Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Homosexuals blast surgeon general nominee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homosexuals blast surgeon general nominee  (Read 1447 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 10:02:34 AM »

The fact is...He is coming..!!

AMEN! And a wondrous day that will be.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:05 AM »

The fact is...He is coming..!!
AMEN

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 03:54:30 PM »

Hello MaryJane,

It is somewhat funny that non-Christians like to debate portions of the Holy Bible. Understanding of the Holy Bible many times requires the help of the Holy Spirit of God. That's why it is good for us to pray for help and guidance before we study our Bibles.

The twisted distortions that some of the lost use to attack Christians are amazing. This is especially true with their attacks against GOD from misunderstandings of the Old Testament. One of the statements I've heard many times is something like, "If there really is a GOD like that, I wouldn't worship HIM." YET, they worship men who are worse, and those men have no claim on being the MASTER AND CREATOR of the universe. Most of their attacks deal with punishments they feel are unfair, unjust, or too severe.

The reality is that it's quite reasonable for the MASTER AND CREATOR of the universe to make demands, state what HE wants, and command that HE Alone be worshipped as GOD. The word "command" is used in this situation as a directive. We should all know that GOD has sufficient POWER to force TOTAL obedience, and HE could have done that for the entire history of mankind. But, that was not HIS WAY.

YES, JESUS CHRIST is coming again, and it will be in GREAT WRATH. Evil will be crushed and every knee will bow to HIM. The Judgment for those who denied HIM will be most severe - eternal punishment. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF will be the JUDGE - TOTAL PERFECTION, RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND HOLINESS!

THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT will be a horrible time of TRUTH for evil, and nothing will remain hidden or unknown. The punishment will be everlasting, but there is something beautiful that came long before. JESUS CHRIST took our punishment in our place on the CROSS and HIS Perfect Sacrifice was offered to all men as a GIFT. Great hosts have refused that GIFT.

For Christians, the story is quite beautiful and different. First and foremost - there is NO CONDEMNATION for those who belong to JESUS CHRIST, and HE KNOWS who belongs to HIM. Our Judgment will be at the BEMA SEAT JUDGMENT, and it will be for REWARDS for good works done in HIS NAME according to HIS Purpose. This is a beautiful and stark contrast - HIS will be judged for REWARDS not PUNISHMENT. The rest of our PROMISES FROM GOD are just as beautiful:  1) "absent from the body, present with the LORD" at the time of our physical death;  2) A Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has at HIS Appointed Time;  3) An eternity of JOY with HIM and an end to tears, pain, and sorrow;  4) And the list goes on and on and on! These are just a few of the reasons why Christians should be the happiest people on earth - even during this short life here. This world IS NOT our HOME, and we are just temporarily using these bodies of clay - much like we would temporarily use a tent for shelter. Our CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:14 NASB  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:8 NASB  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

1 John 5:4-5 NASB  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Romans 8:37-39 NASB  But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Revelation 21:3-4 NASB  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »

Good afternoon..BEP..

So true..Non christians want a soft place to fall even when they face what they themselves have caused their circumstances...Using what they believe to be the word of God without even knowing the word of God..using it to justify their own means...Then to turn around and blae God...God gives free will and it is what we do with that free will that counts...

It is so sad because the days are so short and those who do not know the love of God are in such darkness...Yes...God is a loving God...but He is a just God and He turns His face away from sin and droves of people believe God loves them too much to punish them with a place called hell and many believe there is no such place and all I can think is how can they afford to be wrong...Man's ideas are so far from God's..If it were so..then we would be the creator...but we are not and only the creator knows what is best for us and in that day...we will know His as He is...and those who He knows will rejoice throughout eternity with Him and once again God will walk among us...How I try to envision with my feeble mind this day after day...It is what keeps me going knowing that I am safe and secure in the love and in the arms of God..a Sovereign God who loves us so much He gives opportunity after opportunity to trust Him...

I love reading your post...I love that ther is a place where you can read the word that does not return void...

Rev. 19..

Hallelujah..salvation and glory and power belong to our God

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the