Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I really need help and prayer...and so does my friend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I really need help and prayer...and so does my friend  (Read 11645 times)
Greg F

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 05:35:12 AM »

Be patient as well.  If he's going to Church . . . and enjoying it . . . that's wonderful.  Praise God.
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:44:18 AM »

yes indeed!!! i totally agree with you there...i am also a leader of the youth group at my church and he is really interested in coming and helping out there too so yea wonders never cease...

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
Greg F

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 06:49:14 AM »

If he's going to Church and getting involved in the youth group, I'd pray before introducing anything else at this point, let the Spirit work with him and be happy and pray for him, and let the Spirit guide you as well in helping him.  The power of my friend's witness to me about his getting up early and reading the Bible was that it was offhand and easy, not pressure, and not something that he even directly recommended that I do.  He presented it as something that gave him joy.  It worked for me! Your witness is your witness, and what gives you joy is more powerful than what other people say you should say!
Tolorah

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 07:38:48 AM »

True enough...i have never believed in pushing faith down peoples throats....generally they pick up on you and how you live your life. So i think for the time being i will just do that...lead by example and if he asks questions then ill answer but hes not stupid - he can see whats different...

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 02:50:07 PM »

Hello Tolorah,

Sister, please remember that some of the best things in this life don't happen immediately or quickly. Sister, it sounds like GOD is working, and I give thanks.

I was just reading your signature line,
"A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor."
This is SO true. I'm still praying for you and your friend. Situations like this are also good for you. Your strength in CHRIST will increase with situations like this. Opportunities like this will also give you experience in helping others. CHRIST working in and through us is a wonderful feeling, and this is the best addiction in existence.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 03:28:30 PM »

Hi...

Isn't it wonderful to give one the gift of life for a birthday present?...I thank God that he has given you the burden for your friend as well as He has given You encouragement in your own life...The Word of God is amazing...for it reaches what we cannot...The Holy Spirit gives you the opportunity and may the Holy Spirit give you more opportunities as He guides you to go and tell...and give you boldness in your witness...

Sincerely,

Maryjane
def
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »

Hi...

Isn't it wonderful to give one the gift of life for a birthday present?...I thank God that he has given you the burden for your friend as well as He has given You encouragement in your own life...The Word of God is amazing...for it reaches what we cannot...The Holy Spirit gives you the opportunity and may the Holy Spirit give you more opportunities as He guides you to go and tell...and give you boldness in your witness...

Sincerely,

Maryjane
yes ,Maryjane let us all go together.in our own way that God has given to us.I have seen someone with no arms no legs and look at me through the tube and said God loves you and He is bigger then your problem if you Love God with all your heart and you want to serve Him in your bed under your sheets immobile you can move the world for God in Jesus Christ who gives us power to move the earth and mountains through prayer! prayer! prayer!..Maryjane , my hand is in your hand and mine is in Christ or the other way around ,but you see we know that he is in God my! my !my !.love in Jesus.Def
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:25:10 PM by def » Logged
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 01:24:48 PM »

Have added you to my prayer list. It sounds like you are being a good supportive friend. Sometimes we think we are not going anywhere in our faith, that we are lost, or misguided in the direction we should be going. I think most Christians feel that way at one time or another in their lives. I hear your deep desire to help your friend and it might be God has placed you in the right time at the right place to help your friend in his recovery to know the loving mercy of our Lord and Saviour. Have patience and  continue in prayer  and thanksgiving in praising God, and things will work out.  God Bless You.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the