Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286821 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What do you think?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 4316 times)
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2004, 08:05:33 PM »

Well, "good men and good women" can certainly make a difference.

My letter of complaint against this "defining of marriage" in my province is only one letter....little good it may do. But if every christian who is against this sends in one little letter, each one of those grains of discontent can build into a mountain.

If we only had a "mustard seed" of faith, what could we do with that mountain?

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2004, 08:33:25 PM »

My letter of complaint against this "defining of marriage" in my province is only one letter....little good it may do. But if every christian who is against this sends in one little letter, each one of those grains of discontent can build into a mountain.

Gracey

Well Gracey....We could move that mountain.... Smiley

You have a pleasant manner about you. I see no animosity in your words....There is a Great difference in righteous justice and contemptuous disarray...

*Quote*...On the front of the shirt, I printed in giant letters HOMOSEXUALITY  IS  A  SIN  Underneath that I put, Choose Life, Repent, Change and God Loves You in various places.
On the back of the shirt I wrote GAY ‘MARRIAGE’ WILL NEVER BE LEGAL IN GOD’S EYES  -  NEVER  EVER        WAKE  UP
I varied the sizes of the lettering for effect and  colored in some of the letters in the colors of the rainbow and drew a couple of those on there as well.

Then I wore my shirt to some busy places. and into busy stores (without a coat over it!) From people’s response so far, I would say it is a success. Jaws drop...EndQuote*

I see nothing good coming from Wearing a T-Shirt exclaiming our beliefs into a crowd of possible volatile people,*One Way Or The Other*..I believe it would cause more grief than good...Like running up and whacking someone with a bible, IMO it would have a similar reprocusion..Have a Good One..!

My prayers are with you Wink Pale
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 08:44:23 PM by PaleRider » Logged

"Do You Feel The Fire"
PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2004, 08:59:30 PM »

I'm going to elaborate on this somewhat, as to the aggression factor.. Smiley

Reba, this is the very first comment you made to me on this board. I came in here speaking of my Chrisitanity, showed a picture of my Home, explaining that I keep it clean as my wife is working and I am off for a cpl of months. I then went into a bit of my music ministry to illustrate a question that Whitehorse had asked me..Etc Etc!!

Again I say to you..You neither welcomed me, nor did you say anything other than this...

This  MUST be a lie, or you are a very sick person.... no   ones computer desk is this neat.....

Reba..We will know each other by our spirit,works and the fruit we bear by our Lord...

I believe Wisdom and Knowledge to be the best offence toward any unrighteous situation, not aggression..

Thanks Reba Smiley Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Reba
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2004, 09:13:14 PM »

Sorry i offended you Pale. I was totally impressed by our home.  Very neat and clean.

Had you greated me as i did you i would have completey understood.   The pictures are there anyone can see the place is neat as a pin.  Maybe it is a touchy subject for you please dont judge the others here by me  most often i am the odd man out.
PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2004, 09:16:15 PM »

Sorry i offended you Pale. I was totally impressed by our home.  Very neat and clean.

Had you greated me as i did you i would have completey understood.   The pictures are there anyone can see the place is neat as a pin.  Maybe it is a touchy subject for you please dont judge the others here by me  most often i am the odd man out.

I never judge anyone, their own actions judge.

Lord Bless Reba....

Nice meeting all of you folks, I'll be leaving now Smiley Pale
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 09:16:45 PM by PaleRider » Logged

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Reba
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2004, 09:31:16 PM »

This  MUST be a lie, or you are a very sick person.... no  ones computer desk is this neat.....

LOL!!...Well thanks for the Welcome there Reba  

I don't know about being much of a liar...I will tell you that our whole house is pretty much the same shape..Very neat here I guess..??...Smiley Pale

These were just taken especially for you..Wink

Oh Ya Reba  

I've had to shrink the pics here, so the family room looks alot smaller than it actually is...LOL

Maybe you should show me a pic of your PC...I can help you get it straightened out  P  

Very nice you have children?  

Reba...LOL!!

No thanks, we have a beautiful home...Yes as *I Said* in my earlier post in this thread I have 2 Daughters  Pale

Kids and that neat?  whoa  something is amiss.....

Welcome Pale i hope you find your stay here pleasent.  

LOL...Nothing Amiss in my life...Or are you talking about yours  Thanks for the welcome  Pale  

I skipped one is said something about my house being for sale ......  Our more complete exchange is a bit different then you hint at.

Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 06:28:02 AM »

I'm wondering where in scripture you're getting this from. Regarding the theocracy, I'm not understanding how you're making the connection between fulfilling The Great Commission and re-establishing a theocracy.

I do not understand how you connect fulfilling the great commission with removing human laws? Preaching the gospel of works perhaps?

How is that removing human, God-appointed leaders from their positions? *shrug* That isn't happening. If you look at Kings and Chronicles, God is assessing each leader, that is, king, according to whether or not he fulfilled His will, or whether he led the nation inot sin and judgment. But if you're thinking that's specific to Israel, there are numerous references to God judging other nations that were not His chosen. Moab, Egypt...it's all in there.

We're not God. Why are we trying to take His place?

Moreover, we cannot sit by and allow sin to be legalized. If God's Holy Spirit is in us, that Spirit is exactly that-Holy. We become enraged at things that enrage God, and a deep love for what He loves. So we fight sin tooth and nail.

So why didn't Jesus do just that? Or Paul, or Peter, or any of the apostles?

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2004, 08:34:51 AM »

Had you greated me as i did you i would have completey understood.  The pictures are there anyone can see the place is neat as a pin.  Maybe it is a touchy subject for you please dont judge the others here by me  most often i am the odd man out.

Very gracious, Reba! I had read the referred to post and I took it to be a joke. Tongue-in-cheek..... Actually, I laughed! Wink So I wouldn't have judged it to be aggressive or unrighteous.... But you showed much character by following up with an apology!

Lord Bless Reba....

Nice meeting all of you folks, I'll be leaving now  Pale

Sorry you didn't decide to stick around long enough to not judge more after you actually got to know the people here better!

But this is a good point:
That says a lot  Wink

Reba
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2004, 09:08:22 AM »

Gracey

AMEN                                 AMEN                              AMEN
Reba
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2004, 09:18:03 AM »

sincereheart,

Thank you for the kind words. My heart will smile today!

PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2004, 10:20:50 AM »

Very gracious, Reba! I had read the referred to post and I took it to be a joke. Tongue-in-cheek..... Actually, I laughed! Wink So I wouldn't have judged it to be aggressive or unrighteous....

But this is a good point:
That says a lot  Wink

Well, I don't know you nor do I choose to know you. I've seen enough here that discernment be my guide.

I would expect being called a Liar or Mentally Ill in a secular forum, yet hardly the type of Welcome I would expect from a Christian Forum!

Sincere Heart, you may coat the situation with any manner of *Joke/Fun* that you like, hardly the type of salutation I would want anyone I know to project......But!!...That's you're perogative Smiley

Lord Bless Smiley Pale

PS...Quite possibly Reba has learned a lesson from this, for the next New Member that dawns this site...All we can do is hope Wink
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 10:22:50 AM by PaleRider » Logged

"Do You Feel The Fire"
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2004, 10:33:46 AM »

You know Pale..... It's a strange thing to walk into someone's home and try to 'get' what's going on. Most will try to welcome you by jumping right in and being playful, the way that had been; as if you're a member of the family. But if you're too quick to jump to conclusions (we don't want to say 'judging', now do we?) then you might just jump to the wrong conclusion.  Smiley Personally, I prefer when I'm not treated as a 'guest'....

PS...Quite possibly Reba has learned a lesson from this, for the next New Member that dawns this site...All we can do is hope

Let's hope that YOU have learned something! So as you jump from site to site we can hope that YOU learn to take enough time to get to know posters before YOU jump to a conclusion (i.e. judge). Don't walk into another's home and try to tell them how you should be welcomed!

But then again, that's not what's really bothering you, is it? I'd take a guess that it has to do with the general consensus on something else.... Lips Sealed

PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2004, 10:43:47 AM »

You know Pale..... It's a strange thing to walk into someone's home and try to 'get' what's going on. Most will try to welcome you by jumping right in and being playful, the way that had been; as if you're a member of the family. But if you're too quick to jump to conclusions (we don't want to say 'judging', now do we?) then you might just jump to the wrong conclusion.  Smiley Personally, I prefer when I'm not treated as a 'guest'....

PS...Quite possibly Reba has learned a lesson from this, for the next New Member that dawns this site...All we can do is hope

Let's hope that YOU have learned something! So as you jump from site to site we can hope that YOU learn to take enough time to get to know posters before YOU jump to a conclusion (i.e. judge). Don't walk into another's home and try to tell them how you should be welcomed!

But then again, that's not what's really bothering you, is it? I'd take a guess that it has to do with the general consensus on something else.... Lips Sealed

Well your Consensus would be part of your mindset I suggest, whatever that may be Smiley

Again I say, being called a Liar or Crazy as a first time welcoming is not acceptable behaviour...I would not advise my Children to do it, nor do I advise others to do it, yet it seems by your non-chalante' attitude towards the matter that you might and do share this type of advice...*Quite Obviously*..

I have learned nothing from this incident that I do not already know....I pray you have learned also, *This Manner Of Speech and Welcome* is not an acceptable comment for any Christian to offer...If you believe it is, as I said before *That Is Your Peorgative*...Not The Lords Works Wink Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »

Not The Lords Works

You may want to double check that!  Wink

Reba apologized to you.  

All the other little jabs and jibes you've taken at me have probably scarred me for life; but I'll try to get by!  Wink

PaleRider

Bound By Conviction

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2004, 05:50:28 PM »

Not The Lords Works

You may want to double check that!  Wink

Reba apologized to you.  

All the other little jabs and jibes you've taken at me have probably scarred me for life; but I'll try to get by!  Wink

No little Jabs or Jibes there Sincere Heart...

You would have shown wisdom in just replying the *Fact* that the welcome which I received is not one that is accustomed to Christian Offering...Instead you seem to just abuse the situation by showing your lack of knowledge...

Please continue though, there are a few interested parties here that are as eager as myself to see what might come out of your thoughts next...

The situation as such, should never have happened. Apologizing to me or anyone who might have to feel that the issue is acceptable is not the point here..The point is, I'm very certain Reba will with caution and insight approach the next newcomer be that Aged or Not So Aged Christian..

Do yourself a favor here Sincere, don't type anymore candy coating, you're embarrassing yourself...As for me, it's not that important, once this issue is completed, as I said, I'll be leaving  Smiley Pale

"Do You Feel The Fire"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the