Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Democrats declare July 4 'Energy Independence Day'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Democrats declare July 4 'Energy Independence Day'  (Read 1396 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »

Democrats declare July 4 'Energy Independence Day'
Pelosi promises to operate House in carbon-neutral manner at earliest possible date

"Global warming is "one of humanity's greatest challenges," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared on Wednesday. She said House Democrats are "working diligently" on legislation to address global warming challenges, and they expect to unveil their proposals by July 4, which she called "Energy Independence Day."

Speaking at a League of Conservation Voters' dinner in Washington Wednesday evening, Pelosi said future generations "must be first and foremost in our minds as we consider the conclusions of the scientific community: the planet is warming, human activity is responsible, and the effects are already evident around us."

She said the House will lead by example: "It is time for Congress to act on its own carbon footprint," she said, applauding Sen. Barbara Boxer for getting key offices to switch to energy efficient lighting and introducing legislation that will promote energy efficiency in federal buildings.

"Just last week, I was proud to join other House leaders in announcing a 'Green the Capitol Initiative,' which will result in us operating the House in a carbon neutral manner at the earliest possible date, but certainly by the end of the 110th Congress," Pelosi said.

"We will adopt innovative solutions, such as purchasing 100 percent renewable electric power, ensuring wood for our furniture is sustainably harvested, and conducting a comprehensive review of our recycling initiative," Pelosi said.

She said Democrats want to convert the Capitol Power Plant to a combined heat and power system and improve the House office building ventilation system. She did not give a cost estimate.

"It is so exciting to stand before you as Speaker of the House and know that because of all our hard work together, we have elected a Congress that takes real action on behalf of our beautiful planet," Pelosi said.

"The days of rejecting the science of global warming are over, as are the days of standing idly by."

Pelosi concluded with a reference to the Old Testament: "To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us."

Some critics have accused liberal Democrats of putting global warming on a par with religion, just as Pelosi did on Wednesday.

Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), who chairs a new House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming, said last week that climate change is a national security issue.

At the inaugural hearing of the panel he chairs, Markey urged forceful action to "curb our dangerous dependence on imported oil and reduce our emissions of global warming pollution."

But Rep. James Sensenbrenner, the ranking Republican on the select committee, has urged a "common-sense" approach to "big questions" about mankind's contribution to recent climate fluctuations.

"I believe we should continue to foster a healthy economic climate, and at the same time, make responsible decisions and seek innovations to lessen our impact on the global climate," Sensenbrenner said in news release last month.

"'Let's Be Responsible' may not grab headlines like 'The Sky is Falling,' but it has the virtue of being correct. It also recognizes that there are two climates this panel, and Congress, have to be concerned with. One is environmental, and the other is economic."

Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), a leading skeptic of the nation that human activity is impacting the climate, has called global warming the most "media-hyped environmental issue of all time."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »

Here they go again with more of their garbage and degrading the meaning of July 4th and all of those that gave their lives for this nation in order to do so.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

She might as well go ahead and make April Fool's day a National holiday in honor of herself, Al Gore, Sheryl Crow, Hillary-ous what's her name and her (hmmm) puppet? and all the rest of them

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »

Let us lead by example!  We are all going to charter our own planes and fly individually to every event in which we are all going to participate in. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »

Let us lead by example!  We are all going to charter our own planes and fly individually to every event in which we are all going to participate in. 

After all they can't associate with the enemy.   Cheesy Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »

Energy Independence Day, does this mean that we can wire their mouths..... as energy?  That would save us money, they would normaly spend...........

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 02:59:17 PM »

I declare that in order to lead by example and to cut down the CO2 emission they should declare tomorrow "National Stop Breathing Day"

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 04:13:32 PM »

I declare that in order to lead by example and to cut down the CO2 emission they should declare tomorrow "National Stop Breathing Day"
How about "National Shut Up Day".......... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 04:17:53 PM »

Grin There is that...but if we can get them to stop breathing for the whole day....alot of problems would be solved in a 24 hour period  Grin

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 04:20:40 PM »

Grin There is that...but if we can get them to stop breathing for the whole day....alot of problems would be solved in a 24 hour period  Grin
But then we wouldn't have the chance to witness to them.  By them shutting up........ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »

Thanks for the laughs...one sheet of toilet paper for each of you!  Grin Grin Grin

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »

Grin   Grin

Lot's of things about this global warming hype are hilarious, but I think that Sheryl Crow wins the prize for the most ridiculous quote so far by a "HollyTwidian" type. This was one of those spew your coffee and roll on the floor, unforgettable comments.

I'm sure that all of those folks driving Hummers and getting 2 miles per gallon will feel so guilty that they start holding ice cubes out the window when they drive down the road. UM? - NOW! - This sounds promising! What if we all held ice cubes out the window while driving? Whadda ya think guys and gals?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »

That sounds like a red necked 240 A/C to me. Good idea.   Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Roll Eyes

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 05:25:54 PM »

All I can say is, if I ever meet Sheryl Crow, I won't be shaking hands with her

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:58 PM »

All I can say is, if I ever meet Sheryl Crow, I won't be shaking hands with her

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the