Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Humanist's Assult on God Continues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Humanist's Assult on God Continues  (Read 1342 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2004, 09:43:26 AM »

Student broadcaster suspended for 'God bless'
Sign-off before holiday deemed inappropriate for public institution
Posted: January 21, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern
2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A high school student dismissed from his school broadcast program for signing off with "God bless" is rallying community members to his side.

James Lord, a senior at Dupo High School in Belleville, Ill., was suspended for one month from his daily news broadcast on the school's closed circuit television after signing off his Dec. 17 broadcast, the Belleville News-Democrat reported.

Lord told his student audience: "Have a safe and happy holiday, and God bless."

School Principal Jonathan Heerboth has said Lord's comment was inappropriate for public school, the paper reported.

Lord said he plans to appeal the suspension because he claims it violated his First Amendment rights. Geoffrey Surtees, a lawyer with the Virginia-based American Center for Law and Justice who is advising Lord, said he would wait to see the outcome of the board meeting before making a comment.

Ahead of his address to the school board, Lord distributed more than 400 flyers to encourage local people to attend the meeting. The fliers said the school board was to meet last night, but board members say it is scheduled Jan. 27.

Will Lord say "God bless" again when he returns to the show Feb. 1?

"I can't guarantee I won't say it again," the student said, according to the News-Democrat.

School board member Mike Kloess said he had nothing against Lord's actions.

"I didn't have a problem with what he said, but [Superintendent Michael] Koebel knows the rules and knows what people can say and can't say," he told the Belleville paper.

Koebel could not be reached for comment.

James' mother, Beverly Lord, called the school's decision harsh and a suppression of free speech, the paper said.

Dear Lord God - may Your kingdom come.  Please, save Your children from the suppression which does not tolerate the recognition of You.  AMEN!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:59:04 AM »

Amen,

And how appropriate, James Lord at Dupo high..

"God Bless",

Petro

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 10:08:59 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

AMEN Brother!

I think this is Satan working in our Supreme Court. It is time for the other branches of government to exercise the balance of powers or start over with a new definition.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 06:25:34 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to JudgeNot,

AMEN Brother!

I think this is Satan working in our Supreme Court. It is time for the other branches of government to exercise the balance of powers or start over with a new definition.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I agree.

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 12:12:48 PM »

Student broadcaster suspended for 'God bless'
Sign-off before holiday deemed inappropriate for public institution
Posted: January 21, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern
2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A high school student dismissed from his school broadcast program for signing off with "God bless" is rallying community members to his side.

James Lord, a senior at Dupo High School in Belleville, Ill., was suspended for one month from his daily news broadcast on the school's closed circuit television after signing off his Dec. 17 broadcast, the Belleville News-Democrat reported.

Lord told his student audience: "Have a safe and happy holiday, and God bless."

School Principal Jonathan Heerboth has said Lord's comment was inappropriate for public school, the paper reported.

Lord said he plans to appeal the suspension because he claims it violated his First Amendment rights. Geoffrey Surtees, a lawyer with the Virginia-based American Center for Law and Justice who is advising Lord, said he would wait to see the outcome of the board meeting before making a comment.

Ahead of his address to the school board, Lord distributed more than 400 flyers to encourage local people to attend the meeting. The fliers said the school board was to meet last night, but board members say it is scheduled Jan. 27.

Will Lord say "God bless" again when he returns to the show Feb. 1?

"I can't guarantee I won't say it again," the student said, according to the News-Democrat.

School board member Mike Kloess said he had nothing against Lord's actions.

"I didn't have a problem with what he said, but [Superintendent Michael] Koebel knows the rules and knows what people can say and can't say," he told the Belleville paper.

Koebel could not be reached for comment.

James' mother, Beverly Lord, called the school's decision harsh and a suppression of free speech, the paper said.

Dear Lord God - may Your kingdom come.  Please, save Your children from the suppression which does not tolerate the recognition of You.  AMEN!

Does the U.S. constitution only guarantee frreedom of speech in certain locals of our land or on every inch of her turf for everyone? What in the constitution says this person could not say "God bless you" on the intercom at this school?

This was not congress establishing law concerning religion.

Pray this case is won. May he ask God to bless them again.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the