Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Eternal Security
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eternal Security  (Read 4904 times)
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 01:39:24 AM »

The word that we are talking about is called
Apostasy: Professing faith without possessing it (1 John 2:19)
1 John 2:19 (New King James Version)

19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
They had appeared to belong to Christ's disciples but their leaving revealed that they never really did. Thus Bibical apostasy seems to signify a process whereby a merely nominal believer is revealed by his separation to actually an unbeliever. Apostasy is not from the church or body of Christ, but rather from an external association with the church. Branches which appeared to belong to the true vine but not in vital union were dead and therefore cut off. (John 15:6)

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
BigD
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 06:59:35 AM »

Chancellor  posted:
Jesus said in Matthew 24:13 "But the one who endures to the end will be saved."
(SNIP)
So, I would suggest that what we have now is the hope of salvation and the assurance that, if we endure to the end, we will be saved.

BigD responds:
IMHO you have taken that portion of scripture completely out of context.

In Matthew 24:4-14 Jesus is speaking about the Tribulation. From 15 to the end of chapter 25, He is speaking of the great tribulation. In verses 5-12 many of the "seals" spoken of in the book of the Revelation are referred to.

So, Matt.24:13 is speaking of those who endure through the Tribulation, then they will be saved to go into the kingdom.

Chancellor  posted:
Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:8 referred to the hope of salvation as a helmet.  If you look at salvation as a yet-future event that occurs when the Christian dies or is taken alive in the blessed hope (rapture), then it is true that one will never lose it. [quote/]

BigD responds:
In 1Thess.5:1-3 Paul is speaking to believers, and that "the day of the Lord" (Tribulation and His 2nd Coming) comes as a thief in the night. The "they" in verse 3 is speaking of the unbeliever.

The "ye" in verse 4 is referring to believers. They will not have to worry what the "they" in vs 3 have to go through because they will have been raptured.

Verse 8 is speaking of the walk of the believer while waiting for the rapture.

According to my Vine's Dictionary, the word "hope" means "favorable and confident exptection," and the meaning in 1Thess5:8 is: "the hope of salvation," i.e. of the rapture of believers, to take place at the opening of the Parousia of Christ."

Verse 9 say: "For God hath not appointed us to wrath (The Tribulation) but to obtain salvation (rapture) by our Lord Jesus Christ."

Paul never says anything about "those who endure to the end."

1Cor5:1 and Phil.3:20 assures me that I have eternal salvation. I do not look at my salvation as a future event. I obtained it the moment I put my faith and trust in the Cross work of Christ for my salvation. My salvation is already secured and a "done deal."

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 07:03:42 AM by BigD » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 10:54:24 AM »

AMEN BIGD!

There are many reasons why a Christian can have 100% assurance of salvation in this age of God's Grace:

The finished work of JESUS on the CROSS that results in our redemption, sanctification, and atonement. This is obviously the work of JESUS, not our work.

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, we are immediately Baptized by the Holy Spirit of God, and the Seal of the Holy Spirit is placed on our hearts, setting us apart forever as a purchased possession of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

It is our belief and faith in HIM an HIS work that saves us for eternity. It's a good thing that salvation is not our work, rather the Perfect and Completed Work of Jesus Christ on the CROSS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

BigD
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2005, 06:12:39 AM »

BEP:
And a BIG AMEN to you also.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the