Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286832 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  a single fighter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a single fighter  (Read 721 times)
still1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:51:37 AM »

After watching a man on t.v. praying for the future of his children, and their children I started to think how important this was. I went to climb the family tree to see if I had people of God there, well I was shocked to find there was no tree worth climbing. I could find not one believer on my dads side and maybe four on my mothers side. I'm a little troubled over this, could this possibly be affecting my life now? as in generational curse, as for the future I have dad, mom, stepdad, seven brothers and sisters with husbands, wives and twenty+ kids all unsaved with hardly an intrest in being saved. Can a single fighter in a battle royal with little experince do any good?

Lee
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 01:08:02 PM »

After watching a man on t.v. praying for the future of his children, and their children I started to think how important this was. I went to climb the family tree to see if I had people of God there, well I was shocked to find there was no tree worth climbing. I could find not one believer on my dads side and maybe four on my mothers side. I'm a little troubled over this, could this possibly be affecting my life now? as in generational curse, as for the future I have dad, mom, stepdad, seven brothers and sisters with husbands, wives and twenty+ kids all unsaved with hardly an intrest in being saved. Can a single fighter in a battle royal with little experince do any good?

Lee

still1,

A very warm welcome to CU.  I-C-U-R new as of May 20th.  I just read your posts.

Our (all of us) walk with Jesus Christ is not easy.  Please, don't let the enemy discourage you.  He'll use every tactic he can to do so.  We're in a war here, but the war was won on Calvary.  Every morning of your life just ask God to fill you with the power of His Holy Spirit (without fail).  Ask Him for wisdom and strength to do His will.  He will give you what you ask because it IS in His will to do so.

Yes, a single fighter (soldier, in Christ's army), with little experience can do good.  You have Jesus Christ on your side.  How can you lose?  He'll bring you through everything.  He never breaks His promise.  He said He would never leave you.  I know it seems as if you're alone in this battle, but you aren't.  I'm happy you found CU.  God led you here, ya know.
He's in complete control of everything.  Just remember that, always.

As for the generational curse.............well, some Christians think the G curse is OT only and that NT Christians aren't affected.  Other Christians think the curse is still in effect.  Regardless, as a child of the Most High God, the Creator of heaven and earth, Jesus Christ became the curse of the Law for us, so that our eternal home could be a blessing (heaven) and not a curse (hell).  We just have to make that choice and yield ourselves to God.  Jesus Christ said, "pick up your cross and follow me."  Surrender your whole self to Him.  Be on the alert, your enemy, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.  Believe me, the enemy will look for the weakest part in any of us.  We all struggle.  We all try to kill the flesh daily.  Sometimes we're successful and sometimes we're not.  Ah, but we have a merciful God who is ever ready to forgive us when we ask.  

Keep on fighting the good fight---------never ever give up.  You will be amazed at what He'll do!!!  Remember this, praise Him IN all things.  I didn't say to praise Him FOR all things.

Grace and peace,
cris

still1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 01:45:27 PM »

cris,

Thank you for your warm reply and very good advice, It is my hearts desire to walk with the Lord. I find it a bit scary at times laying it all down and letting go, but I'm learning.
Thanks again

God bless
Lee
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the