Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:52:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Dreamworld is real.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dreamworld is real.  (Read 1443 times)
matt707

The best defense is AWARENESS.

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2004, 02:01:04 PM »

The Dreamworld is real.

PAY ATTENTION to your dreaming.

The Dreamworld is real.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 03:09:12 PM »

The Dreamworld is real.

Are you trying to tell me something about my nick? Grin

Oh by the way matt707, welcome to Christians Unite forums.

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 10:01:40 PM »

Hi matt. Warm greetings.

I assume that you wanted to start a thread on dreams. I have found most of my dreams fascinating but most of the time...I forget what it is. It sounds like you are trying to give us some advice. I would like to know more.

You say that the dreamworld is real. Ok...that does not really give us enough to support why we should pay attention to our dreams. You have to have something better than that.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 02:47:18 AM by felix102 » Logged
peachykeen

No, I really AM a llama

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 11:53:17 AM »

Being the psycological being that I am, I definatly pay attention and analyze the menings of my dreams.  I have found that my dreams usually circle around a summary of my day or week, or even a certain memory I have of the past.  My dreams often contain certain images that I remember more than others, no matter how peculiar they may be.  For example, I once walked into my den at my house to see my dad flipping through channels on the tv, and I got a quick glimpse of a zebra from the discovery channel.  No more than a 3 second glimpse, and yet, that night, I had a dream about it.  Of course, the obvious question is, did someone want me to remember this for a reason?  I think that all of our dreams have patterns, just like our day has patterns (like going to the bathroom after lunch everyday, or closing a pantry door in your house before you go to sleep), which is why we get that pre-destined or psycic feeling when we dream about something, and then they happen.  Just like every human has a continuous emotional series of troughs and peaks, so do we in our physical everyday lives.  Even though we don't often notice it, we are all moving to the barely-audible rhythm of time.  That's why I think our dreams are kind of like a way for our minds to skip ahead a few measures because we've got a sense of the tempo.  So do I think our dreams are real?  Yes, I think they are because it is our subconcious' way of telling our concious mind that we do hear the rhythm of time, and we're just to caught up in the chaotic symphony to hear the repitious tempo.  
I hope I somehow got my point across, lol.  Welcome Matt, God Bless,
peachykeen

Do not be decieved,Wormwood.Our cause is never more in danger than when a human,no longer desiring,but still intending to do God's will,looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished,and asks why he has been forsaken,and still obeys.-CS Lewis,Screwtape
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 02:12:39 AM »

Good explanation peachykeen! I have found the whole concept of dreaming, for me, to be very fascinating. One aspect of dreaming that captures my curiosity is how strongly it can affect our emotions. When I have dreams I can feel very angry, scared, happy, sad, or powerful. I feel these emotions to a greater extent than in real life. So I question how can something from my own mind (imagination) have created such a strong emotion at a greater magnitude than from some external stimuli (for instance someone making fun of me or me on a roller coaster).

This thought lead me, one day, to record my dreams. I look back at it....and it has absolutely no meaning...yet. Eventually I just gave up on recording them. I still enjoy dreaming though.  Grin
Pixie

LLPHPG ~ Live Long, Play Hard, Praise God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:11:45 PM »

???Does anyone else think that God talks to you through your dreams. Maybe sending someone you've lost into your dreams to give you a message??? Almost a year ago, this happend to me!! It was kind of odd, especially when a friend of mine had the same dream, in her own prospective!!!

Peachykeen, if I tell you my dream do you think you could analyze it???

Until,
   Claudia
aka Pixie
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 06:12:09 AM »

???Does anyone else think that God talks to you through your dreams. Maybe sending someone you've lost into your dreams to give you a message??? Almost a year ago, this happend to me!! It was kind of odd, especially when a friend of mine had the same dream, in her own prospective!!!

Peachykeen, if I tell you my dream do you think you could analyze it???

Yes, I believe God does speak to us through dreams. But (this is a big "but") one must be very careful to understand and know the difference between the "stuff of our minds" and the communication of God. It's not an easy thing.

Also, I don't believe that all dreams have meaning....the stuff of our minds creates an incredible about of floatsam in our subconcious .... some dreams are just the clearing of the processor, so to speak.

For me (personally), when God does speak to me through a dream, I know it....absolutely know it. There is a difference between that type of dream and my normal dreams...

I'm not sure about "sending someone you've lost into your dreams to give you a message".....if God wants to speak to you through your dreams, he doesn't need to do that and I would be rather careful about that.

Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
smartinez1984

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 02:42:22 PM »

When one says they believe God still speaks to us in dreams there must be an underlying purpose for Him doing so:

What is this purpose?

For new revelation? For personal enlightment? To warn of an impending danger? Etc?

God has already given us his completed Word through Jesus, true? If so, then why would he still need to visit us in our dreams?

I agree, there is a danger is attempting to find God in our dreams, in visions, in signs, in wonders... He's already told us how to find him...

God Bless,

-Samson
Sulfurdolphin

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 11:43:50 AM »

Matt707 when you mention the dream world is real are you talking about LUCID DREAMING OR DREAMS THAT GOD GIVES MANKIND?

Michael
Tuomoko

In Yeshua I got my salvation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 11:27:19 AM »

The Lord called me to himself through a dream so I have to say that dreamworld is real Tongue  The next morning i woke up, I was converted! Hallelujah! And believe me when I say that I was the last one to expect that lol

But now, thinking of it I'm not surprised at all anymore.

Of course, as stated above, one has to be super-careful of interpreting whether it is from God or just product of our own mind. (OR from the Enemy!)

I guess, people just 'know' it when it's from God. But we are easily deceivable, so that those dreams should always be tested with the Bible.
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »

I believe that dreams are normal functions of the brain, but sometimes God can come into them. Be careful though when you have a dream. We are warned against demons looking like angels, who tell us lies and such. Take every thought captive.

-Aiden-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the