Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  For those who love U.S. history
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those who love U.S. history  (Read 2113 times)
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »

I read a book called "Under God" by Michael Tait and Toby Mac, it has in so many ways inspired me A LOT and in other ways changed my spiritual walk w/ God. I went to Shoreline Community College here in Seattle and as a requirement had to take Multi-Cultural classes. The books they had me read in those classes, I swear would make more anti-Americans than bring out righteious and justified truth. When I was reading a lot of the stuff that I had to in those classes I was like "Geez!  you gonna keep preaching nothing but the negative stuff of this nation your gonna make a lot more anti-Americans." I remember in one of the books I had to read, portrayed Andrew Jackson and Woodrow Wilson as nothing but blood-thirsty mongrols in which I dont know the truth to their private lives, but personally I had enough of reading of nothing but the negativity of this country. It all made me think "There must be some good things in this nations history that took place, what happened to all the God-fearing, Christ-loving events that made whole turning points in the shaping of this country?" So I found a book that really (in my opinion) not just point out the down sides of the United States history but also how God justfully dealt w/ those who opposed Him through slavery and in opposed him in other ways, such good examples are the issues like "separate but equil" situations and the battles for freedom from the revolutionary war to the civil war. And how God moved amongst those who fought for true freedom which is "We hold these TRUTHS to be self evident THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUIL" I personally found it to be a wonderful book, one that really inspired me and in so many ways is making me take a stand to make what is right as right and stand up against that belief that wrong is right. So far it has made me thing and pray about way, Christian ways that I can serve my country and most of all is now teaching ME how to LIVE under God myself.

Im not a daily devotional fan at all, I just never found daily devotionals to be as "devotional" to me. I mean I tried reading a lot of them and to me it was always like "Oh geez Im reading someone elses thoughts whoopty doo what am I getting out of this?" and Im not trying to put down what the people who have put together daily devotionals wrote about their personal, inspirering times w/ God or anything but for me it just something that I could never connect to and get deeper into. But right now I'm reading my FIRST daily devotional called "Living Under God" also by the same authors, this book can actually be read not as only a devotional but in many other ways as well, thats what I really like about it. Its very simple, so if your a Rick Warren or Richard J. Foster reader then this might not be for you, if you like more heavy deeper spritial stuff that is. Bur for me both the books "Under God" and "Living Under God" are truely chaning my spiritual walk w/ God for the better and I also do recomand them to others.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the