Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:31:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello, I am Ellen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, I am Ellen  (Read 1109 times)
ves1952

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:12:23 PM »

Hi, I am Ellen and I live in north east Georgia. I  am a home maker and have been married, soon to be 38 years to a wonderful husband, who truly seeks God's heart. I am so thankful for this, as my Christain walk has always been a struggle, and my husband's influence on my life and the way he has set an example before me has made me also seek God's heart. I love the Lord and so many times I have fought against His teaching me and maturing me as a Christain through trials.   In the end of the trial I find I have learned SO Much and am so grateful for the struggle. (Although I don't want to go around that mountain again Cheesy) Now, I just ask Jesus to help me learn quickly what He is trying to teach and  if He  needs for me to be tested for awhile then give me the strength and wisdom to endure.
My husband and I are just coming (hopefully) out of a trial that has had us both puzzled. We think it could have been a satanic attack, but it has made us draw even closer to Jesus.

O.k. now to who I am. I am a retired hairdresser. I am 54 years old with mutiple health issues. That is why I retired early. My husband and I were wondering how in the world we were going to make it on one income, but find that because we have been faithful with our tithing He has provided for us even more so after I "retired." If any of you wonder or are afraid to tithe don't be, be more afraid of NOT tithing. God is true to his word, He will provide for you abundantly. My grandmother told my husband when we were first married that He as head of household should honor the Lord with tithe and his family will never have to worry. People you can NEVER outgive the Lord. You would not believe how Jesus will take care of His own, or maybe you do!!!!!

We have three grown children and 4 grandchildren. Three of my grandchildren live on the other side of the state and it is hard for us to see them, but we see them as often as we can. One of my grandchildren lives  here in the town where we live and it sure is wonderful to not work and be a "granny."

My husband works for a medical company who makes medical equipment for surgeons. We both love animals, outdoor living, the country, gardening, and our church. We have three horses, and three dogs.  I love the spring when God's beauty is all around. He paints us such a beautiful portrait, doesn't He?  I love sewing, quilting, canning, crafts, and children. I work with the children at our church. They are the light of my life.  Babies to preteen, then I have to admit I am lost, so fortunately there are others who can relate to those teenage years.   Huh

That is about all. Hope it wasn't too boring.
Ellen
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Hi Ellen, Welcome to Christians Unite.

I don't consider your post boring in the least. It is indeed a wonderful testimony.

We have a number of us here that have health problems that has caused us to retire early and a number of us that are grandparents. I am one of those.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts and to have some wonderful fellowship in the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ves1952

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:41:49 PM »

Thank you for the welcome Pastor Roger. I am totally glad to be here and to meet other Christains. I see you even have a ladies forum so I think I'll  "walk" over there and meet a new friend or two. Cheesy

Ellen
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:32 AM »

Hello Ellen, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »

Hi Ellen, welcome to CU  Cheesy
It is wonderful to have you with us.

Hi, I am Ellen and I live in north east Georgia. I  am a home maker and have been married, soon to be 38 years to a wonderful husband, who truly seeks God's heart. I am so thankful for this, as my Christain walk has always been a struggle, and my husband's influence on my life and the way he has set an example before me has made me also seek God's heart.

Ellen I love your testimony usually it's the wife who sets an example for the husband in a Christian walk.

You are blessed to have a husband who loves the Lord. I thank God that my husband too loves the Lord and walks a Christian walk. But it wasn't always that way. It took many years of my praying and many trials for me to face, But God is faithful. He answers prayers.

Ellen, I was forced to retire when I was 50, I was retired for 3 weeks then my doctor put in papers for me and I am now disabled. I too have multiple health issues which I battle with everyday. But I thank God, because in spite of all my health problems, I am still alive, I have been disabled for 8 years now. I am a grandmother of 14, I have raised my 4 children and for 8 years now I have been raising my husband's 2 daughters, I've had them longer than their biological mom has so I consider them mine. They are 14 and 15. I thank God for them because they are a lot of help to me when I can't get around. They are good children and I have raised them in the fear of the Lord.  Wink . I guess I should look forward to becoming a grandma again in about 10 years or so.  Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ves1952

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »

Hello airtam2worship,
Please forgive if I have put a t where an f or a l should be in your name. These eyes are not so good anymore. I just have started the process of applying for disability. I tried and tried to go back to work, but it just is not going to happen. Also, I think the Lord wanted me to learn to depend on him more and be home which I have never done in the 37.75 years I have been married. Trust has always been a big issue with me and slowly but surely the walls have been torn down in my life. Here was one more wall that needed to be torn down, and it was the thickest of all.

So glad to meet you and I hope to converse with you again sometime. Where do you usually post?

Ellen
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »

Hello airtam2worship,
Please forgive if I have put a t where an f or a l should be in your name. These eyes are not so good anymore. I just have started the process of applying for disability. I tried and tried to go back to work, but it just is not going to happen. Also, I think the Lord wanted me to learn to depend on him more and be home which I have never done in the 37.75 years I have been married. Trust has always been a big issue with me and slowly but surely the walls have been torn down in my life. Here was one more wall that needed to be torn down, and it was the thickest of all.

So glad to meet you and I hope to converse with you again sometime. Where do you usually post?

Ellen

No need to forgive, just call me Maria, I usually post all over.   Grin

My eyes are not so good either. I thank God that I never had to apply for disability, my neurologist took care of all of that for me, he even gave me a slip so I could get a handicapped tag for the car. I never had to do anything. He has been my Neurologist since I became disabled and now I live 2 and a half hours from his office. I had an appointment with him on Friday, and I must say he has shown me favor, (I thank God) he had another patient before me, but he had his nurse come out and get me and take me right back before I even finished signing in, the secretary came to the back to finish signing me in. It is worth traveling the 2 and a half hours to see him.

I look forward to reading your posts as well and fellowshipping with you more. I know that I am unemployable, so I just make jewelry from home and I do surveys, they help out when we need a little extra cash. There are always ways to do things when we trust God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

Hello Ellen... welcome to the foruim.... nice to meet you.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the