Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Asking permission before Attending other churches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asking permission before Attending other churches  (Read 5557 times)
servant512

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Praise God brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus!

1]Why is it that we have to ask permission from our Pastor before attending other churches?
2]Are we not freely allowed to attend other churches with the same teaching but different church name?

God bless!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:25:59 PM by servant512 » Logged

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 10:33  But whosoever  shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

You don't need permission. It is your choice.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »

There are some churches that do require their members to ask the pastor for permission before attending another church. It is not right as far as I'm concerned either.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 10:03:28 PM »

Why would you want to visit other churches and not be in your own church? Are you dissatisfied with your church and looking for another one? In that case you don't need permission to look for another church. Of course, you don't need permission to visit another church anyway--unless you signed a paper saying you would never do that. I don't sign contracts with churches.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »

I don't ask any member to ask permission, if they want to attend another Church. Those few that have attended another, have come back to God's Church.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »

I do not see the need to ask permission to go visit other Brothers and Sisters .. we are one family!   A Pastor who requires you to get permission must have control issues or lacks self confidence. Just my opinion.

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »

God should be directing our paths, not man. For that reason, it makes no sense to me why you would need permission to visit another Church.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »

God should be directing our paths, not man. For that reason, it makes no sense to me why you would need permission to visit another Church.

Love in Christ, Eva

Amen Sister Eva!

I think you really said it all, and I don't think this question could be answered in a better way. After all, we belong to HIM ALONE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 121:7-8 NASB
The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in From this time forth and forever.

servant512

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »

Thank you my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.

You added enlightenment on me.
At least I know how to handle this issue in the future.

God bless!

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 10:33  But whosoever  shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

Our pastor encourages us to visit other churches on occasion to see what they are doing and to keep in contact with other believers, but few actually do.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

WE are the Church!
Most of us are Spiritual Stones, Some are Pillars, Peter is the Foundation(rock),The Lord is the Cornerstone...
This IS the Church(Bride) that our Lord will Rapture!
ALL others will have to prove their Love to God by NOT taking the mark of the Beast...
I know you've read the part that says:
Upon you(Peter) shall I Build MY Church...
Our Catholic Brothers know this, But they made a wrong turn somewhere...
I call no man Father or Rabbi, I have but one Father & one Master!
Church(the Building) is for the gathering of likeminded people to fellowship & pray at...
Your Loving Brother Duane
P.S
Theirs alot of Scripture that backs this up...
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »

WE are the Church!
Most of us are Spiritual Stones, Some are Pillars, Peter is the Foundation(rock),The Lord is the Cornerstone...
This IS the Church(Bride) that our Lord will Rapture!
ALL others will have to prove their Love to God by NOT taking the mark of the Beast...

I call no man Father or Rabbi, I have but one Father & one Master!
Church(the Building) is for the gathering of likeminded people to fellowship & pray at...
Your Loving Brother Duane
P.S
Theirs alot of Scripture that backs this up...

I agree, there is much scripture to back it up too.

Love in Christ, Eva

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:44 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Careful study of many portions of Scripture will lead to an even more beautiful TRUTH. Take a hard look - you'll see it - and it will add to your Strength in CHRIST.

JESUS CHRIST was talking about Peter's Faith in HIM, not Peter. As we know, Peter denied CHRIST three times within hours of the crucifixion. "Peter" in the ancient languages meant "Small Stone", not "Rock". JESUS CHRIST is the "Rock", the "Foundation", and the "Chief Cornerstone". Faith in JESUS CHRIST was the foundation and was the means to build the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. Faith is how we become members of the BODY OF CHRIST.

It was never CHRIST'S intention to exalt any man, and this makes me happy because all men fail. JESUS CHRIST never fails. The FOUNDATION is ROCK SOLID, sure, and Eternal. Our purpose is to glorify GOD, not ourselves or men. This is another problem many people of all generations have. Peter did go on to Glorify GOD and he was killed in that purpose.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 3:22-26 NASB
But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »

blackeyedpea:

Thank you so much for your insight and correction.  I am always in search of the entire truth as revealed thorough God's Word.

Love in Christ, Eva

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »

blackeyedpea:

Thank you so much for your insight and correction.  I am always in search of the entire truth as revealed thorough God's Word.

Love in Christ, Eva

Good Morning Sister Eva!

You are most welcome. One of our main purposes here is to strengthen and encourage each other in GOD'S WORD. It's a continual matter of prayer about how to best please and Glorify GOD, and that would be for all Christians every day. Many of us have decided that the full-strength GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD is one of the best ways to do that. It's still the most powerful and precious message on this earth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:14-17 NASB
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'" For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the