Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Daily Inspirational
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Inspirational  (Read 22735 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2003, 04:45:12 AM »

FROM EXPOUNDER TO EXPONENT

"Now we have received...the Spirit who is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Corinthians 2:12).

The Holy Spirit ministers the truth of the Word via the mind, that we may share the One who is Truth via the heart.

"If you do not know the Bible as the very Word of God, all is lost! Where have you learned anything from the Lord distinctly,  but where every counter influence was in-admissible---in the sacred enclosure of His own Word and Presence, where nothing to qualify what He says can exist?"

"I must not only be an expounder of the truth, but an exponent of it. There should be the sense, I have learned that word for myself.  It is not just being able to describe it, or to put it in correct dispensational order; but having that word for myself from the Spirit."

"The mistake with many saints in the present day is that they think because they can de-scribe a truth, that therefore they have learn-ed it. When a truth is really accepted, the conscience demands that there should be accordance with it."

"The Scriptures tell me what the Father gives me, but they do not give it to me.  The Spirit applies the Word to me in it's divine meaning, and then I possess what Scripture tells me is mine through God's grace.  For instance, the Word tells me that if I behold the Lord's glory I shall be transformed.  It doesn't transform me, however clearly I may see what it states.  It communicates to me a very great thing, but it is the Spirit who makes it experiential to me." ---J.B.S.

"Changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."  (2 Corinthians 3:18)

MILES J. STANFORD
=================================
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

E-Mail GracentheTruth@aol.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2003, 10:02:08 AM »

RECEPTION AND RESISTANCE

"For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works" (Hebrews 4:10).

Besides the rest of reception, there is also the rest of resistance.  Any time there is effort involved in the matter of resisting sin, we can be sure that we are depending to some extent upon the flesh, instead of resting in the finish-ed work of the Cross.

"The question is 'How are we to meet sin?' 'Reckon yourselves dead unto sin.'  The moment that you begin to fight with it ---no matter how resolutely you may struggle against it --- that moment you begin to exper-ience sin as your master.  For it is then that we forsake our true position, which is one of freedom from sin as a master.

"Let it be remembered we are to fight 'the good fight of faith' which consists of resting in our position of freedom, and not in obtain-ing that position.  We are to fight not for it, but from it.  He alone has obtained it.  It is our Father's free gift.  Let us be fully abiding in the One who is Life, and sin when it acts, will find us dead to it."---E.H.

"Calvary is the secret of it all.  It is what the Lord Jesus did there that counts, and what He did becomes a growing force in the life of the believer when it is seen, and rested in by faith.  This is the starting point from which all godly living must take rise.  We shall never know the fact of the Lord Jesus' victory in our lives until we are prepared to count upon His work on the Cross as the source of our personal freedom from the dominion of sin and the FLESH within.  There is no liberty for us that was not first His.  The beginning of spiritual growth is faith in that fact."

"Stand fast, therefore, in the liberty with which Christ hath made us free" (Galatians 5:1).

MILES J. STANFORD
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Posted By Ambassador For Christ For Brother Love

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2003, 05:01:57 AM »

UNOBJECTIONABLE OBJECT

"That...the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him (Christ)" (Ephesians 1:17).

The object of the Christian life is that we may center in the Object of the Father --- His Be-loved Son.

"If we go on with the Father, sweet as is the assurance that we belong to Him, yet the uppermost thought will in the long run be Himself.  We shall come back to His Person.  We shall in our praises weave with them what
the Lord Jesus has done, suffered, and won for us; but the primary thought in our hearts is, not what we have gained, however true, but what He has been for us and what He is for us, yes, what He is in Himself." ---J.B.S.

"There is usually only occupation with the Lord Jesus for the relief of the conscience, and if so, where does it stop?  It stops when the relief is gained.  But if He is the object of the heart, you will never be satisfied but in fellowship with Him where He is."

"I know of no arguments, and I am acquaint-ed with no power, that will move the heart to devotedness except the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Himself and His love.  It is poss-ible to read books by the score, and to listen to the most faithful and blessed ministry for years on end, and yet never know the Lord Jesus as a present loving Object in heavenly glory.  It is nigh impossible to see and know Him there by faith without a resulting intense desire to be wholly devoted to Him here." --- C.A.C.

"We have a new Person before us as the Object of our faith and affections; and as we drop ourselves and have the Lord Jesus as our Object, He is formed in us.  What has been judicially accomplished at the Cross has its fruition by the Spirit in our souls, and it is by that principle that we grow." --- C.A.C.

"For it pleased the Father that in Him (Christ) should all fullness dwell" (Colossians 1:19).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2003, 04:59:53 AM »

SPIRIT-TAUGHT AND SPIRIT-WROUGHT

"Hath made us alive together with Christ" (Ephesians 2:5).

If we fail to rely upon the Holy Spirit for the practical day-by-day realization of the ident-ification truths, we will fall short of Romans 8, and find ourselves bound in the struggle of Romans 7.

"If some of you who have been the Lord's for a long time cast a glance over your past history, you will be able to recall occasions when He spoke and you obeyed instantly.  But you can recall other occasions when He spoke and you failed to respond; yet strange-ly, after a time you just found yourself in the way of obedience.

Such is the fruit of the Holy Spirit's govern-ment in our lives.  Even if we are totally unable to obey and cannot even exercise faith, a day comes when the resistance has vanished and we are trusting the Lord Jesus in simplicity of heart.  It is the tireless energy of the indwelling Spirit that has accomplish-ed this.

Our union with the Lord Jesus is a union of life.  We were raised with Him, we are made alive in Him.  True, our bodies are to be changed, and those who have died in Christ are to be raised as to their bodies, but now we are raised with and are made alive in Him.

The trouble is that many are not aware of this wonderful fact and  position; all of it seems so far away and unreal.  If we will believe God's Word and begin to thank Him for the truths that He tells us, the Holy Spirit will ere long begin to make these truths living realities in our lives." ---L.L.L.

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2003, 05:02:31 AM »

EXPERIENCING GOD'S BEST

Psa 26:3  For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

Some of the requirements to experiencing God's best include:
. An open and willing heart --
Before you can experience the blessings of God, you must be open to His love and will for your life. He takes great joy in blessing those who love Him. Ask  and   you  shall receive were the words Jesus spoke to His disciples.

Being open to God's blessings does not mean just being open to receive something good from Him. It means being willing to receive whatever He sends your way. And in some cases, He may send something that you did not wish to receive. However, you can be sure that every gift is ultimately good and sent from a loving Father who has your best interest in mind.

. Obedience--This is a key to receiving and enjoying the goodness of God. Many times the obedience that we exercise is not notice-able to others, but God knows. When we take a step forward in obedience, the Lord always sends His blessings our way.

. The Ability to dream--God wants us to look forward to His blessings. When we lose the ability to dream and think on the good-ness of God, something inside of us dies. No matter how small your dream for the future appears, refuse to let go of it. Allow God to reshape it if necessary, but always believe in His loving ability to supply answers to your hopes and dreams.  

Author Unknown

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2003, 05:56:27 AM »

"GRACE AND MERCY"

But my God shall supply all your need accord-ing to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).

If and when the trial comes, you will find Him waiting there.

"We should always be prepared for circum-stances that will arise, and for blessings that are to come, without foreseeing what the circumstances and blessings will be.  This preparation consists in attention to present
responsibility, and acceptance of present discipline.

"If day by day we first seek divine direction, and then follow it, we shall be ready, when new circumstances arise, for the new bless-ings which will be offered.  Today should be preparation for tomorrow.  The only proof that we shall be equal to tomorrow's test is that we are meeting today's test believingly and courageously.  The only evidence that we shall be willing for God's will tomorrow is that we are subject to His will today." ---WGS.

"Our Lord has special reserves of grace for special needs.  If ever you feel that you could not go through a certain trial, that if you had to face that, you just could not go through with it, you are taking on something that you have no right to take on.

"If the Lord calls you to go through fire or water, He has a special reserve of grace for you in that.  And that grace will be from the throne of grace.  It is the throne above, medi-ating  grace for need and suffering  as it is required." ---T.A-S.

"Let us...come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2003, 12:55:14 PM »

GOD'S  SOLUTION IS ALWAYS BEST

SOLVING PROBLEMS THROUGH PRAYER ,,,,,,,,2 CHRONICLES 20

JEHOSHAPHAT HAD ADMONISHED ISRAEL TO RETURN TO THE LORD, REMINDING A REBEL-LIOUS NATION OF THE GOD WHO HAD FREED IT FROM BONDAGE IN EGYPT AND SUSTAINED IT THROUGH MUCH ADVERSITY.  THEN CAME THE REPORT THAT THREE  TRIBES WERE MOUNTING AN ATTACK ON ISRAEL.

JEHOSHAPHAT'S RESPONSE WAS A GODLY EXAMPLE NOT ONLY FOR ISRAEL BUT ALSO FOR US TODAY. THE KING'S FIRST ACT WAS TO IMMEDIATELY SEEK THE LORD. BY DOING SO, JEHOSHAPHAT INHERENTLY DEMONSTRAT-ED THE KNOWLEDGE.  

BECOMING A CHRISTIAN DOES NOT GIVE US A FREE RIDE FROM THE PROBLEMS OF LIFE.  WHEN WE ENCOUNTER TROUBLE, OUR FIRST RESPONSE ALWAYS SHOULD BE TO SEEK THE LORD.

GOD WILL GIVE US A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM-IN HIS TIMING. WE MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIS ANSWER.  THE WAIT MAY BE LONG. HE OFTEN USES SUCH TIMES TO MOLD OUR CHARACTER AND TO TEACH US PRIN-CIPLES HE KNOWS WE LACK. SOMETIMES, WE'RE NOT READY FOR HIS PERFECT ANSWER, SO HE HAS TO PREPARE US.

FINALLY, GOD'S  ANSWER  TO OUR CHRIST- CENTERED (NOT  PROBLEM-CENTERED) PRAYERS USUALLY REQUIRES AN ACT OF FAITH ON OUR PART. SOMETIMES-AS WITH HAVING A CHOIR LEAD AN ARMY INTO BATTLE-HIS PLANS WON'T IMMEDIATELY MAKE SENSE. BUT THEY ARE PERFECT. " Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it."
( 1 THESS. 5:24).  

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Posted By A4C For BL Smiley

« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 12:56:53 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2003, 04:17:51 AM »

Baby Jesus Missing?Huh

About a week before Christmas, Mom bought a new nativity scene. When she unpacked it, she found two figures of the Baby Jesus.

"Someone must have packed this wrong," mother said, counting out the figures. "We have one Joseph, one Mary, three wise men, three shepherds, two lambs, a donkey, a cow, an angel, and two babies. Oh, dear! I suppose some
set down at  the store is missing a Baby Jesus because we have two."

"You two run back down to the store and tell the manager that we have an extra Jesus.  Tell him to put a sign on the remaining boxes saying that if a set is missing a Baby Jesus, call 7126. Put on your warm coats, it's freezing cold out there."

The manager of the store copied down mother's message, and the next time we were in the store, we saw the card-board sign that read, "If you're missing Baby Jesus, call 7126."  All week long we waited for someone to call.
Surely, we thought, someone was missing that important figurine. Each time  the phone rang, mother would say, "I'll bet that's about Jesus." But it never was.

Father tried to explain there are thousands of these scattered over the country, and the figurine could be missing from a set in Florida or Texas or California.  Those packing mistakes happen all the time.  He suggested
that she just put the extra Jesus back in the box and forget about it.

"Put Baby Jesus back in the box?!  What a terrible thing to do," said mother. "Surely someone will call.  We'll just keep the two of them  together in the manger until someone does." When no call had come by 5:00 on Christmas Eve, mother insisted that father "just run down to the store"
to see if there were any sets left.  "You can see them right through the window, over on the counter," she said.  "If they are all gone, I'll know someone is bound to call tonight."

"Run down to the store?" father thundered. "It's 15 below zero out there!"

"Oh, Daddy, we'll go with you!"  We began to put on our coats.  Father gave a long sigh and headed for the front closet.  "I can't believe I'm doing this," he muttered.  We ran ahead as father reluctantly walked out in the cold.

Tommy got to the store first and pressed his nose up to the store window. "They're all gone, Daddy," he shouted.  Every set must be sold. Hooray! The mystery will be solved tonight!"

Father heard the news still a half block away and immedi-
ately turned on his heel and headed back home.  When we got back into the house, we noticed that mother was gone and so was the extra Baby Jesus figurine.  "Someone
must have called, and she went out to deliver the figurine," father reasoned, pulling off his boots.  "You kids get ready for bed while I wrap mother's present."

Then the phone rang. Father yelled "answer the phone and tell 'em we found a home for Jesus."  But it was mother calling with instructions for us to come to 205 Chestnut Street immediately, and bring three blankets, a box of
cookies and some milk.

"Now what has she gotten us into?" Father groaned as we bundled up again. "205 Chestnut.  Why that's across town. Wrap that milk up good in the blankets, or it will turn to ice before we get there.  Why can't we all just get on with Christmas?  It's probably 20 below out there now.  And the
wind is picking up.  Of all the crazy things to do on a night like this."

When we got to the house at 205 Chestnut Street, it was the darkest one on the block.  Only one tiny light burned in the living room, and the moment we set foot on the porch steps, mother opened the door and shouted, "They're here!  Oh thank God you got here, Ray!  You kids take those
blankets into the living room and wrap up the little ones on the couch.  I'll take the milk and cookies."

"Would you mind telling me what is going on, Ethel?" Father asked. "We have just walked through below zero weather with the wind in our faces all the way."

"Never mind all that now," mother interrupted. "There is no heat in this house, and this young mother is so upset, she doesn't know what to do. Her husband walked out on her, and those poor little children will have a very bleak Christ-mas, so don't you complain. I told her you could fix that oil
furnace in a jiffy.  My mother strode off to the kitchen to warm the milk while my brother and I wrapped up the five little children who were huddled together on the couch.  The children's mother explained to my father that her husband had run off, taking bedding, clothing, and almost every piece of furniture, but she had been doing all right until the furnace broke down.

"I been doin' washin' an ironin' for people and cleanin' the five and dime," she said.  "I saw your number every day there, on those boxes on the counter.  When the furnace went out, that number kept goin' through my mind. 7162,
7162.  Said on the box that if a person was missin' Jesus, they should call you.  That's how I knew you were good Christian people, willin' to help folks.  I figured that maybe you would help me, too.  So I stopped at the grocery store tonight, and I called your missus.  I'm not missin' Jesus,
mister, because I sure love the Lord.  But I am missin' heat. I have no money to fix that furnace."

"Okay, okay," said father.  "You've come to the right place.  Now let's see. You've got a little oil burner over there in the dining room. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.  Probably just a clogged flue.  I'll look it over, see what it needs."

Mother came into the living room carrying a plate of cookies and warm milk.  As she set the cups down on the coffee table, I noticed the figure of Baby  Jesus lying in the center of the table. It was the only sign of Christmas in the house.  The children stared wide-eyed with wonder at the plate of cookies my mother set before them. Father finally got the oil burner working, but said, "You need more oil.  I'll make a few calls tonight and  get some oil. Yes, sir, you came to the right place." Father grinned.

On the way home, Father did not complain about the cold weather and had barely set foot inside the door when he was on the phone.  "Ed, hey, how are ya, Ed?  Yes, Merry Christmas to you, too.  Say Ed, we have kind of an  unusual situation here.  I know you've got that pick-up truck.

Do you still have some oil in that barrel on your truck?  You do?"

By this time the rest of the family was pulling clothes out of their closets and toys off of their shelves.  It was long after our bedtime when we were wrapping gifts.  The pickup came. On it were chairs, three lamps, blankets and gifts.  Even though it was 30 below, father let us ride along in the back of the truck.  No one ever did call about the missing figure in the nativity set, but as I grow older I realize that it wasn't a packing mistake at all. Jesus saves, that's what He does.

Author Unknown

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
This is my last day on this Forum.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2003, 05:46:37 AM »

It Is All Of Grace

When we learn about grace we learn what life is all about.  The "IN CHRIST" expression occurs some seventy times in Paul's epistles and only twice elsewhere.  The central passage on this truth is 2 Corinthians 5:17: " Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  Other passages tell us we are in him: Romans 8:1; Ephesians 1:4; Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 2:13.

We learn who we are "In Christ" and more importantly we learn about who God is, what the Gospel is for the age of Grace and our relation-ship with Him.  We enter into a dimension of life we never dreamed possible.  And was not pos-sible to the Nation of Israel, as they were under, obedience, law, and some 350 ordinances.  Praise the Lord all these were nailed to the cross at the death of Christ (Col 2:14).

GRACE is not getting what you do deserve, but receiving what we do not deserve. GRACE is  the unmerited favor that God has given to us by His choice (Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim 1:9).

GRACE is Being "in Christ" the believer is made to share in the whole history of Christ's passion, burial, resurrection, ascension, and glorification.

GRACE  is knowing that there is no more guilt, condemnation  (Rom. 8:1)

GRACE  is knowing that we were chosen before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4).

GRACE  is knowing we have been jointly cru-cified with Christ (Rom. 6:6 and Gal. 2:20).

GRACE  is knowing that God accepts me just the way I am, accepted in the beloved (Eph. 1:6).

GRACE  is knowing that I am not under law but under grace (Rom. 6:14) and that Christ is the end of the law (Rom. 10:4), it is not up to me to live the Christian life, but to trust Christ in me to do it (Gal. 2:20).

GRACE is knowing we have been made to jointly live with Christ (Eph.2:5).

GRACE is knowing we are jointly seated with  Christ at present in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6; Col. 3:1).

GRACE is knowing we are jointly glorified with Christ (Romans 8:17; 8:30).

GRACE is knowing that the believer has already died unto sin through Christ's death (Rom. 6:10).

GRACE is knowing that the believer was bap-tized (Identified) by the Spirit into one body. (1 Cor. 12:13).

GRACE is knowing that we have been blessed with all Spiritual Blessings in heavenlies in Christ (Eph. 1:3).

GRACE is knowing we can walk around in His good works (Eph. 2:10).

GRACE  is knowing that Satan was defeated at the cross and has no power over me (Col. 2:15).

GRACE  is knowing that  there  is  no  Jew  or Gentile in the body of Christ, we are all the same, members of His body, the Body of Christ.

GRACE is knowing that the Lord Jesus Christ is the head, and that we are the body.

GRACE is knowing our blessed hope, the being caught up into the air to meet out Lord (Titus 2:13; 1 Thes. 4:13-18).

GRACE is knowing that we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13).

GRACE is knowing we are His inheritance, and we are His will (Eph. 1:18).

GRACE is knowing that God will finish the good work that He has begun in his (Phi.1:6).

GRACE is knowing that we have the mind of Christ (Phil 2:5).

GRACE is knowing that we can walk by faith (Col. 2:6)    

I pray that this will be a rich blessing in your life, for it surely has been in mine. For your own growth "in Christ", don't just read this, but take and study each Scripture, and  I know that the Holy Spirit will lead you into the Truth.

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
This is my last day on this Forum.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love  Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the