Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:52:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Athiests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Athiests  (Read 3544 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 09:22:30 AM »

Great thread!

As one pastor puts it, its easier to talk to God about men, that it is to talk to men, about God.

Mar 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

May God bless you and others here in your efforts to reach the lost. 

Blessings!

Amen 2T

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 06:11:20 PM »

Amen!  As Christians, we should witness to others and try to lead as many as possible to Jesus.  I must admit, I have not done my share.  I can recall a couple of years ago seeing a woman almost daily who was obviously a prostitute.  She would usually stand outside a gas station I frequented, and on many occasions I saw her either getting into men's cars, or being dropped off by men. One day I saw her standing in the parking lot and her face was extremely red as though she had been through the wringer.  My heart ached for her.  One day I passed her as I was leaving out the door, and something tugged at my heart to ask her if she knew Jesus.  I never said a word.  It haunted me for quite awhile, because I knew in my heart, if anyone needed the love of Jesus, it was her.

While in the dentist office recently I overheard a conversation and immediately knew the receptionist was considering suicide.  I felt compelled to interject, and began to speak with her.  She was not a Christian, but was open to learning about Jesus.  She told me she had never owned a Bible, and had never felt the need to believe in God.  She had recently lost her only child (19 year-old son) in a terrible car accident, and no longer had the will to live without him.  The driver of the car was drunk, so she also was feeling a great deal of anger and hatred toward him.  I asked if her son had accepted Christ, and to my surprise and joy, he had.  She said her son had asked Jesus to come into his life a few weeks prior to his death!

I had arrived early for my appointment which gave us plenty of time to chat.  Before I left, she told me that she was going to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.  I know the words I used were not mine, but inspired by the Holy Spirit.  I felt such joy.  I then also realized the true reason I had arrived so early for my appointment. 

I pray I will never again fail to witness to someone in need of salvation.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »

I pray I will never again fail to witness to someone in need of salvation.

Amen, That should be all of our prayer.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Revelation 3:15&16 (TNIV)

I know that sometimes it's hard to witness to people, espcially people who you care a lot about, but I think that if we would pray that God would just open up oppourtunities and strengthen us, it would be a lot easier.  That's what I have begun to do.  I have come to realize that there are a lot of Christians who really don't want to put themselves out there for God to use however he wants.  To me, that's where this verse comes in to play. 

People can only stay mad at you for so long.  But when it comes down to it, you need to ask yourself one question.  If he/she dies tomorrow and goes to hell, is it going to be because I didn't do my part? 

I almost gave up on my friend that I spoke of a while back, but when I ask myself that question, it makes me think.  What if the day I die God asks me, "Why didn't you try harder to reach him?"  There would be no good excuse then.  We have just got to get out there and start working hard.  We need to not only go to church, but get outside of the safety of 4 walls.  Basically, it comes down to becoming MORE than just lukewarm, which is definitely what we need to do. 

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »

I always pray that the Lord will give me the right words to say.  In Los Angeles where I live, we now have many people from  Muslim and Hindu countries....you don't even need to leave the USA these days, just come to Los Angeles!  Smiley  You can be an Ambassador for Christ right here!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:00:57 PM by Debp » Logged

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »

I pray about witnessing too.  Many times I pray for opportunities to witness to people.  But when I do, I pray that God will just give me the words to say and to give me strength to stand for Jesus.  I don't want to be responsible for someone not hearing the good news of Jesus Christ. 

[/quote]
In Los Angeles where I live, we now have many people from  Muslim and Hindu countries....you don't even need to leave the USA these days, just come to Los Angeles!  Smiley

I am blessed to live in the Bible belt.  Its not as bad around here, but the situation is no doubt getting worse. 

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 12:29:59 AM »

Amen to that...cause we seem to be loosening the belt all the time...

It is getting just as bad down here in the good ole South as it is anywhere.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »

We all need to pray for strength to stand up and stand out rather than sinking deeper and letting things go the way they are currently going.  Things are most definitely getting worse everywhere, including the good ole South as Brother Jerry said.  We see things happening all over the world and we know its bad.  But when you begin to see things worsening close to home, your prospective seems to change a lot.  I know that when I went from junior high to high school, I felt like I was in a totally different world.  Keep in mind that there is only one high school in our entire county.  I have seen and heard things in high school that I had never heard before, and to be honest, really don't care to hear again.  And then when I got a job and began dealing with the public, everything seemed worse.  The point is, I know that things right now are nothing like what they were when my grandfather was my age, or even my dad.  And I hate to see what my children will face some day.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 02:11:56 AM »

We all need to pray for strength to stand up and stand out rather than sinking deeper and letting things go the way they are currently going.  Things are most definitely getting worse everywhere, including the good ole South as Brother Jerry said.  We see things happening all over the world and we know its bad.  But when you begin to see things worsening close to home, your prospective seems to change a lot.  I know that when I went from junior high to high school, I felt like I was in a totally different world.  Keep in mind that there is only one high school in our entire county.  I have seen and heard things in high school that I had never heard before, and to be honest, really don't care to hear again.  And then when I got a job and began dealing with the public, everything seemed worse.  The point is, I know that things right now are nothing like what they were when my grandfather was my age, or even my dad.  And I hate to see what my children will face some day.

All we can do in the midst of evil is to keep our relationship with the Lord.  His presence and holiness will help to protect us.  I know you young people have it alot harder in the schools nowadays.  I pray for you to be helped and kept safe by the Lord.  Maybe if you see someone that seems nice and is struggling with that bad environment....maybe you can reach out to them in Christian love and help them?

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »

All we can do in the midst of evil is to keep our relationship with the Lord.  His presence and holiness will help to protect us.  I know you young people have it alot harder in the schools nowadays.  I pray for you to be helped and kept safe by the Lord.  Maybe if you see someone that seems nice and is struggling with that bad environment....maybe you can reach out to them in Christian love and help them?

Trust me, we need all the prayers that can be prayed!  Now in some places prayer is pretty much illegal in schools.  But, if students are willing its not as hard as it seems to spark up a Godly conversation.  One time last year I had a class with this girl who didn't seem to know the Lord.  One day she came into 4th period just crying her eyes out.  So I just wrote her a note during class and asked her what was wrong?  She informed me that a close friend had passed away in a car accident just a few hours earlier.  I simply wrote back and told her that I was going to pray for her  and her friend's family.  This one sentence started a whole conversation, and eventually the girl told me that she had asked Jesus into her heart.  The thing that makes witnessing the hardest, is that you don't see the results right then.  It may take months or years before someone actually confesses their sins and asks Jesus into their hearts.  I know I tend to try to hurry things along.  We just need to be more patient and plant all the seeds that we can.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »

Trust me, we need all the prayers that can be prayed!  Now in some places prayer is pretty much illegal in schools.  But, if students are willing its not as hard as it seems to spark up a Godly conversation.  One time last year I had a class with this girl who didn't seem to know the Lord.  One day she came into 4th period just crying her eyes out.  So I just wrote her a note during class and asked her what was wrong?  She informed me that a close friend had passed away in a car accident just a few hours earlier.  I simply wrote back and told her that I was going to pray for her  and her friend's family.  This one sentence started a whole conversation, and eventually the girl told me that she had asked Jesus into her heart.  The thing that makes witnessing the hardest, is that you don't see the results right then.  It may take months or years before someone actually confesses their sins and asks Jesus into their hearts.  I know I tend to try to hurry things along.  We just need to be more patient and plant all the seeds that we can.

God really used you when you reached out to that girl that was crying.....when we are sensitive to people's hurts and needs, this is often the time when God can reach their hearts.....they are more open to Him then.

You are right....we must be patient....we never know what God is doing in a person's heart.  Maybe they will eventually believe in Christ and we might never know it here on earth.  But the important thing is that they come to know Christ as their Savior, even if we never know it.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »

But the important thing is that they come to know Christ as their Savior, even if we never know it.

I completely agree.  It helps me to know that I am actually acomplishing something, but no matter what evidence we see in people, whether good or bad, we should be working just as hard for the Lord.

JustinD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2007, 06:17:56 AM »

I agree about the erosion of morality in the States. It's sad and, unfortunately, I don't think a major reversal of the situation is likely.

Flip on the television for a sample of what consitutes the average American's culture and realize it's an aboslute waste. Kids spend hours in front of their TV, which would be fine if they learned how to be moral from the shows they watch, but they don't! They're simply wasting their time with the powerful diversion that Satan created in the television.

The State of the U.S. just emboldens my hatred of Satan even more. To see what he's reduced the world to makes me very angry. And sad.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »

I agree about the erosion of morality in the States. It's sad and, unfortunately, I don't think a major reversal of the situation is likely.

Flip on the television for a sample of what consitutes the average American's culture and realize it's an aboslute waste. Kids spend hours in front of their TV, which would be fine if they learned how to be moral from the shows they watch, but they don't! They're simply wasting their time with the powerful diversion that Satan created in the television.

The State of the U.S. just emboldens my hatred of Satan even more. To see what he's reduced the world to makes me very angry. And sad.

Well, the Bible does say times like this will come.  People are choosing sides....the wheat and the chaff.  Just keep living your life in Christ....God will take care of it all in time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the