Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Theocracy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Theocracy?  (Read 1609 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2003, 07:34:03 PM »

David Limbaugh (Rush's brother) was being interviewed on a radio talk show several days ago, re: his new book, Persecution:  How Liberals are Persecuting Christianity(I think that's the title...).

The host asked the author some very pointed questions, which Limbaugh seemed to handle very well.  One question that I can recall, though, was, "You're not advocating a theocracy, are you?"   Meaning, to me, at least, government by a King.

Limbaugh's answer was "No."

I don't know if he addresses the question in his book or not.

But when we come to know Jesus as our Savior, aren't we by definition advocating or, at least, praying for and looking for, a "theocracy"??

Isn't that what the OT is about--predicting it, and the NT?
Esp. Revelation??

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 07:54:18 PM »

I imagine that what the interview hand in mind by theocracy was government by representatives of God (priests, or whatever) [rather than by God]; and that this was the question Limbaugh was answering.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 10:17:06 AM »

We will eventually have a complete theocracy. At the Lord's second advent, He is going to put down all rebellion, even the preence of sin will be removed, and He will reign on earth from the throne of David in Jerusalem and we will rule and reign with Him.

The Jews will be restored as a nation, be the head and not the tail, and rule over the SHEEP nations that are saved out of the tribulation.

Heaven on earth= an eternal theocracy.

aw
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 03:29:14 PM »

Christ is in power now and has it all in heaven and earth. He is King ruling from the right side of God in heaven through the word delivered by the Holy Spirit and Christ HImself when on earth. When Christ comes again and all enemies have been conquered, the last being death, then Christ will relinquish all His power back to God and step down and also be subject to God as all His people.

The kingdom has been established. Paul said so, as did John.

Colossians 1:13.  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Revelation 1:9.  I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 2:12.  That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

1 Timothy 6:14.  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
 15.  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of Lords;

"who is", present tense

Acts 2:29.  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 30.  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
 31.  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
 32.  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
 33.  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the Promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
 34.  For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
 35.  Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36.  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
 23.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
 24.  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
 25.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
 26.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
 27.  For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
 28.  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Support your local Christian.
fcs25

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2003, 07:51:55 PM »

According to the Bible a theocracy is God perferred type of gov't and will be the kind that rules in eternity.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 08:34:34 PM »

To me, it doesn't really matter what kind of government we have because it will be what's prophesied to happen. All I know is that the closer we get to end times, the more the people will abandon the faith so I doubt a theocracy will be in the making.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 09:26:21 PM »

Christ is in power now and has it all in heaven and earth. He is King ruling from the right side of God in heaven through the word delivered by the Holy Spirit and Christ HImself when on earth. When Christ comes again and all enemies have been conquered, the last being death, then Christ will relinquish all His power back to God and step down and also be subject to God as all His people.

The kingdom has been established. Paul said so, as did John.

Colossians 1:13.  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Revelation 1:9.  I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 2:12.  That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

1 Timothy 6:14.  That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
 15.  Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of Lords;

"who is", present tense

Acts 2:29.  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
 30.  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
 31.  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
 32.  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
 33.  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the Promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
 34.  For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
 35.  Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36.  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:22.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
 23.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
 24.  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
 25.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
 26.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
 27.  For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
 28.  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

#####Just as long as we all know that Jesus Christ is God and there is no RANK with the Godhead.####
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 02:17:21 AM »

A theocracy by definition is a nation ruled by a religious body.  It has nothing to do with kings and such.  Italy and the vatican would be an example of theocracy(though some may protest).

the·oc·ra·cy
Pronunciation: thE-'ä-kr&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: Greek theokratia, from the- + -kratia -cracy
Date: 1622

1 : government of a state by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided

link

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 02:46:04 AM »

We have had throughout history only one theocracy, and only one intended theocracy - the nation of Israel.  That theocratic rule as such, ended when God permitted them to become a monarchy.  A theocracy is a God run nation.  Only Israel fits that role.  Unless my brother Jason now lends credence to Popeboy... Grin  I jest brother!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 03:08:22 AM »

Unfortunately biblical truth and secular thought do not converge on these things.  Many will tell you that even the middle east is a theocracy as it is ruled by the quran.  

I was strictly adhereing to the defination as posted.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 04:43:24 AM »

Most true.  But if you know anything about me and my posts, it is that I hold only to the biblical understanding of biblically related issues such as this.  But for your secular understanding I agree.  Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 05:07:07 AM »

Most true.  But if you know anything about me and my posts, it is that I hold only to the biblical understanding of biblically related issues such as this.  But for your secular understanding I agree.  Smiley

Yes I konw that's what you do however by reading symphs post, I don't see that your answer would hold water for them.

The reporter/radio person in question.  Most people would laugh at the idea that God rules anything on earth.   Cry

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 05:25:15 AM »

Sadly true brother.  Sadly true.   Cry Cry

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the