Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Athiests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Athiests  (Read 3545 times)
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »

I didn't grow up in the good-ole'-days, but I can tell you that I am still growing up, and in today's world its very hard to grow up and stand for Christ all at the same time.  I have shared previously on here and in my testimony that I have answered the call to be a missionary.  Well, until about last week, I had pictured myself more as a foreign missionary.  But now, after I read some of the things that I saw about these athiests and their thoughts, I realize that we need missionaries here just as bad as overseas.  It never hit me until I read some of those articles that I found.  I am scared for the people that I go to school with who don't know Jesus and are unchurched.  I know that its hard for me to stand against all of the temptations that I am faced with.  I know its got to be super hard for people who don't have the Holy Spirit within them saying "this is just satan". 

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 12:39:55 AM »

Hello MJC,

I just wanted to mention a couple of Christian Youth organizations that I think are doing a wonderful work in our country:

Campus Crusade for Christ
The Navigators

Sister, I'm sure there are many other outstanding organizations that work with our own young people, but these stand out in my mind. Their mission field is the colleges and universities of our country. They also do considerable work off campus in many settings, but one of the goals appears to be forming an Army of our best young Christians to serve RIGHT HERE AT HOME. I must also mention that the Navigators are International, and they work all over the world, so there would be an opportunity to work in foreign countries with a strong sponsor if that's what you feel led to do. This was just an idea that I wanted to mention. Both organizations are very old and respected, and they both have excellent training programs.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:10-14 NASB  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 02:34:33 AM »

A wonderful read through the posts.

And I even mentioned today in my SS Class.  How it is my generation (Born in 67) which seems to be leading the charge in many of thes things.  Now our parents were part of the free spirited revolution of the 60's and 70's.  And where personal freedoms became the growing thing.  We have continued the heritage our parents gave us and pushed for more personal freedom and less and less personal responsibility. 

I know alot of this started off in the late 50's but was brought up and to a peak many times during the 60's and the war in Vietnam was used as an excuse.  Which is what is happening again with the Gulf war.  And look at the spread of Islam even here in the United States.  All in the name of personal freedom and religious tolerance.

MJC I commend you for being called to the mission field.  And praise to God for giving you the heart for that.  I pray that He will continue to lead you in the field where He needs you best. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »

A wonderful read through the posts.

MJC I commend you for being called to the mission field.  And praise to God for giving you the heart for that.  I pray that He will continue to lead you in the field where He needs you best. 

AMEN, I too commend you sister, and I will keep you in my prayers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 10:20:06 AM »

AMEN, I too commend you sister, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »

Amen!
I met some cult people  from "athiest" , all of them don't understand or misunderstood about God words. They just hate us because we stood they way.

Oh boy, You should see forums that I visited.
There is no reason for me or us to hate them, they just people like us, but blinded fool.

Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »

As the mother of a teenager, I often reflect on the "good ole days" when I was a kid.  It saddens me that my son has never had the freedoms I enjoyed.  I was a Brownie and my older brother was a Cub Scout.  We attended summer camp, roasted marshmellows and lived in cabins in the woods.  We had so much fun.  I have never allowed my son to join the Scouts due to fear of him being molested by a pedophile.  I remember riding my bike with my friends and going quite a distance from home, without a care in the world.  At 4 and 5, I used to walk to kindergarten with three friends.  We had quite a distance to walk.  There was no thought of be abducted by a child predator.  During the summer, a group of us kids used to sleep outside on our porches.  Today, parents are afraid to allow their children to play in their own yard without adult supervision.  How truly sad it is.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
sjoara

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 08:38:59 PM »

Like I tell my husband, there are NO athiests in hell today!!

GOD IS MY DEFENCE, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »

As the mother of a teenager, I often reflect on the "good ole days" when I was a kid.  It saddens me that my son has never had the freedoms I enjoyed.  I was a Brownie and my older brother was a Cub Scout.  We attended summer camp, roasted marshmellows and lived in cabins in the woods.  We had so much fun.  I have never allowed my son to join the Scouts due to fear of him being molested by a pedophile.  I remember riding my bike with my friends and going quite a distance from home, without a care in the world.  At 4 and 5, I used to walk to kindergarten with three friends.  We had quite a distance to walk.  There was no thought of be abducted by a child predator.  During the summer, a group of us kids used to sleep outside on our porches.  Today, parents are afraid to allow their children to play in their own yard without adult supervision.  How truly sad it is.

The "good old days" I remember:  We never heard of divorce.....when a neighbor's son had a divorce, it was truly shocking!!  We never heard about murders or other crime.  We kids would run around the neighborhood playing, riding our bikes, going to the neighborhood's small store for ice cream bars, walked to/from elementary school alone and later took the bus to/from high school, "trick or treated" the whole length of our street getting candy from each house (which we ate with no fear).....I even would take the bus into downtown alone when I was only about 11 years old.  It was wonderful!!  I am so sorry that children today have to grow up with such knowledge of evil in order to protect themselves, and am sorry they deal with bad peer pressure.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »

Like I tell my husband, there are NO athiests in hell today!!

I couldn't agree more.  I was just talking with a person who was at one time my best friend.  Now we hardly talk and I am saved and he's very far from it.  We were talking about hell and heaven.  He doesn't think he's going to hell but he doesn't really believe in God either.  That is so contradictory!  I'm trying to witness to him but he doesn't want to here it.  I'm praying that God would just open his heart and mind so he will take hold of something I am trying to tell him.  He's just one of the many people, high school students, that I know that are just as lost as the day is long and don't even realize it!  This is such a bad situation!

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 01:27:55 AM »

I couldn't agree more.  I was just talking with a person who was at one time my best friend.  Now we hardly talk and I am saved and he's very far from it.  We were talking about hell and heaven.  He doesn't think he's going to hell but he doesn't really believe in God either.  That is so contradictory!  I'm trying to witness to him but he doesn't want to here it.  I'm praying that God would just open his heart and mind so he will take hold of something I am trying to tell him.  He's just one of the many people, high school students, that I know that are just as lost as the day is long and don't even realize it!  This is such a bad situation!

Sometimes when people reject or don't want to listen to the Gospel, you just have to give them some time (after you have shared it with them) and just live your Christian life before them.  When they see your life and peace in Christ, this can have a big impact on them.  And, of course, the Holy Spirit is able to speak to their hearts as well.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 09:41:27 PM »

It seems like he just ignores me.  I think he might be starting to come around though.  I got an e-mail from him a few minutes ago.  He's wanting to talk about church and stuff from what I gathered.  That makes me feel really good because I feel like I'm doing my job as a Christian.  It's one thing to witness to a friend or aquaintance, but when it's someone that you really know and care a lot about its a totally different story.  Its so much harder.  I hope that God will just soften the hearts of people who don't know him and that they will just listen to what we have to say.  Please pray for my friend.

mJc

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »

It seems like he just ignores me.  I think he might be starting to come around though.  I got an e-mail from him a few minutes ago.  He's wanting to talk about church and stuff from what I gathered.  That makes me feel really good because I feel like I'm doing my job as a Christian.  It's one thing to witness to a friend or aquaintance, but when it's someone that you really know and care a lot about its a totally different story.  Its so much harder.  I hope that God will just soften the hearts of people who don't know him and that they will just listen to what we have to say.  Please pray for my friend.

mJc

That's good to hear he emailed you and wants to talk.  Just talk in a natural way and explain if he has questions, etc.  I find if you aren't "pushy" with people, but just natural and sincere with them, that they are more open.

And, yes, we will pray for him and all hearts to become more open to the Good News of Christ.

mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »

I am trying to be as natural as possible without just screaming "THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!"  I want to just make him and everyone else believe and see the light!  I know that I can't just scream at them though.  This is just so important but so hard to get people to understand at the same time.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 09:15:02 AM »

Great thread!

mississippi_jesus_chic, your burden for the lost strikes a chord with me.  I praise God that He is raising young men and women such as yourself and others in this thread to mission work right here in the USA.

I saw a story recently that did a study, and found that roughly only 2% of believers share their faith on a daily basis.   2 percent!!!  Huh  Cry

I fear that the Church in America has lost her way.   Not on a whole mind you, but in large part.   Sadly, many sit back and pray for a sovereign move of God for revival, and never put legs to their prayers, by going out and sharing the gospel.   As one pastor puts it, its easier to talk to God about men, that it is to talk to men, about God.

I know this has been a real burden on my heart as well.   Its amazing how many doors God opens up for witnessing when you are actively looking and praying for opportunities.   Not only friends and family, but complete strangers too.

Mar 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

May God bless you and others here in your efforts to reach the lost. 

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the