Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Promises Regarding Death, Grief, and Loss.........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promises Regarding Death, Grief, and Loss.........  (Read 786 times)
linssue55
« on: July 12, 2006, 04:13:25 PM »

. . . The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. JOB 1.21b

He will deliver you [mature believer] from six [categories of] troubles , Even from seven [categories of trouble] evil will not touch you. JOB 5.19

In famine [economic depression], He will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword. You will be hidden from the scourge of the tongue [gossiping and maligning]: neither will you be afraid of violent death when it comes. JOB 5.20,21

You will come to the grave in a full age [God's perfect time], Like a shock of corn comes in its season. JOB 5.26

Though He [God] slays me, I will hope in Him. JOB 13.15

Even though I walk through the death-shadowed valley, I will not fear harm [misery, pain, adversity associated with some of the ways in which people die]; for You walk with me [the Lord walks every mature believer across the bridge from time to eternity]; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. PSALMS 23.4

Into Your hands I deposit My spirit; You have delivered me, O Jehovah, God of doctrine. PSALMS 31.5

Behold, the eye of the Lord [an anthropomorphism to denote provision and blessing] is on those who are occupied with Him [mature believers never lose sight of the Source of all blessings], on those who have confidence in His grace, to deliver their soul in dying [dying grace] . . . . PSALMS 33.18,19a

Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. PSALMS 33.20

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. PSALMS 34.18,19

. . . Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me. PSALMS 50.15b

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. PSALMS 55.22

For You have delivered my soul from death, Indeed my feet from stumbling, So that I may walk before God In the light of the living. PSALMS 56.13

God is to us a God of deliverances; And to God the Lord belong escapes from death. PSALMS 68.20

My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. PSALMS 73.26

You turn man back into dust . . . [God chooses the manner, time, and place of death ]. PSALMS 90.3a

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints [all believers - winners or losers]. PSALMS 116.15

The Lord has disciplined me severely, But He has not given me over to death. PSALMS 118.18

He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. PSALMS 147.3

Occupation with the Lord [Christ] is a fountain of life, That one may avoid the snares of death. PROVERBS 14.27

The wicked is thrust down by his wrongdoing, But the righteous has a refuge when he dies. PROVERBS 14.32

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe. PROVERBS 18.10

. . . Because mankind is constantly walking toward his eternal home while mourners go round and round without direction, remember Him [Jesus Christ] before the silver thread is snapped or the golden bowl is broken or the clay jug is smashed on the side of the well is shattered or the wheel on the well is broken. ECCLESIASTES 12.5b,6

The Lord's grace functions never cease [logistical grace], for His compassions never fail [He forgives us every time we name our sins per 1 John 1.9]. They are new every morning [God gives us a day at a time to advance to maturity]; great is your faithfulness [integrity]. LAMENTATIONS 3.22,23

Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord God, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way [rejecting Christ] and live [by means of faith alone in Christ alone].' EZEKIEL 33.11

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? MARK 8.36
He who believes in the Son [Jesus Christ] has eternal life; but he who does not obey [the command to believe in] the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. JOHN 3.36

I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. JOHN 10.28

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies." JOHN 11.25

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. JOHN 14.1-3

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, except through Me." JOHN 14.6

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 1 CORINTHIANS 13.12

For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 1 CORINTHIANS 15.21,22

Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 1 CORINTHIANS 15.51,52

But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "death is swallowed up in victory." 1 CORINTHIANS 15.54

O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? 1 CORINTHIANS 15.55

Thanks be to God, who gives to us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 CORINTHIANS 15.57

Therefore we are not discouraged, for though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 CORINTHIANS 4.16-18

For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 CORINTHIANS 5.1
linssue55
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 04:15:16 PM »

. . . Absent from the body but face-to-face with the Lord. 2 CORINTHIANS 5.8b

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. EPHESIANS 2.1,2

On the basis of my confident expectation and hope, that I shall not be put to shame in anything [that is, anything in life or in death], but with all boldness, Christ shall even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life [continual spiritual advance] or whether by death [dying grace]. For me, living is Christ [occupation with Christ], and dying is profit. PHILIPPIANS 1.20,21

Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. PHILIPPIANS 2.8-11

Brethren [members of the royal family of God], I evaluate myself to have not yet attained [pleroma status (maximum glorification of God)]; but one thing on which I concentrate: forgetting what lies behind [past failures in carnality or reversionism] and pressing toward what lies ahead [pleroma status], I keep advancing to the objective [dying grace] for the purpose of reward [escrow blessings] belonging to the upward station [eternity] from God in Christ Jesus. PHILIPPIANS 3.13,14

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. PHILIPPIANS 3.20,21

But we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, about those who are asleep [an analogy to Christian death with emphasis on waking up in a resurrection body], that you may not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope. 1 THESSALONIANS 4.13

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 THESSALONIANS 5.23

Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day. 1 TIMOTHY 5.5

For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. 2 TIMOTHY 1.12

I have fought that honorable fight [advancing to and maintaining maturity until death], I have finished the course, I have guarded the doctrine [resident in my soul]. In the future [eternity], a wreath of that righteousness [that is, of total fulfillment of spiritual objectives] is reserved for me, which wreath the Lord, the righteous Evaluator, will award me on that day [at the Evaluation Seat of Christ]; and not only to me, but to all those who love His appearing [mature believers who, from the detailed system of doctrine in their souls, eagerly anticipate the out-resurrection (Rapture), which will precede the Evaluation Seat of Christ]. 2 TIMOTHY 4.7,8

It is destined for mankind to die once [physically] and after this [for those who reject Christ as Savior] the act of judgment. HEBREWS 9.27

It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. HEBREWS 10.31

And without doctrine resident in the soul it is impossible to please God, for when one is occupied with God, he must be convinced [by resident doctrine] that He is [the Source of blessing], and that He becomes a Rewarder of them who diligently seek Him [through daily inculcation of doctrine]. HEBREWS 11.6

According to doctrine resident in the soul, all these died [Abraham and the other believer's in context who transferred under the principle of dying grace], not having received the promises [surpassing-grace blessings of eternity], but having seen them from a distance [from the high ground of spiritual maturity in time] and having saluted and embraced them [the entirety of dying grace] and having acknowledged that they were strangers [those who thought differently, i.e., divine viewpoint] and transients on the earth ["passing-through types" from grace to grace and glory to glory]. HEBREWS 11.13

Therefore, since we also have such a great battalion of witnesses [Old Testament Jeshurun-class believers in Christ (Adonai)] supporting us, having laid aside every impediment [distraction to concentration], and the easily ensnaring sin [your current area of weakness, handled by the continual function of naming your sins per 1 John 1.9], let us advance on the run with endurance [opposite of distraction] in the conflict to the present objective [pleroma = maximum glorification of God]. Concentrating on Jesus, the prince and perfecter of doctrine Who because of His exhibited joy [absolute happiness], He endured the cross having disregarded the shame and He sat down on the right hand of the Father. HEBREWS 12.1,2

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you." HEBREWS 13.5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 PETER 1.3-5

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing that any perish but that all come to a change of mental attitude [toward Christ]. 2 PETER 3.9

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 1 JOHN 3.1,2

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 1 JOHN 4.4

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son [Jesus Christ] has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 JOHN 5.11-13
linssue55
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:16:57 PM »

And He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. REVELATION 21.4

PROMISES and PRINCIPLES for: Fellowship with God
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. DEUTERONOMY 6.5

And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. DEUTERONOMY 6.6,7

Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments. DEUTERONOMY 7.9

. . . Man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord. DEUTERONOMY 8.3b

You shall therefore impress these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. And you shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up. DEUTERONOMY 11.18,19

Though He [God] slays me, I will hope in Him. JOB 13.15

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the doctrine of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. PSALMS 1.1-3

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. PSALMS 18.2
He restores my soul; He guides me in the wagon tracks of righteousness because of His integrity. PSALMS 23.3

Guide me with Your doctrine and train me, for You are the God of my deliverance; all day long I have confidence in you. PSALMS 25.5

Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident. PSALMS 27.3

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple. PSALMS 27.4

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. PSALMS 27.5

Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. PSALMS 33.8,9

Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you to be occupied the Lord. PSALMS 34.11

Depart from evil [sin and human good], and do [divine] good; seek prosperity [momentum in the plan of God], and pursue it [perception of doctrine]. PSALMS 34.14

Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. PSALMS 37.4

For You have delivered my soul from death, Indeed my feet from stumbling, So that I may walk before God In the light of the living. PSALMS 56.13

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. PSALMS 84.11

I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever; to all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth. For I have said, "Lovingkindness will be built up forever; In the heavens You will establish Your faithfulness." PSALMS 89.1,2

Teach us to number our days correctly, that we may gain a right-lobe full of doctrine. PSALMS 90.12

Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be happy [have inner happiness] all of our days. PSALMS 90.14

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. How great are Your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep. PSALMS 92.4,5

How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. PSALMS 119.9

Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You. PSALMS 119.11

For I will walk in freedom, because I seek Your doctrine. PSALMS 119.45

O how I love your doctrine! I think about it all day long. PSALMS 119.97

Those who love Your doctrine have great prosperity, and nothing causes them to stumble. PSALMS 119.165

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. PSALMS 139.23,24

Occupation with the Lord [Christ] is a fountain of life, That one may avoid the snares of death. PROVERBS 14.27

The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who watches his way preserves his life. PROVERBS 16.17

He who gives attention to the word will find good, And blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. PROVERBS 16.20

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the