Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHAT SHALL BE THE SIGN?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT SHALL BE THE SIGN?  (Read 1916 times)
teddybear
« on: August 13, 2003, 08:21:42 AM »

We are indebted to the disciples for asking Jesus the crucial question What will be the sign of Your coming,and of the end of the age? In His answer our Lord unfolded several significant signs that will characterize life on earth just before His return.We believe some of these signs already have been fulfilled and that the time of the end could well be soon,even within our generation.

It is important to notice the first two warnings Jesus gave His disciples (and us) in Matthew 24;4-26).

1.Take heed that no one deceives you.For many will come in my name,saying,I am Christ,and will deceive many.

2.You will hear of wars and rumors of wars.
Let's consider both of these warnings,starting with the first one.

1.The sign of deception.
Take heed that no one deceives you.(24;4).
For many will come in My name,saying,I am the Christ,and will deceive many.(24;5).
Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many (24;11).
Then if anyone says to you,Look,here is the Christ! or There!do not believe it (24;23).
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive,if possible,even the elect (24;24).

God Bless.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:17:32 PM »

NO Signs for the Rapture Grin

The signs you posted are for those who are left behind, and are seeing those signs before Christ comes back on earth.

"Grace & Peace"

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 03:48:27 PM »

We are indebted to the disciples for asking Jesus the crucial question What will be the sign of Your coming,and of the end of the age? In His answer our Lord unfolded several significant signs that will characterize life on earth just before His return.We believe some of these signs already have been fulfilled and that the time of the end could well be soon,even within our generation.

It is important to notice the first two warnings Jesus gave His disciples (and us) in Matthew 24;4-26).

1.Take heed that no one deceives you.For many will come in my name,saying,I am Christ,and will deceive many.

Hi Teddy, (John here)
Deception surely is RAMPANT! Are you familair with the word  Plagiarise? Stealing another's material that is the Masters Words on a given Bible subject. See Jeremiah 23:30.

Then they pass themself's off as Christian with more deception! (that of no law) This has even been exposed here on this forum by another.

It looks like the 'end' is in the making for these ones seen in Matt. 7's 'broad' way, huh?
Very interesting post, thanks! I like the prophesy from 2 Tim. 3:1-5 & verse 5 in particular for our Master WARNING TO US!---J/t/B/

1.The sign of deception.
For many will come in My name,saying,I am the Christ,and will deceive many.(24;5).
Then if anyone says to you,Look,here is the Christ! or There!do not believe it (24;23).
For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive,if possible,even the elect (24;24).

God Bless.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 03:55:18 PM »

Hi Teddy, (John here)
Deception surely is RAMPANT! Are you familair with the word  Plagiarise? Stealing another's material that is the Masters Words on a given Bible subject. See Jeremiah 23:30.

Then they pass themself's off as Christian with more deception! (that of no law) This has even been exposed here on this forum by another.

It looks like the 'end' is in the making for these ones seen in Matt. 7's 'broad' way, huh?
Very interesting post, thanks! I like the prophesy from 2 Tim. 3:1-5 & verse 5 in particular for our Master WARNING TO US!---J/t/B/

1.The sign of deception.

God Bless.

Just for you John Boy Grin

Salvation is for eternity. Once your saved you can not lose your salvation. Otherwise it wouldn't be salvation but probation . Rom 5:21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Also this:
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom. 16:17).

P.S. John Boy you have been marked Grin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 07:39:40 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 11:25:24 PM »

Well A4C at least your version reflects classical DF *thinking. But it wreaks havoc on all those millions of  pre-millennial Israel watchers.

Either the 'clock of prophecy' stopped and the church age is a parenthetical age,and no intervening events are occuring, waiting for the 'rapture' to remove the church and start the ticking again. Or, its all a bunch of nonsesne and the loudest defenders have by 'seeking a sign' exposed the leaky white underbelly of the DF thinker in the pew. Poor guy doesnt know that the proof for his any moment rapture is directly contrary to the existence of any 'signs'.  And the gold is in the 'signs' as Hal and Tim well know.

It's kinda like that wobboly spiral in the begining of the Twilight Zone

Take care

Hitch

* Even no less a classical DF than  Dr, Walvoord himself abandoned the 'stopped clock'...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 10:40:11 AM »

doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Lips Sealed
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 01:51:09 AM »

hey symph you missed a doo.   Wink

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 02:01:45 AM »

I'm sooo happy that we always disagree with eachother on this forum Sad

Even the signs themselves are debated and 'refuted'

To me it sounds like a bunch of religious clergy babbling in the thin air whilst we live the day and age that has been prophecied over and over again.

In dutch we say "sukkels" for such occasions....  

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
John the Baptist
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 07:29:46 AM »

IN THE WORD OF GOD IT IS DESCRIBED AS THE CONFUSSED LANGUAGE OF THE TOWER OF BABYLON BUILDERS, HUH? Cry
See Rev. 17:5's Great Babylon builders!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 04:59:24 PM »

IN THE WORD OF GOD IT IS DESCRIBED AS THE CONFUSSED LANGUAGE OF THE TOWER OF BABYLON BUILDERS, HUH? Cry
See Rev. 17:5's Great Babylon builders!

Your Famous John

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the