Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286824 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is it wrong to wear pants?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it wrong to wear pants?  (Read 1731 times)
hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:22:53 PM »

In Deuteronomy 22:5 it says  "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this."
Does that mean for crossdressers or does this mean that God doesn't want women to wear pants and only dresses or skirts? Are pants only man's clothing? I'm really confused about that scripture! Please help!
Should women only wear skirts?
Thanks =)
God Bless!

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:43:01 PM »

I believe it was talking about women who try to be men.  In those days women only wore dresses, but things are different today.
In many ways pants are more modist then dresses.  I wear pants because I walk with a cane and my legs and feet swell, which makes wearing hosery very uncomfortable.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
WaitingOnGod

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 02:31:58 PM »

I have to agree with TexasGrandma on this one.

I believe the bible was talking about the intent of the clothing. Many still believe pants to be only a men's clothing item, but as of today both sexes wear this item (in different cuts) and are accepted as their intended gender. Just as in those days both men and women wore "dresses" in different colors and were accepted as their gender. There is  always a difference.

Saying that wearing pants is sinful is like saying that wearing a T-shirt is also sinful. In that both male and female wear this item which has historically been worn by only men.

I also have to add that this scripture is an old testament scripture; meaning that it is of the "law". In that same chapter(I believe) it also talks about stoneing to death a  rebellious child or an unwed mother.

These rules don't apply for today because  as christians we believe christ destroyed the law as it was. Now we live under the law of grace and truth.
BlessedX2

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 04:59:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Jesus didn't come to get rid of the law but to fufill it.... Huh

When ever anyone has asked me about wearing pants I tell them that I don't wear dresses because that's  what men wore in that day Grin
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 09:53:55 PM »

I believe the scripture was written for cross-dressers.  I believe that God detests men that masquerade as women and vice versa.  Correct me, pastor, if I'm wrong on this.  I know I have to wear pants - I'm an amputee and in no way trying to look masculine (blouses, scarves and hats are definitely feminine in my book).  I suggest that you feel comfortable and like the lady you are in a pair of pants; just don't forget to wear pearls!  Wink

Blessings-
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 09:56:18 PM by TalkerCat » Logged

WaitingOnGod

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
John 1:16-18

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Galatians 2:15-17

hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 09:27:36 PM »

Thanks so much TalkerCat... and everyone else...that really helped alot =).
I realize that to God he looks past appearances and looks straight in the heart. I know God wants me to dress in a way that honors Him and reflects His glory. Wether I'm wearing a dress.. pants... t-shirt... or even a bunch of rags I know he still loves me for me, cause thats the way he created me =D.
Thanks everyone!
God Bless you all

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the