Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2044 times)
willychuck
« on: October 29, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

Who am I?  Well, I can tell you a little bit about myself and maybe you can help me figure out who I am.  Cheesy

I am the proud father of 7 children.  Shocked Two are already out and married.  The others are still at home.  I am married, but have been seperated from my wife, Debbie, for the last six years.  One of our sons lives with me, JJ.  I've been a follower of Christ since He found me  Wink  in 1974.  I can say for certain, without any doubt, that He never lets go. EVER!!!   Grin

I am more thankful for His love and mercy and grace in my life than my own ability to love Him.  I have a passion for His word and poetry and trying to express my heart feelings to Him and others.  I do love to share His love and word with friends and family and co-workers.

By trade, I am a carpenter.  Most of my work is from a local union.  I do however, do plenty of side work.  Before carpentry I spent 16 years in retail.   I like to mess around with computers and cars and trucks.

I live in Washington state.  Love the weather.   Roll Eyes  Well, most of the time.  If I'm not lovin the weather I'm working in it. 

So far what I've seen on the forums, I like. 

Thanks for being here.

willychuck (my favorite aunt called me that)
Bill  Grin 

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »

Hello WillyChuck,

I know that I welcomed you in another area of the board after reading some of your poetry, but I'll welcome you again.

We're very happy to have you with us, and I hope that you enjoy the Christian fellowship here. We have a good mix of sweet Christians here who love JESUS as the core of their lives. We have folks of all ages - from about 8 to 88 I think.

I'm not 88, but I am a grandpa.   Cheesy  I'm retired and disabled, so being a professional grandpa is one of my favorite jobs when I get to see them.

Have fun on the forum.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »

Hello Bill welcome to the forum. It is my prayer you will enjoy your visits and that wee hear from you often. I have not yet read any of your poems, but I will take some time to read them  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
saved_by_grace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »

Hello and welcome!!!

I look forward to seeing your posts.

I have a brother who use to live in the State of Washington.  Oak Habor to be exact.  He use to be in the Navy and he decided to live out that way instead of coming home to Minnesota.  Although, he has thought about moving back here.  I think he will miss being out there if he moves back home.  He use to take us crabbing with him, to the beach, he took us to Seattle once, and much more.  We even got to see a seal in the wild once and have been there for the lowest tide of the year and got to see various kinds of sea life.....that was so cool!!!  That was a long time ago now.  He now lives in Oregon.  Do you live near the coast or inland?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

Washington state is a beautiful area. I lived in Redmond for a year while stationed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. I wonder if that restaurant above the Snoqualmie Falls is still there? I went up there a lot just to drive around in the mountains.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
willychuck
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:47:09 AM »

Hi everyone,
I had written a long reply only I lost it when I went to preview.  Couldn't get it back.  Cry  This is all I could fit in before heading to sleep.  Roll Eyes  Looking forward to fellowship/friendship with you all.   Grin   

Oh, and the avatar isn't a pic of me.  I just liked it so much and am hoping I can make it to that age looking just as good.   Cheesy

Washington state is a beautiful area. I lived in Redmond for a year while stationed at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. I wonder if that restaurant above the Snoqualmie Falls is still there? I went up there a lot just to drive around in the mountains.

Hi Roger,
I hope it's not disrespectful to you.  Embarrassed  Me calling you Roger.  If you prefer pastor Roger please let me know.

It is beautiful here.  The last time I went there I had the most spectacular breakfast.  No one can eat it all.  Unbelieveble.  Fire from the sky.  (Honey)  I know where Redmond is.  I used to go through it to get to Kirkland where I went to bible college.  I love the mountains too.  Thanks for your welcome.

Hello and welcome!!!

I look forward to seeing your posts.

I have a brother who use to live in the State of Washington.  Oak Habor to be exact.  He use to be in the Navy and he decided to live out that way instead of coming home to Minnesota.  Although, he has thought about moving back here.  I think he will miss being out there if he moves back home.  He use to take us crabbing with him, to the beach, he took us to Seattle once, and much more.  We even got to see a seal in the wild once and have been there for the lowest tide of the year and got to see various kinds of sea life.....that was so cool!!!  That was a long time ago now.  He now lives in Oregon.  Do you live near the coast or inland?

Hi again saved by grace,

Thanks for your welcome too.  I've been to Minnesota once.  The mesquitos almost carried me away.   Cheesy  I live closer to Mount St. Helens than the coast.  But we do have seals that come up the Cowlitz River all the time to steal the salmon and steelhead from the fisherman. O well, they gotta eat too.  We also get porqupine, opossoms, raccoons, skunks, and the like come into our back yard often.  Oh, and my daughters favorites, tree frogs, crickets, grasshoppers and snakes.  Don't know where she gets it.   Grin   

your brother in Christ,
Bill

Hello Bill welcome to the forum. It is my prayer you will enjoy your visits and that wee hear from you often. I have not yet read any of your poems, but I will take some time to read them  Cheesy

Hi airIam2worship,

Is that air-I-am-2-worship?  Or here I am to worship? Or? I like it.  Grin

Thanks for your prayers.  I do enjoy it so far.  And you will hear from me. Often?  Maybe.  Just depends on how much I want to be vulnerable.   Wink  My poems are just my heart trying to express my life and His love.  Usually.   Grin

your brother in Christ,
Bill 

Hello WillyChuck,

I know that I welcomed you in another area of the board after reading some of your poetry, but I'll welcome you again.

We're very happy to have you with us, and I hope that you enjoy the Christian fellowship here. We have a good mix of sweet Christians here who love JESUS as the core of their lives. We have folks of all ages - from about 8 to 88 I think.

I'm not 88, but I am a grandpa.   Cheesy  I'm retired and disabled, so being a professional grandpa is one of my favorite jobs when I get to see them.

Have fun on the forum.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your double welcome.  Cheesy  I do appreciat it.  Sounds like just the place I need to be.  I've already read and seen so much that I like.  Kinda like a kid going into a candy store.  I hope to grow and mature here. 

love, your brother in Christ,
Bill   

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:38:15 AM »

Hi Roger,
I hope it's not disrespectful to you.  Embarrassed  Me calling you Roger.  If you prefer pastor Roger please let me know.

It is beautiful here.  The last time I went there I had the most spectacular breakfast.  No one can eat it all.  Unbelieveble.  Fire from the sky.  (Honey)  I know where Redmond is.  I used to go through it to get to Kirkland where I went to bible college.  I love the mountains too.  Thanks for your welcome.

No disrespect taken, many on here call me PR, or Brother Roger, just Roger is also fine. I have no problem with any of it. After all it is my birth name.   Wink  Grin

Yep that is the place. A really nice restaurant and a wonderful reprieve from the city of Seattle.

I love your poems also. They are a beautiful bit of wisdom and a wonderful testimony, too.

I hope that you do come here in fellowship with us often.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

Hello Willychuck,

YES - this is a good place to grow stronger in the LORD, and that includes mature Christians. We have a huge variety of Godly materials to read and study and a large number of sweet Christians who simply love the LORD. That's why many are addicted to Christians Unite, including me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:90 NASB  Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations; You established the earth, and it stands.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

That's why many are addicted to Christians Unite, including me.

...  and me.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:05:02 AM »

...  and me.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Brother, I was just thinking - Bible Study and Christian fellowship are two addictions that the whole family can enjoy without any guilt at all. We all have so MUCH to give thanks for, and that brings to mind one of my favorite times of the year: THANKSGIVING!

Every day should be THANKSGIVING for Christians!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »

Willychuck,

Welcome to the forum....

willychuck
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 01:11:05 AM »

Thanks, ib Tina    Grin  Grin  Grin

brother PR,

I guess I'm a little dense right now.   Grin  Ok maybe not just right now.    Grin

You said; 
"Brother, I was just thinking - Bible Study and Christian fellowship are two addictions that the whole family can enjoy without any guilt at all."

Did you mean addictions or additions?  And forgive me, but I don't understand about "without any guilt at all".  I definitely love bible study and christian fellowship.  I'm not sure how to encorporate the whole family in it together anymore.   Undecided 

thanks for being here   Cheesy  Cheesy   And so late at night too

bro Bill   

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 01:52:00 AM »

Hi Brother Bill.

Those were statements made by Brother Tom above. I don't mean to answer for him but I am sure he meant just that. I had responded to his comment about being addicted to coming to this forum so yes he did mean addiction. It is a wonderful thing to be addicted to Bible study and Christian fellowship. An addiction that does not give a reason to feel guilty but rather to enjoy. As for family, we as Christians have a much larger family than just our immediate, biological family. We have all those that are a part of the body of Christ that are also our family and it is enjoyable to be able to have fellowship and Bible studies with them as well as with our immediate biological family.

As for having a Bible study with your immediate biological family when you do get a chance to do so bring out the Bible and start a discussion just as if you were talking about anything else with them. A relaxed setting is usually the best for it to be most effective.

thanks for being here    Cheesy Cheesy   And so late at night too

My priviledge and enjoyment. I am here at various different times of the day and noght depending on when and if I am able to sleep or not.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 03:33:31 AM »

Brothers,

I had a computer problem, and I'm sorry I wasn't here to answer the questions about what I meant. YES - Pastor Roger, you got it right. There is guilt and misery associated with most of the world's addictions like alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. There is never any guilt or misery associated with Bible study and Christian fellowship. SO, Bible study and Christian fellowship is a GOOD ADDICTION. And YES - we have a huge and wonderful family of Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 4:20-21 NASB  yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 05:59:37 AM »

Warm Welcome to CF Forum Bill!!  Cheesy

Please pull up chair and have nice time here with all us!  Cheesy

God Bless, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann
MSGuidedAngel

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the