Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286822 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Truth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Truth  (Read 4754 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2003, 04:52:36 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

All seven of our current names for days of the week are each dedicated to a different pagan god. If one checks into why the days are called Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you will find the pagan roots of the day and the god or goddess that day is dedicated to. However, if a Christian gets up each morning and worships Almighty God instead, it's a moot issue. Some might be convicted to change the name of the day because of the known links to the devil, and I would say that's fine if they are convicted to do so.

Pilgrim, I don't make light of your message about Christmas, but I celebrate Jesus every day. I celebrate Jesus on all seven days of the week, not the pagan gods they were named for. I choose not to give the devil recognition or glory on a single one of the 365 days each year. All 365 days are simply another day the Almighty God has made, and all will be done to HIS GLORY in worship of HIM. There is no day or hour that belongs to the devil. If there was such a day or hour, I would worship Almighty God on that day and hour.

As far as I'm concerned Mon-Sun, Christmas, Easter, and all other days belong to Christ, and I worship Christ on those days. If the devil feels that he owns any of those days, I doubt he would appreciate what many Christians do on those days. I feel convicted to worship Christ on those days and will continue to do so. I don't think the name of the day makes a difference, rather what you do with that day. With Christmas, the GIFTS are blessings from God, and the day is dedicated to HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Now that is TRUTH

Thank you Brother BEP

and AMEN!!!

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2003, 08:16:27 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

First, you are most welcome Brother Love. I feel convicted to say more on this subject, certainly not for argument or debate.

I read about the great debates recognizing Christmas as an official holiday in each state of America. Pilgrim, my Brother, much of what you mentioned was a part of the debate. I may get the dates wrong, but I think that I'm correct. The first state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was in 1870. The last state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was Oklahoma, and they approved it in 1892 after 22 years of debate.

So, what did we do with Christmas? We do Birth of Christ Plays, sing Carols and Hymns, pray, have worship services, and all kinds of things the devil can't stand. Much of what Christians do at Christmas has been recently banned. The first things to go were the manger scenes on public property, the Carols and Hymns in public schools, etc., etc. There have been many legal battles fought, I assume, over what the devil doesn't like. It has been announced recently that the ACLU is now fighting to remove the name Christmas and replace it with winter holidays. As a general rule, the ACLU represents the devil in my mind. Just why is it that the ACLU wants the name Christmas removed as the name of a recognized or official holiday? Do you suppose it would be some concern that would be good for Almighty God, or would you consider what they do for the devil?

The ACLU battled the people in my back yard for 20 years over the Christ of the Wichita's and the annual Passion Play on a wildlife refuge owned by the Federal Government. The ACLU lost the battle. The irony is that the Passion Play is done at Easter, a pagan holiday. However, the question is whether or not Almighty God is honored, glorified, and worshiped with the play. If the ACLU thought it needed to go, it was time to consider again if the play was being done to honor Almighty God. We determined it was and decided to fight. They also wanted to remove our Holy City and Christ of the Wichita's. We know the city isn't Holy, but it is used for the play. There is also a very old and beautiful church that had to go. Worship services had actually been held and are being held for decades on Federal property. The ACLU lost and they need to lose some more.

Pilgrim, my Brother, I don't make light of anything you had to say about Christmas. I would simply ask if Almighty God is pleased with what we do or don't do at Christmas or on any other day. As an individual, I would say that the devil hates the way we do Christmas. It's just another day of worship for us.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 08:40:22 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2003, 01:52:11 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

First, you are most welcome Brother Love. I feel convicted to say more on this subject, certainly not for argument or debate.

I read about the great debates recognizing Christmas as an official holiday in each state of America. Pilgrim, my Brother, much of what you mentioned was a part of the debate. I may get the dates wrong, but I think that I'm correct. The first state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was in 1870. The last state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday was Oklahoma, and they approved it in 1892 after 22 years of debate.

So, what did we do with Christmas? We do Birth of Christ Plays, sing Carols and Hymns, pray, have worship services, and all kinds of things the devil can't stand. Much of what Christians do at Christmas has been recently banned. The first things to go were the manger scenes on public property, the Carols and Hymns in public schools, etc., etc. There have been many legal battles fought, I assume, over what the devil doesn't like. It has been announced recently that the ACLU is now fighting to remove the name Christmas and replace it with winter holidays. As a general rule, the ACLU represents the devil in my mind. Just why is it that the ACLU wants the name Christmas removed as the name of a recognized or official holiday? Do you suppose it would be some concern that would be good for Almighty God, or would you consider what they do for the devil?

The ACLU battled the people in my back yard for 20 years over the Christ of the Wichita's and the annual Passion Play on a wildlife refuge owned by the Federal Government. The ACLU lost the battle. The irony is that the Passion Play is done at Easter, a pagan holiday. However, the question is whether or not Almighty God is honored, glorified, and worshiped with the play. If the ACLU thought it needed to go, it was time to consider again if the play was being done to honor Almighty God. We determined it was and decided to fight. They also wanted to remove our Holy City and Christ of the Wichita's. We know the city isn't Holy, but it is used for the play. There is also a very old and beautiful church that had to go. Worship services had actually been held and are being held for decades on Federal property. The ACLU lost and they need to lose some more.

Pilgrim, my Brother, I don't make light of anything you had to say about Christmas. I would simply ask if Almighty God is pleased with what we do or don't do at Christmas or on any other day. As an individual, I would say that the devil hates the way we do Christmas. It's just another day of worship for us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Some more truth, keep preaching Brother

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Malificent

Trying to understand...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2003, 06:57:05 PM »

True that Blackeyed!

And Tibby I have a question myself:  If you think we should stop using the English language, then why are you still using it?

Smiley

...oO0Oo...MaLiFiCeNt...oO0Oo...
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2003, 11:34:34 PM »

I don't, Pilgrim thinks we should stop using the English language. Christmas, Halloween, and the English language all come from Pagan culture, and he doesn't believe we should use things based in pagan culture. Smiley

I'm fine with Christmas, Halloween, English, my birthday, "traditional" weddings, potlucks, democracy, Martial Arts, and other things founded in Pagan cultures. Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the