Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286831 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Weekly Sermons by the moderators.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly Sermons by the moderators.  (Read 36244 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »

Jesus Christ Is God - Part 4 of 5

Ephesians 3:9 KJV  And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:9 AMP  Also to enlighten all men and make plain to them what is the plan [regarding the Gentiles and providing for the salvation of all men] of the mystery kept hidden through the ages and concealed until now in [the mind of] God Who created all things by Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:5-11 KJV  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.  9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:  10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;  11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11 AMP  Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]  6  Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained,  7  But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.  8  And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!  9  Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,  10  That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,  11  And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Colossians 2:9 KJV  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:9 AMP  For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature].

1 Timothy 1:1-2 KJV  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;  2  Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Timothy 1:1-2 AMP  PAUL, AN apostle (special messenger) of Christ Jesus by appointment and command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus (the Messiah), our Hope,  2  To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace (spiritual blessing and favor), mercy, and [heart] peace [be yours] from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 AMP  And great and important and weighty, we confess, is the hidden truth (the mystic secret) of godliness. He [ God] was made visible in human flesh, justified and vindicated in the [ Holy] Spirit, was seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, [and] taken up in glory.

1 Timothy 6:14-15 KJV  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:  15  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

1 Timothy 6:14-15 AMP  To keep all His precepts unsullied and flawless, irreproachable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One),  15  Which [appearing] will be shown forth in His own proper time by the blessed, only Sovereign (Ruler), the King of kings and the Lord of lords,

Titus 2:13-14 KJV  Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;  14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Titus 2:13-14 AMP  Awaiting and looking for the [fulfillment, the realization of our] blessed hope, even the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One),  14  Who gave Himself on our behalf that He might redeem us (purchase our freedom) from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people [to be peculiarly His own, people who are] eager and enthusiastic about [living a life that is good and filled with] beneficial deeds. [Deut. 14:2; Ps. 130:8; Ezek. 37:23.]

Hebrews 1:1-3 KJV  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;  3  Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hebrews 1:1-3 AMP  IN MANY separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the Truth] and in different ways God spoke of old to [our] forefathers in and by the prophets,  2  [But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [ He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].  3  He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [ God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »

Jesus Christ Is God - Part 5 of 5

Hebrews 1:8-12 KJV  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.  9  Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.  10  And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:  11  They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;  12  And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Hebrews 1:8-12 AMP  But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).  9  You have loved righteousness [You have delighted in integrity, virtue, and uprightness in purpose, thought, and action] and You have hated lawlessness (injustice and iniquity). Therefore God, [even] Your God (Godhead), has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy and gladness above and beyond Your companions. [Ps. 45:6, 7.]  10  And [further], You, Lord, did lay the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands.  11  They will perish, but You remain and continue permanently; they will all grow old and wear out like a garment.  12  Like a mantle [thrown about one's self] You will roll them up, and they will be changed and replaced by others. But You remain the same, and Your years will never end nor come to failure. [Ps. 102:25-27.]

Hebrews 3:1-4 KJV  Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;  2  Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.  3  For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.  4  For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Hebrews 3:1-4 AMP  SO THEN, brethren, consecrated and set apart for God, who share in the heavenly calling, [thoughtfully and attentively] consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest Whom we confessed [as ours when we embraced the Christian faith].  2  [See how] faithful He was to Him Who appointed Him [Apostle and High Priest], as Moses was also faithful in the whole house [of God]. [Num. 12:7.]  3  Yet Jesus has been considered worthy of much greater honor and glory than Moses, just as the builder of a house has more honor than the house [itself].  4  For [of course] every house is built and furnished by someone, but the Builder of all things and the Furnisher [of the entire equipment of all things] is God.

2 Peter 1:1-3 KJV  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:  2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,  3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2 Peter 1:1-3 AMP  SIMON PETER, a servant and apostle (special messenger) of Jesus Christ, to those who have received (obtained an equal privilege of) like precious faith with ourselves in and through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:  2  May grace (God's favor) and peace (which is perfect well-being, all necessary good, all spiritual prosperity, and freedom from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts) be multiplied to you in [the full, personal, precise, and correct] knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.  3  For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).

1 John 5:7-8 KJV  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.  8  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 John 5:7-8 AMP  So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;  8  and there are three witnesses on the earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree [are in unison; their testimony coincides].

1 John 5:20 KJV  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1 John 5:20 AMP  And we [have seen and] know [positively] that the Son of God has [actually] come to this world and has given us understanding and insight [progressively] to perceive (recognize) and come to know better and more clearly Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true--in His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah). This [Man] is the true God and Life eternal.

Revelation 17:14 KJV  These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 17:14 AMP  They will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them; for He is Lord of lords and King of kings--and those with Him and on His side are chosen and called [elected] and loyal and faithful followers. [Dan. 2:47.]

Revelation 19:13-16 KJV  13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  14  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  15  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19:13-16 AMP  13  He is dressed in a robe dyed by dipping in blood, and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.  14  And the troops of heaven, clothed in fine linen, dazzling and clean, followed Him on white horses.  15  From His mouth goes forth a sharp sword with which He can smite (afflict, strike) the nations; and He will shepherd and control them with a staff (scepter, rod) of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath and indignation of God the All-Ruler (the Almighty, the Omnipotent). [Ps. 2:9.]  16  And on His garment (robe) and on His thigh He has a name (title) inscribed, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. [Deut. 10:17; Dan. 2:47.]

Revelation 22:12-13 KJV  12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:12-13 AMP  12  Behold, I am coming soon, and I shall bring My wages and rewards with Me, to repay and render to each one just what his own actions and his own work merit. [Isa. 40:10; Jer. 17:10.]  13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last (the Before all and the End of all). [Isa. 44:6; 48:12.]

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 12:15:17 AM »

On The Path Of The Roman Road

There is nothing more important to God than your soul...... and there should be nothing more important to you than where that soul will spend eternity. In the scripture following, we will see just where we stand in the sight of God, and what we can do about our standing.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

These verses establish our standing in the eyes of God........ sinners, and the result....... death. They also establish that we can be made right in standing in the eyes of God by accepting, believing, and confessing Jesus Christ as our atonement for sin, at which point we once again become alive, and can fellowship with God for eternity. We will be "translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light"

Jesus made us a promise in Revelations 3:20, by saying that if you hear His voice, and will open the door of your heart to Him, He WILL come in to you, and save you. That is the only way, there is no other way to heaven but by Jesus.

Receive Him now, and begin a new life, as a new creature, destined to live forever in His presence, and with His peace and grace. If you are ready to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life, pray this prayer. Remember, if you don't believe it, if you don't mean it........ you will not be saved. God knows your heart.

If you agree, please pray;
Lord Jesus, I am a sinner not worthy of your Love. Lord Jesus, I believe that you died on the cross for me and I ask you to come into my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Lord Jesus, I ask forgiveness for my sins and ask to follow you as the Lord of my life. In the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ, I pray.
Amen.

If you have prayed this prayer, and believe with all your heart, then you ARE saved! You have become a new person, walking in a new life, and with a glorious future! It is important that you begin to read the Word of God, and to find other believers to fellowship with on a daily basis. We would like to know about it, so please drop us a line to let us know. Find a church home. Don't worry about where it might be, just start going. God will let you know where, and when, for He is in charge of placing us in the body of Christ, His Church. Make confession before men that you are a believer, that Jesus Christ is your savior, and your Lord. Jesus said "whosoever confesseth me before men, him will I confess before my Father which is in heaven, and whosever denieth me before men, him will I deny before my Father which is in heaven". There is no such thing as a "secret" disciple of Christ, and He is nothing to be ashamed of, or spoken of in whispers.

Welcome my brothers or sisters to the Kingdom of God!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »

Worthy And Godly Advice

Philippians 4:4 KJV  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

We have all kinds of troubles and trials in this short life, but we are vastly different from those who have no hope. As Christians, we have Christ as the Lord over our lives and spiritual riches beyond human imagination. We will always have reasons to rejoice in the Lord, regardless of how bad our temporary, earthly circumstances are. We should guard against ingratitude to God for all that He has given us and remember that all good things come from Him. Rejoicing in the Lord helps us to keep this short life in the proper perspective. We are the children of the Most High - children of hope and promise. Let us show our thanks and gratitude to God by always rejoicing in the Lord. He is with us every step of the way, so this is a Christian Joy that should not be dependent on our temporary and current circumstances. In other words, we shouldn't be rejoicing in the Lord only during good times.

Philippians 4:5 KJV  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Being kind, gentle, and reasonable with others is one way of showing Christian love. "The Lord is at hand" has been understood in more than one way. The Lord is Coming soon, but He is already with us and sees all that we do. How we treat others should be pleasing to the Lord.

Philippians 4:6 KJV  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

"Careful" should actually be translated as anxious - things we worry and frett about. It's not realistic to say that Christians are never anxious and don't worry about things, but we have better things to do than let trials and troubles consume us. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and cares about our needs - however small or large. The Apostle Paul is saying here that everything should be a matter of prayer, and all of our prayers should involve thanksgiving. This is part of our daily fellowship with God. Prayer should not be reserved for just the bad times, rather all times. God knows our condition and needs, but He wants to hear it from us - His children. We would not subject an earthly father to silence, so how much greater should the concern be when talking about our Heavenly Father.

Philippians 4:7 KJV  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This is the benefit of living a life according to Philippians 4:4-6. We can have a peace and rest that can't be obtained in any other way. This peace is obviously from God, and it gets greater as our focus on Him becomes greater. This doesn't hint that Christians won't have trials and troubles, but we can certainly have a different way of dealing with them. It's really about having God as the core and head over our lives and trusting Him in all things.

A Laborer for the Lord

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »

A Mansion In Heaven Waiting For You

An angel was giving a tour of Heaven to three ministers and a lawyer. They drove down the streets of gold beside the river of life and right up to the throne of God. Next, the angel took them around to see their mansions (in a celestial golf cart, of course). Each of the ministers were astounded and elated as they drove by each of their mansions. Then, they went over to the lawyer’s heavenly real estate. It was the grandest of all mansions. It was so large and ornate that the preacher’s mansions were like outhouses in comparison. All three of the ministers started to protest this great injustice. “We have served the Lord faithfully for many years making great sacrifices in time and money. And now look at the great mansion the lawyer gets compared to our reward.” The angel explained, “I know. But you have to understand, preachers showing up in Heaven is a daily event around here. However, this is the first time we ever got a lawyer up here.”

Countless jokes have been made about mansions in Heaven. There are also a few songs about it as well. Many a congregation has sung Eugene Bartlett‘s hymn "Victory in Jesus" In fact, I have even sung this song.:

I heard about a mansion He has built for me in glory,
And I heard about the streets of gold beyond the crystal sea.
About the angels singing and the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there the song of victory.

There is a Biblical rationality for singing, joking and hoping about mansions in Heaven. In the King James translation of John 14:2, it says: “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”

Now, to be honest with ourselves, when you were growing up you may have envisioned in heaven a palatial house with crystal chandeliers, grand staircases, lots of ornate columns outlining a stately porch and inside more rooms than you knew what to do with. Well, that is what I saw in my mind’s eye until I went off to college and was informed that a better concept was that of rooms or dwelling places instead of mansions. At first, my materialistic notions were a bit dissatisfied.

Just think about it, how do you get many mansions inside of a house? The use of “mansions” gives an impression of a grand, spacious house of our own inside of the Father’s House. I have seen mansions by themselves on a lot, but cannot conceive of how you put a mansion inside of a house as is rendered in the King James Version: “In my Father's house are many mansions:...” (John 14:2). Do you see the point? John is not talking about large stately manors built inside of a house or even in lots along the streets of gold.

Mone (mon-ay); Word Origin: Greek, Noun Feminine, Strong # 3438 1) a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode 2) to make an (one's) abode.” (Strong’s Greek/Hebrew Lexicon)

Many of the newer translations do not use “many mansions,” but “many rooms” or “many dwelling places”

“In my Father’s house are many rooms...” (English Standard Version)
“many rooms;” (New International Version)
“many rooms” (Revised Standard Version)
“many dwelling places.” (New American Bible)
“ many resting_places.” (Weymouth’s N.T.)
“ many rooms” (International Standard Version)
“rooms enough” (BBE: Bible in Basic English)
“many rooms” (Montgomery Translation)
“many rooms” (Goodspeed Translation)
“many rooms” (Contemporary English Version)
“many dwelling places” (New American Standard Version)

Well, then, why is it that the earlier translations of the Greek Bible into English used the term “mansion”? Did they have a misunderstanding or materialistic view of Heaven? Did they not know the proper way to translated mone? Or were they just trying to confuse everyone with a mistranslation? Absolutely not! At the time of these various translations the use of “mansions” was most appropriate.

The fact is, words change their meanings over time!! They can also have several meanings at the same time. The English word for “mansion” has been used to mean: 1) a large house or dwelling place; 2) the main abode of a lord, a manor house, such as a governor’s mansion; 3) “Any structure or building serving as a place in which to live or lodge, as a house, a tent, etc.”(Oxford English Dictionary); 4) a residence provided for a clergyman; 5) a large residential building divided into apartments; 6) a stopping location on a trek (“Herod..in three days time marched seven mansions”Josephus Jewish Antiq. XVI. ix. §2); 7) in the plural it can refer to apartments in a large house or other building, such as, the numerous chambers in Noah’s Ark.

Mansion,’ the older translation, has led to very unfortunate misunderstandings. At the time of William Tyndale and the King James Version ‘mansion’ also, like mone, meant a dwelling place or stopping place. It could also be used of the physical dwelling place or of the manor house of a lord, but these seem to be secondary to the earlier uses as in the Greek. Now, however, we understand a mansion as being limited to a physical dwelling and having specific socioeconomic implications”.

So, “mansion” as used in the King James Version does not mean a large, stately house as we use it today, but it meant a dwelling place. In Britain, about 1607, when the translation was made the term “mansions” (plural) could mean “an apartment house.” Thus, again in the Father’s house (oikos) are many dwelling places or rooms or apartments.

John also uses mone in verse 23: “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Perhaps, this is the real spiritual meaning behind the use of the term. God is always wishing to provide a means for His children to be near or close to Him. This is why He had the Israelites build the Tabernacle. “And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them” Exodus 25:8. This is why we are the Church of Christ. “In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit” Ephesians 2:22. And in this verse we are the mone or “dwelling place” of the Father and the Son while on earth, but one day we will be in God’s house with many dwelling places for all of God’s family. In Heaven, the Father just doesn’t want you to live down the street. He wants you to live across the hall, as close to Him as possible.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:34:48 PM by Shammu » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »

Part 4 of 100 Things That Are Free To Us By CHRIST

76.  "RAISED --------------- EPHESIANS 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

77.  RECONCILED ----------- ROMANS 5:10  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

78.  REDEEMED ------------ GALATIANS 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

79.  REGENERATION ------------ TITUS 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

80.  RENEWED ------------ 2 CORINTHIANS 4:16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

81.  RESURRECTED --------- ROMANS 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

82.  RICH ---------- 2 CORINTHIANS 6:10  As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.  2 CORINTHIANS 8:9  For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

83.  RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST ------- 1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:  &  2 CORINTHIANS 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. & ROMANS 5:19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

84.  RISEN ---------- COLOSSIANS 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.  & COLOSSIANS 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

85.  ROOTED ------------ EPHESIANS 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, & COLOSSIANS 2:7  Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

86.  SAINT ---------- ROMANS 1:7  To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.  1 CORINTHIANS 1:2  Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

87.  SANCTIFIED ---------- I CORINTHIANS 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

88.  SAVED --------------------- EPHESIANS 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

89.  SEALED ------------- EPHESIANS 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

90.  SEATED ---------- EPHESIANS 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

91.  SOLDIERS ------------- 2 TIMOTHY 2:3-4  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

92.  SONS -------------- ROMANS 8: 14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

93.  STEWARDS ---------- 1 CORINTHIANS 4:1  Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

94.  TRANSLATED ---------- COLOSSIANS 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

95.  TRIUMPH ---------- 2 CORINTHIANS 2:14  Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

96.  VICTORIOUS ---------- 1 CORINTHIANS 15:57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

97.  VOCATION --------- EPHESIANS 4:1  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

98.  WASHED ----------- 1 CORINTHIANS 6:11  1 Corinthians 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

99.  WISDOM ----------- 1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

100.  WORKMANSHIP ------------- EPHESIANS 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »

Part 3 of 100 Things That Are Free To Us By CHRIST

51.  HOLY ------------------- COLOSSIANS 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

52.  HUSBANDRY --------------- 1 CORINTHIANS 3:9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

53.  IN CHRIST ---------------- ROMANS 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

54.  INHERITANCE -------------- EPHESIANS 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

55.  INSTRUCTED ----------------- PHILIPPIANS  4:12  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

56.  INTERCESSION --------------- ROMANS  8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  ROMANS 8:34  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

57.  FITLY JOINED TOGETHER -------------- EPHESIANS 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

58.  JUSTIFIED ------------ ROMANS 3:24

59.  KNOWN OF GOD ------------ GALATIANS 4:9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

60.  LOVED ------------ EPHESIANS 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

61.  MADE MEET------------- COLOSSIANS 1:12  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

62.  MEMBERS --------------- EPHESIANS 4:25  Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.  EPHESIANS 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

63.  MESSENGERS -------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 8:23  Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.

64.  MIGHTY ----------- 2 CORINTHIANS 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  COLOSSIANS 1:29  Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

65.  MINISTERS ------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  2 CORINTHIANS 6:4  But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

66.  NEW CREATURES ------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

67.  PARTAKERS ----------- EPHESIANS 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:  1 TIMOTHY 6:2  And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

68.  PEACE --------- ROMANS 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

69.  PLANTED TOGETHER --------- ROMANS 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

70.  POWER WORKING IN US -------------- EPHESIANS 1:19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

71.  PREDESTINATED --------- EPHESIANS 1:5  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,  &  EPHESIANS 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

72.  PREPARED UNTO GLORY ------------- ROMANS 9:23  And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

73.  PRESERVED ------------ 2 TIMOTHY 4:18  And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

74.  PURCHASED POSSESSION ------------ EPHESIANS 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

75.  "QUICKENED -------------- EPHESIANS 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »

Part 2 of 100 Things That Are Free To Us By CHRIST

26.  COVERED  ------------------- ROMANS 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

27.  CONFIRMED  ------------------- 1 CORINTHIANS 1:7-8 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:  8  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

28.  CLEANSED  ------------------- EPHESIANS 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

29.  CREATED  ------------------- EPHESIANS 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

30.  CONQUERORS  ------------------- ROMANS 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

31.  CROWNED  ------------------- 2 TIMOTHY 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

32.  DAUGHTERS  ------------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

33.  DECLARED  ------------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

34.  DELIVERED ---------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 1: 10  2 Corinthians 1:10  Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

35.  ELECT OF GOD ---------------- COLOSSIANS 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering &  TITUS 1:1  Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

36.  ENRICHED ----------------- 1 CORINTHIANS 1: 5  That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

37.  ESTEEMED ------------ PHILIPPIANS 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

38.  ETERNAL ---------------- TITUS 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

39.  FAMILY ------------------- EPHESIANS 3:14-15  For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,  15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

40.  FELLOWHEIRS ------------- EPHESIANS 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

41.  FELLOWCITIZENS ----------- EPHESIANS 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

42.  FELLOWLABOURERS ------------ PHILIPPIANS 4:3  And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

43.  FELLOWSERVANT --------------- COLOSSIANS 4:7  All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:

44.  FELLOWSOLDIERS ---------------- PHILIPPIANS 2:25  Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.

45.  FORGIVEN ------------------ COLOSSIANS 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

46.  FREEMAN ------------------ 1 CORINTHIANS 7:22  For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.

47.  FURNISHED ----------------- 2 TIMOTHY 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

48.  GLORIFIED --------------- ROMANS 8:30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

49.  HABITATION --------------- EPHESIANS 2:22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

50.  HEIRS ---------------------- ROMANS 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »

100 Things That Are Free To Us By CHRIST

1.  ACCEPTED  ------------------- EPHESIANS 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

2.  ALIVE WITH CHRIST  ------------------- COLOSSIANS 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

3.  ASCENDED  ------------------- EPHESIANS 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

4.  ADOPTED  ------------------- GALATIANS 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

5.  AMBASSADORS  ------------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

6.  ACCESS  ------------------- EPHESIANS 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. & ROMANS 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

7.  ALL THINGS  ------------------- I TIMOTHY 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

8.  ANOINTED US  ------------------- 2 CORINTHIANS 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

9.  APPREHENDED  ------------------- PHILIPPIANS 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

10.  APPOINTED  ------------------- 1 THESSALONIANS 3:3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.

11.  ATONEMENT  ------------------- ROMANS 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12.  AUTHORITY  ------------------- TITUS 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

13.  ASSURANCE  ------------------- 1 THESSALONIANS 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

14.  ABUNDANCE OF GRACE,  ------------------- ROMANS 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

15.  BAPTIZED  ------------------- CORINTHIANS 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

16.  BLESSED  ------------------- EPHESIANS 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

17.  BURIED  ------------------- COLOSSIANS 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead

18.  BELOVED  ------------------- ROMANS 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

19.  BUILDED TOGETHER  ------------------- EPHESIANS 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

20.  CALLED  ------------------- ROMANS 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

21.  CHOSEN  ------------------- EPHESIANS 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

22.  CIRCUMCISION  ------------------- COLOSSIANS 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

23.  COMPLETE  ------------------- COLOSSIANS 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

24.  CONFORMED  ------------------- ROMANS 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

25.  CRUCIFIED  ------------------- GALATIANS 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the