Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286828 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Top Secret American Military Installations in Israel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Secret American Military Installations in Israel  (Read 1044 times)
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:08:41 PM »

ARUTZ 7 Jewish Publication

A new book by an American military journalist and commentator reveals the extent of the US military presence on Israeli soil.

“Code Names,” by William M. Arkin, exposes information about at least five US Army bases at secret locations throughout the Jewish State, including one at Ben Gurion Airport and another in Herzliya Pituah. The book also provides a long list of code names describing joint military operations between Israel and America.

Arkin is an independent journalist and military commentator for NBC and a former intelligence analyst for US ground forces. A front-page story in “The New York Times,” based on one of the book’s revelations has given the book broad publicity and granted it wide legitimacy.

Late Republican Senator Jesse Helms used to call Israel “America’s aircraft carrier in the Middle East,” when explaining why the US viewed Israel as such a strategic ally, saying that the military foothold in the region offered by the Jewish State alone justified the military aid that the US grants Israel every year. The new revelations also act to weaken the argument for Israeli policy decisions based on "American pressure."

Arkin claims that the officially "non-existent" sites across Israel contain $500 million worth of ammunition the United States keeps in Israel for wartime contingencies. The bases, called Sites 51, 53, 54, 55 and 56 don't appear on any maps and their specific locations are classified and highly sensitive.

“It's not just munitions,” Arkin wrote in the Washington Post before the release of his book. “The United States has ‘prepositioned’ vehicles, military equipment, even a 500-bed hospital, for US Marines, Special Forces, and Air Force fighter and bomber aircraft at at least six sites in Israel, all part of what is antiseptically described as ‘US-Israel strategic cooperation.’"

Israel is not the only country in the region to host US military bases, though. There are American military facilities in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and the Gulf states, as well.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 12:47:29 PM »

Not Top Secret anymore are they. Security leaks are the worst thing that can happen to our Military.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 05:29:05 PM »

Not Top Secret anymore are they. Security leaks are the worst thing that can happen to our Military.

Pastor Roger,

I agree completely. I was just reflecting on many news stories that I viewed as very dangerous for our Armed Forces. Some of the stories made me stop and say, "DUH?? - let's give our enemies details about what units are going where and what capabilities they have." I believe in a free press, but I also believe that they have a responsibility in what they publish that might endanger our troops. I don't want that news, even from my son on the Nimitz. I don't want any news that could hurt him or his mates.

Sulfurdolphin,

That information about Israel doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I would expect much more. I think that Israel represents a stabilizing influence in an area of the world that will remain a powder keg, ready to blow up at any minute. Who knows what would have happened without Israel there. Those who study Bible prophecy will quickly agree that Israel will be the focus for the entire world in the last days of this age and the Tribulation Period. Those who study the Holy Bible know what happens to those who will come against Israel. We should also know there are blessings for those who stand with Israel. The earth will be ruled from Jerusalem:

First, by the Antichrist during the last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation Period (Jacob's Trouble - the Great Tribulation).

Second, by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF for 1,000 years from the Throne of David at the end of the Tribulation Period.

There will be terror and horror beyond imagination in the years to come. Our Lord and Saviour will be coming for us soon. I pray that we fight the good fight to our last day in this short life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 32:10  Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the