Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  ...In Regard to Homosexual life/marriage... Question??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ...In Regard to Homosexual life/marriage... Question??  (Read 1278 times)
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2004, 10:48:23 AM »

???Could someone help me with this? I know there is a lot of debate on the Homosexuals & how some bishops & that are Gay & justify it. Could someone tell me how they justify it? Like what scriptures are they taking totally out of context (obviously). Because my Bible clearly states "man shall not lie with Man". Doesnt it also say the Lord considers it an abomination?? I was having a debate with a gay tenant in my business and he got upset with me, so Im wondering how do they justify it when the Lord says it is wrong? Thanks.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 12:52:57 PM »

If you are going to try to understand their thinking on it, Natey, it will take you a little time to come up to speed on it.  Especially with how the so-called Christian gays are justifying it.  There is a variety of ways to deny that a Stop sign says "Stop".  

One main argument they are using is that Sodom as depicted in Genesis, and a similar event there in Judges 19, really weren't doing that.  That Sodom was convicted of prosperity, not immorality, or homosexuality.

The Leviticus passages they will dismiss as legalism, and they will ask you if you keep those regarding gays, why don't you keep all the others in Leviticus??

Your best bet first is know the Word, which you apparently are doing.

I had a gay recently insist on how unseemly this new Mel Gibson movie "The Passion" is, and that Jesus could'nt have been treated that way, implying I guess that crucifixion just didn't take place.

I replied by asking, "Well then what about Jesus' challenge to doubting Thomas to place his finger in Jesus' nailholes?"

He couldn't answer, but only dismiss my challenge.

We'll have to know scripture well, and be patient, and "instant in season, and out of season..."

It's not very pleasant.  Homosexuallity is wholesale insanity.  It is insane.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 01:03:51 PM »

Agreed Symph,

I think it all boils down to unbelief.  Rather than allowing his word to make change in the heart, they seek to change the word in order not to offend their heart.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 01:04:40 PM »

Thank U Symphony.....appreciate that response.
I was curious about that Movie you mentioned with Mel Gibson. Ive heard of it & seen all the attn it is drawing. May I ask, is what the movie portrays? That Jesus didn't die on the cross?! Oh please tell me that isnt what they are showing?SadSadSadSad

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 01:15:24 PM »

Just wanted to add.... a NT verse that impossible dismiss is...

Rom 1:26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Only unbelief can deny what this is speaking of.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

FBI78

One Nation Under God!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 03:58:35 PM »

The movie called The Passion is about the last 12hrs of Christ's life. They show everything that happens to Him. Its suppose to be very powerful movie and I myself want to see it.
  With the Gay thing i think its just their thing of having their cake and eating it too. They want their sexual pleasure but they also want to go to Heaven. They want both and they cant do that. Its immoral and not right. Like you all say its in the Bible and they cant deny it. But for some ppl they will change the words around in the Bible to get their own way.

Cindy and Mike 11/8/97
Desiree 6/12/98
Curtis 9/5/02

"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannnot change.. Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 05:47:04 PM »

Thank U Symphony.....appreciate that response.
I was curious about that Movie you mentioned with Mel Gibson. Ive heard of it & seen all the attn it is drawing. May I ask, is what the movie portrays? That Jesus didn't die on the cross?! Oh please tell me that isnt what they are showing?SadSadSadSad

Hi, Natey.  Yes, there's a thread on it here under "Movies"...
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 09:31:16 PM »

There are several books and websites I know of which give the gay view. I'd say IM me if you'd like a list or some such, because I am not sure of the new rules here.

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 12:39:31 AM »

???Could someone help me with this? I know there is a lot of debate on the Homosexuals & how some bishops & that are Gay & justify it. Could someone tell me how they justify it? Like what scriptures are they taking totally out of context (obviously).
Posting the anti-anti-gay view here is not allowed, so if you are genuinely interested, you;ll need to look elsewhere.  There are plenty of other websites where this is addressed, and forums where it can be genuinely debated.

Because my Bible clearly states "man shall not lie with Man". Doesnt it also say the Lord considers it an abomination??

The bible says much the same thing about wearing clothes made from mixed fibres.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 01:55:10 PM »

Agreed Symph,

I think it all boils down to unbelief.  Rather than allowing his word to make change in the heart, they seek to change the word in order not to offend their heart.

Grace and Peace!

DUDE!!! It's like hearing me!  *L* Seriously, I've said often (and in my church has become sort of like my moniker) that we must bend our beliefs to fit God's word, not God's word to fit our beliefs.  

Nice to see God working in others a like-minded unity.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 04:13:10 PM »

Agreed Symph,

Grace and Peace!

DUDE!!! It's like hearing me!  *L* Seriously, I've said often (and in my church has become sort of like my moniker) that we must bend our beliefs to fit God's word, not God's word to fit our beliefs.  

Grin

All I need now is a little dude swimming in foldgers....lol

Grace and Peace!

Tim

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 04:46:54 PM »

Agreed Symph,

Grace and Peace!

Neither must we read our own prejudices into God's revelation.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 09:57:46 AM »

Pray for them that they may overcome this malady that leads to sin. As a matter of fact donot be a respector pf persons.

Pray not only for the deliverance of the homosexual, but also for all sinners, and for all in Christ that may need prayer.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the