Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 2223 times)
LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2005, 10:53:16 AM »

Hi,

I don't know if I want to share anything about me, except that I am upset and disappointed with church leadership and
the ministry at my church.

I've been walking with the Lord for a long time and now I am tired of not knowing what to do with my life.

Some may say, you need to acknowledge that you are upset with God. I'm not upset with God. I'm upset with the church.

People don't care anymore about each other.  I'm married to a wonder man who has had 3 strokes.  Do you think the church thought enough to call him and check to see how he is doing. No.  They keep sending flyers and information to participate in this and that at the church.

My husband sleeps all day long and watches tv.  He is lonely and has nothing to do. We had a mission and work for the Lord for 5 good straight yrs before he got sick. Now, that he c
can't do anything the church has let him down.

I think he is a great man.  One who has never finished highschool but yet has, or had the faith to do what God told him to do and did it well.
The only problem was he did not have a covering. He did it and the church did not back him up.
As for myself, I have been in the mission department for a while. Created workable programs for the church and fund raisers. Now. All I hear is money, money money.  
I can't do all the stuff now, my husband is not gainfully employed and my income will never come to what his was.
I carry the whole load and I sick and tired of it. I have no time to myself. I worry about our future.  No kids. My father died Feb.28th 05, my mother is dead. So, what's the use of doing anything except survie, if I can.

I give to much money to the church that I can't say anything for my retirement. My dh is in debt up to head. Well, so much for me.  Angry

LackingInspiration

Should Living for Christ be a life of suffering?
"I come that you might have life and that more
abundantly."
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 12:48:11 PM »

Hi,

I don't know if I want to share anything about me, except that I am upset and disappointed with church leadership and
the ministry at my church.

I've been walking with the Lord for a long time and now I am tired of not knowing what to do with my life.

Some may say, you need to acknowledge that you are upset with God. I'm not upset with God. I'm upset with the church.

People don't care anymore about each other.  I'm married to a wonder man who has had 3 strokes.  Do you think the church thought enough to call him and check to see how he is doing. No.  They keep sending flyers and information to participate in this and that at the church.

My husband sleeps all day long and watches tv.  He is lonely and has nothing to do. We had a mission and work for the Lord for 5 good straight yrs before he got sick. Now, that he c
can't do anything the church has let him down.

I think he is a great man.  One who has never finished highschool but yet has, or had the faith to do what God told him to do and did it well.
The only problem was he did not have a covering. He did it and the church did not back him up.
As for myself, I have been in the mission department for a while. Created workable programs for the church and fund raisers. Now. All I hear is money, money money.  
I can't do all the stuff now, my husband is not gainfully employed and my income will never come to what his was.
I carry the whole load and I sick and tired of it. I have no time to myself. I worry about our future.  No kids. My father died Feb.28th 05, my mother is dead. So, what's the use of doing anything except survie, if I can.

I give to much money to the church that I can't say anything for my retirement. My dh is in debt up to head. Well, so much for me.  Angry

LackingInspiration

Did you just post to unload (respectfully) or are you wanting a response? advice? what?

cris

LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 05:37:03 PM »

I would love to hear anything that would help me not be so
discouraged and unhappy right now.

abundantly."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:04:48 AM »

Welcome LackingInspiration!

I really hope and pray that you get to know some of the wonderful Christians here. We have quite a few strong Christians here who have dealt with crisis and are still dealing with crisis.

Please let me tell you something that is SO TRUE! Mankind will always disappoint you, but JESUS is ever faithful to walk every step of the way with you. JESUS never fails.

Many of us, including me, are permanently disabled and deal with serious health problems. Please let me tell you something else that is COMPLETELY TRUE! We can and should grow closer and stronger IN JESUS during our times of trial. I know that what I may say next is easier said than done, but it is also TRUE: lay your burdens at the feet of JESUS, yield to Him, and pray for guidance in what to do in your daily life. When men give up, JESUS has just begun.

I hope this helps some. You are not alone in trials. I will pray for you and your family, and many others will also. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:16-18  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:12:14 PM »

Thanks Pea,

I really do appreciate the honesty of your site. Tell it straight , that's what I need to shake me.

I have to realize, that I am not alone in my walk. Jesus will be

with me.  It's hard when you can't see him, feel him, talk to

face to face.  I use to have a hard time trying to understand

how He's able to be touched with the feelings of our infirminities.

I listen to music while I'm working, we are allowed that. I

try not to listen to words of gospel songs because it makes

me cry so. Don't want to do that on the job.

So, I listen to christian guitar praise. It helps me to think and

stay grounded. Spiritually speaking.

Thank you again, for the sharing your situation.  I should not

worry, hard to do most of the time.  I think somewhere along

the way, my ability to trust and have faith got screwed up

somewhere. I don't know if it is because God took my mother

and my father from me.  I don't have kids, so I'm alone.

Well, me and dh.  I had a cat and she was put to sleep. We

had her for a good 17yrs.(what a joy).

I really don't know what to do with me.

Maybe, I'm not making any sense.

Sincerely,

lack Undecided

abundantly."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 02:27:47 PM »

LackingInspiration,

Sister, I have been praying for you. I thought about you while reading the devotion posted below. I simply wanted to share it with you.

May 24

THE SECRET OF THE QUIET HEART

"Be still, and know that I am God."-- Psa_46:10.

"Sit still, my daughter, for the man will not rest, until he have finished the thing this day."-- Rth_3:18.

PARADISE HAS vanished from our world, as the picture of a landscape vanishes when swept by storm. And our race stands in much the same plight as did Naomi and Ruth in this old-world story. We have lost our inheritance, and the one barrier which stands between us and despair is the Person and Work of our Lord Jesus Christ. But, thank God, we need have no doubt as to the sequel. For as Boaz claimed back the estate for Ruth, so may we be confident that Jesus Christ will never be at rest till this sin-stained and distracted world is restored to her primitive order and beauty, as when the morning-stars sang for joy.

Jesus is our near Kinsman by His assumption of our nature. He is the nearest and dearest Friend of our race, who stooped to die for our redemption. And the fact that He carried our nature in Himself to heaven, and wears it there, is an indissoluble bond between us. Sit still! do not fret! He will never fail, as He will certainly never forsake!

Let us seek the quiet heart in our prayers. Prayer must arise within us as a fountain from unknown depths. But we must leave it to God to answer in His own wisest way. We are so impatient, and think that God does not answer. A child asked God for fine weather on her birthday, and it rained! Some one said, "God didn't answer your prayer." "Oh yes," she replied, "He did, God always answers, but He said No!" God always answers! He never fails! Be still! If we abide in Him, and He abides in us, we ask what we will, and it is done. As a sound may dislodge an avalanche, so the prayer of faith sets in motion the power of God.

In times of difficulty--be still! Thine enemies are plotting thine overthrow! They laugh at thy strong confidence! But hast thou not heard His voice saying: "This is the way, walk ye in it"? Then leave Him to deal with thy foes from whatever quarter they come. He is thy Rock, and rocks do not shake. He is thy High Tower, and a high tower cannot be flooded. Thou needest mercy, and to Him belongeth mercy. Do not run hither and thither in panic! Just quietly wait, hushing thy soul, as He did the fears of His friends on the eve of Gethsemane and Calvary. "Rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him." "Be still, for He will not rest, until He hath finished the thing this day."

PRAYER
If this day I should get lost amid the perplexities of life and the rush of many duties, do Thou search me out, gracious Lord, and bring me back into the quiet of Thy presence. AMEN.

Written by F. B. Meyer

The F. B. Meyer devotions are distributed freely and Internationally in the excellent freeware Bible Study package called e-Sword. You can also subscribe to Day-By-Day By Grace at the above link for Living In Christ Ministries.

You can obtain e-Sword at:
http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html
Author: Rick Meyer
(The goal of Rick Meyer is to freely distribute Bibles to every country on earth in their own language, and that goal gets closer by the day. Thanks to countless Christian individuals and organizations with big hearts, many excellent Bible Study tools are also being freely distributed with e-Sword around the world.)

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

What kind of Church do you attend?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 12:00:34 AM »

Welcome LackingInspiration, to ChristiansUnite hope you enjoy it as much as i dont

p.s God Bless u
Richard

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 10:53:25 PM »

Hello Inspiration,

Welcome to my heart.  As I was reading your introduction letter, I related to some of your life, but moreover, I remembered the saints who have gone before us, and the lives of lonliness, and the loss they suffered.  From Joseph to Jesus to Paul to Stephen, from the sounds of your letter, you could be among them.

Sister in the Lord, please be assured that God loves you and your husband with an everlasting love.  Humans will let us down and like Joseph, our souls may "come into iron" (Ps 105:17-19) or anguish.

Would you agree with me to pray for the Church and for our spiritual leaders?  I am guessing it is okay with you if I pray for you.

Just a grandmother,
selahjoy
LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »

Dear Grandma,

It was so sweet of you to reply to me. I was very happy to recieve your letter of comfort. God is doing something right
now. I have been hoping and praying that God would send someone to encourage my husband to get out the house and be active. Well, after what happened to me at work, I think it shuke him up a little. His youngest sister has been calling to talk to him, she told me she was concerned about him.  I was
glad to hear that. We've been married 27yrs and his relatives have never had a good meal, or holiday with us.  We had to always travel to them.  Now, that he is getting close to leaving, they want to get close. I hope it's for encouragement for him, not to be snoopying in our financial business.  That happens. She gave him her cell number but not me.  I don't trust her completely.  He is on medication and she is trying to get him to take herbs instead.  I want him to do whatever he wants to do. It is his life, if he don't trust the
doctors. Then, why take the medicine. He is diabetic and has
high blood pressure. Pray that God will give healing to his body
and spirit.  He pirked up and went outside since his sister has been coming by.

thank you grandma,

abundantly."
SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 10:20:38 PM »

Hi Inspiration!

I am so new to this website that I am not sure how I "stumble" onto you---again.  But, when I saw that you replied to me, I am so happy!  I'm also glad that you are getting an opportunity to bless your family members.  I pray the love of Jesus will be so strong that they will unite with you for a strong family in the Lord.

Since you and I are both new to this website, it should be interesting for us to both write each other and not know how to navigate the site.  (I'll speak for myself.)  I thought I was pretty computer savvy but this site leaves me with a  question.  I have been trying to click on the right button to put in an "About You," but all I seem to find is how to reply to someone, and twice, that someone is you!    Smiley

So anyway, let me tell you a little about me.  Like I already said, I'm a grandmother but a very active one, I'd say.  I am single and have no family in my state other than two of my three grown children.  I pray that before I die, I get to found an orphanage in Oregon, where kids from all over the earth are welcome.

My oldest son just got back from serving in Iraq for one year.  The Lord worked mighty miracles in my children's lives as one son was in the war in the middle east and my youngest son was in the drug war, suicidal and rebellious.  As the Lord was really evident, I testify that it was His grace that brought my oldest son home safe, and saved my youngest son the week of Christmas 2004 (He now lives with a youth pastor and is in college, growing in the Lord daily, praying for and witnessing to others!)

Not only that, but the Lord put me in touch, via email, with another soldier in Iraq.  I've never met her but she and I email each other every day.  If the Lord puts her on your heart, please pray for her!

Inspiration, I pray the Lord will meet every need you and your husband have for physical health, financial provision, and friendly fellowship.  His presence is really the best gift any of us could know.

That reminds me of the book I just read by Lt Carey Cash.  That book was wonderful, but it opens more questions in my mind.  Questions like why all the deaths now, why not more miracles like the guys experienced in 2003?  I'm not sure what the answer is but two things have come to my mind.

These two thoughts are, one, the Lord seeks those whom He can grant salvation.  So my prayers are yes, for people's physical safety, but moreso for salvation for the lost--not just for our soldiers, but for the Iraqi people and even the insurgeants.  Two, regardless of the spiritual darkness in Iraq over the past year or so, from this day forward we Christians around the world can pray fervently for the darkness be dispelled and a revival wave of Christlike love and salvation sweep over Iraq.

In fact, when I figure out this website, I'd like to ask anyone who reads this to join me in prayer, and also to help get me in touch with others who are among those "millions praying for Iraq" that Lt Cash mentioned in the book.  My heart is breaking for the death and devastation of the Iraqi people, and our beloved sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers who are dying and grieving in that land!  We simply must show them the love of Jesus!  "But Father, how?".......Perhaps, the answers will come by praying......  Inspiration, what do you think?

Love ya, and hoping your husband and you both experience renewed strength, health, vitality, and peace! in Jesus.

Love, selahjoy
LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 02:32:38 PM »

Dear Grandmother,

I really thank you and love you for responding to me. I lost my Mom five yrs ago, I lost my Dad just this Feburary. I don't
have any children and my grandmothers on both sides are gone.  I would love to have the honor of calling grandma when I right to you. It makes me feel much closer.
Now, according the the statement you make about what you feel the Lord wants us to do is very true and our duty to do. The only I don't understand is how do you tell such a different culture that Jesus is more than a man, or prophet.
The Koran teach that Jesus was a prophet, not King, or Priest.
We know, He Is...Prophet, Priest & King.  They will not accept that. They say, there is no god, but Alla.  Alla, in Arabic means God. We believe in the one and only true God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.  Now, since we believe in the God of the Jews, and they claim Abraham as their Father also, who started all the confusion.  Why use the Koran when we have the Laws of Moses the Prophets, History,
etc, etc.  Somewhere along the line, the devil got in and started a religion I believe when the languages were confused during the tower of babylon was being built by Nebechunezzar. Hope I spelled  that right.
We need to pray, because there is growing apathy against, Christians, Americans all over the world.  Traveling, is not as
comfortable.  Showing someone to Christ does not mean you take their culture away from them.  
We say, save them Lord, help them to get to know you as their personal savior. He can and he will do it.  
God want some to plant, others to water and let God give the increase.  I believe, if we do things like the Bible says, follow Jesus formula thing will go right.  Our natural man cannot see what God is doing right now in the hearts and minds of these people.  They are thinking, and wondering just like us.
Mothers don't know where her next meal is coming from. Her son was shot down by Alkida operatives, or an American solider doesn't know why he can't come home after serving for 13 months in Iraq.  It a hard thing to deal with and solve.
However, God is yet on the throne and He reigns supreme for ever and ever.  This is only a test. For all Christians, for Americans, for Jews, for Russians, for France, Italy, Mexico,
Cuba, etc.  The whole world is groaning. Looking and hoping for a solution to social and spiritual ills and woes.
Grandma, I will trust God and pray for the families and troops with you, I want to see all the damage we have done to these innocent women and children to cease. The restructuring of their infratructure should be on the top of the list and self- governing.  In other words,  let democracy
happen, but also allow the people to have a choice like Jesus
does.  They can learn and serve him, or they can refuse and reject Him, then they will be rejected by Him.
I hope I made some sense of all this.
We do need you prayers and relish in the joy of knowing someone is praying besides me. I use to hear my mom pray everyday...sometimes three times and reading the Word of God out loud.  That's one reason why I can know the Word of God when I hear it. If it is misquoted I will in my mind respond so quickly, because of the home training I recieved from her, which I am thankful for.

Granny, I will stay in touch.  The is a great site to click on.
Blackeyepeas started it. Look under Bible studies about Spurgeon Devotions. It's awsome to read any time of the day.

Love in Christ,
Inspiration

P.S. Thank you for changing my Lack to Inspiration...I cought your driff.  Grin

abundantly."
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 09:15:30 AM »

Hello Inspiration.

I wanted to take a minute to welcome you.   I have been slacking off in this area of the forum.   Embarrassed

I read your story, and my heart goes out to you.   One thing that jumped out at me however, was not in your post, but in your signature.

abundantly."

If you stop and think about those who God has been able to make the most of, they are the ones who have suffered most in this life.   Think of Paul and the suffering he went through.....yet God used him miraculously to evangelize the Roman empire.   Think of David...Think of Christ?   It seems that those who suffer most, when they yet continue to praise God, understand Gods Grace in their lives the best.   God is able to use them in powerful ways because through their suffering, they themselves become broken, allowing the spirit of Christ to rise up in their hearts and do mighty things for God.

He has come so that we might have life more abundantly.   More abundantly in Him!  Our reward is still ahead....at the finish line!   Hang in there sister.   The abundance of Life is in Him and His will for your life.   God is ever present in your suffering  Smiley    Just keep leaning on Him, and watch how He uses you for His purpose and glory!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
LackingInspiration

Wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 10:40:09 AM »

Dear Tim,

When I think of the suffering that is in this life. It makes me
wonder why Jesus cared so much to die for people who did
not deserve it. People fight each other, hate each other, trick each other, etc, etc. That is not the way of righteousness.
God said, "Be Holy for I am Holy".  
Have they no understanding of the concept?
I myself am happy to have a right relationship, point a personal relationship with God.  If it had not been for Him, last Tuesday I think I would have been in the hospital for
awhile.  He did not let that happen to me.
Thank for your remarks.

LS

abundantly."
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 11:20:01 AM »

It makes me
wonder why Jesus cared so much to die for people who did
not deserve it.

Its called Grace!

Smiley

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the