHILIPPIANS 3.8b

Brethren [members of the royal family of God], I evaluate myself to have not yet attained [pleroma status (maximum glorification of God)]; but one thing on which I concentrate: forgetting what lies behind [past failures in carnality or reversionism] and pressing toward what lies ahead [pleroma status], I keep advancing to the objective [dying grace] for the purpose of reward [escrow blessings] belonging to the upward station [eternity] from God in Christ Jesus. PHILIPPIANS 3.13,14

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.4-6

See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.15

Stop squelching [prolonged carnality] the [Holy] Spirit. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.19
Now may the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God the Father, who loved us [Divine initiative of grace] and has given to us eternal comfort and good hope [confidence] in the sphere of grace, comfort your hearts and strengthen you in all [intrinsic good] production and good doctrine. 2 THESSALONIANS 2.16,17
linssue55
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:27:10 PM »

Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day. 1 TIMOTHY 5.5

For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. 2 TIMOTHY 1.12

Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. Guard the noble deposit [doctrine in the stream of consciousness] through the agency of the Holy Spirit who keeps on dwelling in us. 2 TIMOTHY 1.13,14

I have fought that honorable fight [advancing to and maintaining maturity until death], I have finished the course, I have guarded the doctrine [resident in my soul]. In the future [eternity], a wreath of that righteousness [that is, of total fulfillment of spiritual objectives] is reserved for me, which wreath the Lord, the righteous Evaluator, will award me on that day [at the Evaluation Seat of Christ]; and not only to me, but to all those who love His appearing [mature believers who, from the detailed system of doctrine in their souls, eagerly anticipate the out-resurrection (Rapture), which will precede the Evaluation Seat of Christ]. 2 TIMOTHY 4.7,8

Hence, also, He [Christ] is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. HEBREWS 7.25

And without doctrine resident in the soul it is impossible to please God, for when one is occupied with God, he must be convinced [by resident doctrine] that He is [the Source of blessing], and that He becomes a Rewarder of them who diligently seek Him [through daily inculcation of doctrine]. HEBREWS 11.6

Therefore, since we also have such a great battalion of witnesses [Old Testament Jeshurun-class believers in Christ (Adonai)] supporting us, having laid aside every impediment [distraction to concentration], and the easily ensnaring sin [your current area of weakness, handled by the continual function of naming your sins per 1 John 1.9], let us advance on the run with endurance [opposite of distraction] in the conflict to the present objective [pleroma = maximum glorification of God]. Concentrating on Jesus, the prince and perfecter of doctrine Who because of His exhibited joy [absolute happiness], He endured the cross having disregarded the shame and He sat down on the right hand of the Father. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by Him; for whom the Lord loves he disciplines, and he skins alive with a whip every son whom He receives." HEBREWS 12.1-6
Obey your [spiritual] leaders [pastors], and submit to them; for they keep watch over your souls, as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you. HEBREWS 13.17

Happy the individual believer who perseveres under testing; for having been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. JAMES 1.12

If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law, according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well. JAMES 2.8

And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness," and he was called the friend of God. JAMES 2.23

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [name your sins to God the Father], you sinners; and purify your right-lobes, you double-minded. JAMES 4.8

Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will promote you. JAMES 4.10

Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature . . . . 2 PETER 1.2-4a

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ . . . . 2 PETER 3.18a

What we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, that you also may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 1 JOHN 1.3

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 1 JOHN 1.6

But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 JOHN 1.7

If we name our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our [named] sins and purify us from all wrong doing [forgotten sins and anything that is not a right thing done in a right way]. 1 JOHN 1.9

Whoever keeps His word, truly in him the love for God has been completed. By this we know that we are in Him. 1 JOHN 2.5

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. Because of this, virtue love has been brought to completion with us, that we may have confidence in the day of evaluation; because just as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in virtue love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. 1 JOHN 4.16-19

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. 1 JOHN 5.1

Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. 2 JOHN 8

Those whom I love, I reprimand [warning discipline] and punish [intensive discipline]; therefore, keep on being motivated [by the love of God and love for God] and change your mind [about sin; i.e., rebound-1 John 1.9]. REVELATION 3.19

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone [any believer out of fellowship] hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me. REVELATION 3.20

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the