Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Family...a lot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family...a lot  (Read 871 times)
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:26:02 PM »

Hello again Smiley

I haven't been around much lately...so much going on.  We rec'd custody of my stepson, my daughter was in the hospital w/ chest pains due and DKA about a month and a half ago...then she had her arm broken by a boy at the skating rink almost 2 weeks ago...and then got an ear infection(she's the diabetic)...my son's asthma was out of control...
Then...Thursday(6 days ago) my husband (a chef) was walking w/ a pot of veal stock and his chef coat caught on the walkin door and he was burnt down his right bicep, forearm and foot.  His foot took the worst of it, and has since developed cellulitis(on top of 2nd and 3rd degree burns)...and they are having me do the wound care and IV therapy here at home(workman's comp)...they had to put a PICC line in him today for the IV therapy...and his pain is still horrid(I know burns are bad)...and yet we still see the doc's and nurses at infectious diseases every week.  He was the only one who worked in the house b/c my daughters diabetes is so unpredictable(seizures, etc)...and NOBODY wants to watch her...so he doesn't even get sick/personal pay at all and neither he nor I have insurance...so no cash coming in right now...w/ 4 kids to feed...and his doc appt.'s...actually, 2 different docs and a nurse)...and he can't drive...so I'm stuck driving him...I know something will come along....

On top of that, which, I know is a good thing...my aunt is finished suffering and went home to the Lord on 9/11....she held out a LOOONG time, but we are so thankful that her suffering is over(it got really bad at the end)....well, the last 2 weeks she was in a coma, but b/f that, for about 3 weeks she was in TOTAL pain....broken shoulders, ribs, collar bone, hips, femur, wrist and tumors all over.  She NEVER once waivered in her faith though...praise the Lord up until she couldn't speak(or we couldn't hear her, I'm sure she did, her mouth would move and she'd smile a lot while in the coma)...

Plus, we've been through Charley and Frances...Charley hit the worst 30 miles south of us.  We lost power and everything w/ both, but are blessed to still have our home and lives.  I feel horrible for those who lost anything and everything, and now w/ Ivan...all those who will and are being affected.  

OK, I've taken up too much time...

Please pray for my aunts family...her husband and her sons and grandchildren, the rest of us and her friends...we're so happy for her, yet sad to see her go....and for my daughter and husband that their wounds heal well....and all those dealing w/ Ivan and the remnants of Charley and Frances....

Thanks so much and God bless!!!

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 05:44:36 PM »

Lord, I pray Your continued protection and favor fall heavily upon this family. In Jesus name... let it be done! Amen

Deke

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 12:35:42 AM »

!!!

a lot of distress, pain and burdens you and your family have to carry. Praying for all the problems. Sometimes it just seems so chaotic that so many misfortunes can fall at once. I'd say just forget about that and remember that God is in control of every that happens. Even the devil has to obey God.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the