Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Only 9% of all Christians have a biblical worldview?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Only 9% of all Christians have a biblical worldview?  (Read 1254 times)
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2003, 11:28:48 AM »

Interesting article today in World Net Daily. In a recent survey, done by the Barna Group, stated only 9% of all born again Christians have a biblical worldview. Personally, I believe this number to be a little on the high side. What do you think?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35926

Psalm 119
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 11:54:46 AM »

Hmmm, "...have a biblical worldview...".

That's the key phrase.
Bring the Bible, and Sonny, "Yo in a heappa trouble".  *sigh*

I just heard a book 36 weeks on the NYTimes Bestseller list, "DaVinci's Secret", or something like that, claiming that Joseph and Mary really were married, and Jesus a result of that.

I replied to the person telling me this, "Well, um, that's not what the gospels say."

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.   Roll Eyes

Yep, gotta stay in the Word.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  John 1:1   Smiley
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 01:58:39 PM »

Charity always begins at home. Perhaps "Barna" should start there and maybe it will become infectious.

Support your local Christian.
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 02:06:11 AM »

Interesting article today in World Net Daily. In a recent survey, done by the Barna Group, stated only 9% of all born again Christians have a biblical worldview. Personally, I believe this number to be a little on the high side. What do you think?

Psalm 119

I clicked on the article, but it didn't come up, so I couldn't read it.
A biblical world view? It doesn't sound good. However, a Christian must have a personal relationship with Christ.

God bless,
bluelake.

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 08:08:24 AM »

Psalm 119

Hi,

You have to be careful putting too much credence in polls - they are notoriously badly done most of the time.  This one only polled 2000 people and I have yet to find out how the real questions were worded (which is very important) and also how many non-crucial questions were asked (you have to pad an accurate poll with non-evaluated questions to get the polled individula into the flow so to speak).  The results are still disconcerting but I am not going to change how I live based on it.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 08:14:22 AM »

Hmmm, "...have a biblical worldview...".

That's the key phrase.
Bring the Bible, and Sonny, "Yo in a heappa trouble".  *sigh*

I just heard a book 36 weeks on the NYTimes Bestseller list, "DaVinci's Secret", or something like that, claiming that Joseph and Mary really were married, and Jesus a result of that.

I replied to the person telling me this, "Well, um, that's not what the gospels say."

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.   Roll Eyes

Yep, gotta stay in the Word.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  John 1:1   Smiley

The book you refer to is the DaVinci Code and it claims that Jesus and Mary Magdala were married and had kids, so it is even worse than you were led to believe.  The book is admitted fiction but based on a belief system that some do hold to.  I have read it and the author's previous work Angels and Demons and though the theology is awful the books are a good read (as fiction) - fast paced and enthrawling.  They remind me of an old Robin Williams movie - I think it was called "What Dreams May Come"  - great movie - bad theology.  

The reason I would recommend reading the DaVinci Code is to know what the enemy is doing - these ideas are sure to pop up more and more as the AntiChrist (those who would deny that Jesus was Son of God) come to power.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 08:33:56 AM »

The Barna Group and polls are not the Gospel, but it should make a Christian think. Huh

Having a biblical worldview,, simply means you apply God's Word and His standards to everyday life. He no longer just becomes a "personal Jesus", but rather He is the footprint for all your decision making.

For example having a Biblical Worldview means that you apply God's Word and His standards to government. You apply His standards to running and operating your business. You apply His standards in how you deal with finances, etc....

Unfortunately, many Christians apply God's Word on Sundays and Wednesdays to their lives, and they use the worlds standards for the rest of the week.

Having a Biblical Worldview is a good thing! It's the real thing!

Psalm 119
Ralph

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2003, 09:26:53 PM »

The reason so few have a biblical worldview is that the heretical doctrines of Arminianism are CONTRARY to a biblical worldview. That can be changed only by God giving His people a heart to learn the TRUTH of scripture.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 06:00:22 AM »

The reason so few have a biblical worldview is that the heretical doctrines of Arminianism are CONTRARY to a biblical worldview. That can be changed only by God giving His people a heart to learn the TRUTH of scripture.

Believe that player Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the