Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Debate Area
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Should Christians Unite have a debate area?
Yes - same as always. - 4 (30.8%)
Yes - only with changes. - 6 (46.2%)
No - it's only trouble. - 0 (0%)
No - it doesn't glorify God. - 2 (15.4%)
Other - please specify. - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Debate Area  (Read 5562 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:00:19 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

There have been a few discussions on this topic in various areas of the forum. Some of the new folks may not know that we've had a war here for the last 8 months. I do hope and pray that it is finally over.

I would really appreciate it if everyone would participate in this poll and let everyone know what your thoughts and feelings are about having a debate area or not having a debate area on Christians Unite. I put a "Other - Please Specify" choice for those who don't like any of the choices.

It would also be nice for everyone to make a post here and let your wishes be known.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:28:54 AM »

My vote is keep it, with some of the changes that were brought up in the other thread.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 06:09:18 AM »

My vote is keep it, with some of the changes that were brought up in the other thread.

Ditto

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 08:59:03 PM »

Ditto

Gracey
I second that "ditto."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 10:34:30 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Well, it looks like 100%. so far, want to keep the debate area and the vast majority wants to use some of the ideas already proposed. I would like to leave the poll open for a few more days, but I will start on a proposal for ADMIN based on recommended changes you have already made.

I will post it for discussion before doing anything else.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 11:24:29 PM »

I just saw this thread!  Yes a  debate area.  Just a big yes.

Goodness some Christians need to get thicker skins some need to be nicer.  I am a preachers kid we got kicked from all sides.  

If a person doesn't like the debate thread, be a grown up and dont read it. Sure folks can get hot headed, big deal taking a stand and HOLDING to it is better then giving in and being a  coward.

As a orthodox preterist i am out numbered here big time. If i cant stand the heat i am free to click the button and go, no one is holding me here.

We are grown ups and not every place we go, not every church, or  denomination, or forum will have everything in it  to our liking.  Goodness I have been in great AofG meetings and been in really bad AofG meetings.  We may like this priest or pastor better then the other.

Putting the Tide box away Reba

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 03:47:36 AM »

I just saw this thread!  Yes a  debate area.  Just a big yes.

Goodness some Christians need to get thicker skins some need to be nicer.  I am a preachers kid we got kicked from all sides.  

If a person doesn't like the debate thread, be a grown up and dont read it. Sure folks can get hot headed, big deal taking a stand and HOLDING to it is better then giving in and being a  coward.

As a orthodox preterist i am out numbered here big time. If i cant stand the heat i am free to click the button and go, no one is holding me here.

We are grown ups and not every place we go, not every church, or  denomination, or forum will have everything in it  to our liking.  Goodness I have been in great AofG meetings and been in really bad AofG meetings.  We may like this priest or pastor better then the other.

Putting the Tide box away Reba

I think it would be fair if certain rules did not apply to us PK's since we are so thick skinned.   We should be allowed to pick on one another unceassingly in an effort to wear each other down by attrition....lol

Drawing first blood, I would first like to say that Reba is JUST WRONG......ALL WRONG!!! But you go girl!   Cheesy

Just messing with ya Reba Wink  .  I hope heaven does have a special corner for us PK's

Grace and Peace!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 03:52:47 AM »

Oh yeah...did anyone like the idea of renaming the Debate forum to something more imposing?

I still like....

THE LORDS COURT (present your case before the Lord).

To me it just sounds like a place where you would need watch your P's and Q's in, as opposed to Debate area, where hunting season is open 24/7 and arguing is expected to be seen as it is on other boards.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 03:53:09 AM »

Question: Should Christians Unite have a debate area?

Yes - same as always.

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 02:30:14 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Sister Reba,

From one PK to another PK, I'm baffled and befuzzled  Cheesy  by something in one of your posts, "Orthodox AofG". I've got a bunch of friends that attend several churches here, and I've never heard of or met an "Orthodox AofG". I'm not making fun, I just don't have a clue what that means. I guess that's one reason why I don't like man's labels and tags, as they usually mean so many things to different people. To me, Orthodox means Eastern Orthodox Christian, associated with tons of ceremonies, rituals, and objects. So, could you tell me what that means?

Of course, we're just now thinking about electricity and indoor plumbing in my neck of the woods. Billy Bob and Bubba Sue are agin' it, so it may be awhile.   Grin  In case you're wondering, "befuzzled" appears only in a Top Secret OKIE Dictionary, so I can't tell you about that.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 10:03:41 AM »

From one PK to another PK, I'm baffled and befuzzled  Cheesy  by something in one of your posts, "Orthodox AofG". I've got a bunch of friends that attend several churches here, and I've never heard of or met an "Orthodox AofG". I'm not making fun, I just don't have a clue what that means. I guess that's one reason why I don't like man's labels and tags, as they usually mean so many things to different people. To me, Orthodox means Eastern Orthodox Christian, associated with tons of ceremonies, rituals, and objects. So, could you tell me what that means?

Of course, we're just now thinking about electricity and indoor plumbing in my neck of the woods. Billy Bob and Bubba Sue are agin' it, so it may be awhile.   Grin  In case you're wondering, "befuzzled" appears only in a Top Secret OKIE Dictionary, so I can't tell you about that.

Love In Christ,
Tom
I dont like labels and tags myself and befuzzled is a word i fully understand  Grin
 Read my post again Mr. Bepster  Tongue
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 10:58:36 AM »

Love In Christ,
Tom
I dont like labels and tags myself and befuzzled is a word i fully understand  Grin
 Read my post again Mr. Bepster  Tongue

LOL!  ...just a wild guess but AofG would stand for Assemblies of God yes?  Cheesy

poor befuzzled peas ...you must live AWAY back in hillbilly country..further than me even Tongue

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 02:51:34 PM »

I must have been asleep when I read your post and replied. Please accept my apology. Billy Bob and Bubba Sue read my post and kicked me out of the OKIE Choir.   Cheesy  In case you are wondering, coyotes take care of the high notes.

I have my coffee, and I'm awake now. Here's my perfect opportunity to also say that discussions about the tribulation period should have nothing to do with fellowship among brothers and sisters in Christ. SO:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 03:33:04 PM »

Smiley
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 05:43:49 PM »

Here's my perfect opportunity to also say that discussions about the tribulation period should have nothing to do with fellowship among brothers and sisters in Christ. SO:

Tom

BEP, can I take that to mean trib talk should have no bearing on fellowship, or no place in fellowship?   I'm pretty sure you meant the prior, but just wanted to clarify that  Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the