Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  going to a new church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: going to a new church  (Read 1438 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2004, 10:45:54 PM »

well in the summer, my catholic church closed my family and friends, are haveing a rough time adjusting. but we found a new church it is methodist . very small , wich i like .the paster is very nice i also like him i think we may have found a new home. only one problem my wife isnt on board. she hasnt gone back to church since ours closed . she cant bring herself to trying a non-catholic church. hopeing for some prayers for her to join me and the kids at service on sunday.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 05:32:50 PM »

Any Up-Dates?

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 07:27:05 PM »

well in the summer, my catholic church closed my family and friends, are haveing a rough time adjusting. but we found a new church it is methodist . very small , wich i like .the paster is very nice i also like him i think we may have found a new home. only one problem my wife isnt on board. she hasnt gone back to church since ours closed . she cant bring herself to trying a non-catholic church. hopeing for some prayers for her to join me and the kids at service on sunday.
Cry  I sincerely hope and pray that you and your family will be able to fellowship with other believers again! I know its rough to go from one church to another, though I've never had to make a change quite as difficult as yours.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 08:51:14 PM »

becoming a noncatholic would be a hard thing, 'specially if it's not really by choice.

actually, for that matter, becoming anything, if not by choice, is a hard thing.  I'm not sure that it can really happen.  Maybe.

I like to 'believe' in what i'm doing...

Imagine that, actually believing in what you're doing.   Hmmm.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 04:28:26 AM »

becoming a noncatholic would be a hard thing, 'specially if it's not really by choice.

actually, for that matter, becoming anything, if not by choice, is a hard thing.  I'm not sure that it can really happen.  Maybe.

I like to 'believe' in what i'm doing...

Imagine that, actually believing in what you're doing.   Hmmm.

Huh

A lot of my Christian friends are ex-roman catholics, they never had any problems.

<Smiley))><
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 08:27:45 PM »

Well, my wife finally has gone back to church this week first time since the closeing of ours . we went to the Methodist church that ive been going to. She liked it and is open to going again.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 11:51:55 PM »

Well, my wife finally has gone back to church this week first time since the closeing of ours . we went to the Methodist church that ive been going to. She liked it and is open to going again.
Praise God!

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 09:59:53 AM »

I was once a Methodist along time ago

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »

That's wonderful!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 09:45:40 PM »

well now we are going to a Episcopal church,again very nice people are great only been there 5 times but my wife seems to like it better than the methodist church. seems as though half of the parrishners are from catholic churches.

anyhow just thought id chime in

oh, and thanks blackeyepeas Wink
Melody
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »

well now we are going to a Episcopal church,again very nice people are great only been there 5 times but my wife seems to like it better than the methodist church. seems as though half of the parrishners are from catholic churches.

anyhow just thought id chime in

Not surprising.  Aren't Episcopalians the protestant version of catholics?  I went to an episcopal church once and it reminded me very much of the catholic church I grew up in.

As an ex-catholic, I can say that I had difficulty switching over to protestant churches, but it mainly was because I was used to a specific ritual and without it, the service was "lacking" (in my opinion).

It took me many more years before God opened my eyes and heart enough to be comfortable.  It still amazes me that I'm now considering membership in a Baptist church.  Oh...and I don't miss the ritual anymore because I have something more important....a bible based church.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 07:36:21 PM »

MELODY, I THINK YOUR RIGHT.

I ENJOY THE METHODIST CHURCH BETTER BUT IM ALONE ON THAT. WE STILL ARE GOING TO Episcopal church.

tryed the other Catholic churches in the area but , ruled them out.

my catholic church was closed aprox. 9 months ago do to the preist scandels , and only 20% of the parrish is now enrolled in another catholic church. speaking with my catholic freinds thier is still alot of anger and pain still and many are floatting around like lost sheep trying to find a place of worship.
wormiesaber

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »

I used to go to a Catholic Church because my Dad was Catholic and at one time, he wanted me to be Catholic and go through the school and everything. My Mom wouldn't allow it, she wanted me in a normal school with normal kids, but I was raised Baptist. I enjoy the Baptist Church and visit one frequently.
I used to go to the Oasis Christian Center in Los Angeles 2 days a week but I didn't like the big show they seemed to put on, and after awhile, it got to a point to where I felt it was sort of a scam, with the big cameras and lighting set-ups and acting skits. I just want to worship God on Sundays, all that other stuff is dressing and gravy, so I'm prone to more conventional churches like a good 'ol baptist church or the Harvest Rock church in Pasadena, california (where several of my friends go on Sundays anyway).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 08:24:43 PM by wormiesaber » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the