Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Greek Bible Link
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greek Bible Link  (Read 4893 times)
catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

Does anyone have a link to a Greek bible or can someone please tell me the Greek word for pale and the meaning? We were studying Rev. 6:8 in Sunday school class and I am wanting to conform what my teacher told us.
Thank you
catty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:56:29 PM »

The greek word used is chlōros which means greenish, that is, verdant, dun-colored: - green, pale.

This greek word is the root of the english word chlorophyll that is a substance that gives plants a greenish color.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »

Yeah thats it....never really looked specifically at that word myself.

For future reference, you can try http://www.blueletterbible.org/

They have a word search doohicky on there that allows you to see the greek equivelent also.   www.e-sword.com is probably the best option, but it requires you to install the software.

Have fun, stay in the word!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:29:21 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 01:38:13 PM »

Another good on-line source that has both hebrew and greek is Strong's Concordance with
Hebrew and Greek Lexicon. It has various ways to search words using:

Strong's Concordance - King James Version

Strong's Lexicon

Condensed Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon OR Thayer's Greek Lexicon

Concordance -  RNKJV Scriptures

Search Multiple Dictionaries (including Easton's Bible Dictionary)

Search MS Encarta Encyclopedia

Search Encyclopedia.com

Search Roget's Thesaurus

Search EliYah.com

I have found it to be a great word search site, although I haven't used it much since I got the E-sword program.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
catty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »

Thanks everyone, We are studying on the rapture. My teacher had us take a look at that verse and then he showed us a picture cut out from the paper. It was a picture of green flags being waved in the air after Hamas won the election. Everything he has taught us is coming fast and furious. It is time to start looking for Jesus to come. Fasting and praying for the lost. We all grew up hearing about Jesus coming back. They would say we are living in the last hours. People, we are living in the last minutes if not the last seconds.   
catty
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »

Hello Catty,

Others have mentioned e-Sword, and I would also like to mention it. I wouldn't mention it again, except that it is:

Completely FREE with no strings attached.

Huge assortment of INTEGRATED study resources that are quick and easy to access while you are studying.

Amazing INTEGRATION of language resources, dictionaries, commentaries, and multiple Bible translations.

Easy to learn how to use.

Either one of the largest or the largest INTEGRATIONS of completely FREE Bible study packages in existence.

e-Sword is now receiving TOP RATINGS even over many very expensive commercial Bible study packages. I agree completely and have used some commercial Bible study packages. I want to repeat that e-Sword is completely FREE with no strings attached. Further, it is not adware or spyware, and there are no better packages of e-Sword that cost money. In short, there is no reason now to spend tons of money for Bible study software. In my opinion, e-Sword is absolutely the best there is, and it is completely FREE.

In conclusion, I highly recommend e-Sword to everyone as a completely FREE, FIRST CLASS Bible study package. Everything is available from one page in an integrated package that is extremely easy to learn how to use. As you study various portions of Scripture, resources with additional information have a pop-up icon that you can click to study the information quickly. Going back and forth between various resources is as easy as a mouse click. e-Sword also has a built-in editor to copy and paste study information from any or all resources. e-Sword is like having an entire Bible study library available with a mouse click. It is FREE because the author DEMANDS that it be FREE. PLEASE TRY IT!

By the way, I also agree that JESUS may come soon. I watch and wait with joy, but I am determined to work in whatever way GOD leads me until the last moment. This is a time for all who love the LORD to stand up, speak, witness, and pray that GOD guides us to do and say the things that will be most pleasing to HIM. May GOD give us the strength and courage to do HIS WILL until HE comes to take us home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

catty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »

I am trying to download e-sword, but it says it is going to take almost 5 hours.  Cry  I don't think my husband will be happy about that.  Grin
catty
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:30 PM »

I am trying to download e-sword, but it says it is going to take almost 5 hours.  Cry  I don't think my husband will be happy about that.  Grin
catty

Hello Catty,

Trust me - it's worth it. If you have one of the many download helper programs available today, you could start the download before you went to bed and have the download program hang up when it was finished. I assume that you still have the old and slow dial up connection, and so do I. If you have the new and fast connection, you could get it in minutes. My choices are limited where I live, and I can't afford what is available right now in fast connections. So, I download like I suggested when nobody is going to be using the computer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:4-5 NASB  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

catty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 02:28:32 PM »

BEP,
No I dont have a download helper program. I didn't know there was such a thing. Could you suggest one? I am doing research on them now. 
catty
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »

Hello Catty,

I use Getright, but it isn't free. I just looked on CNET for a top-rated and Free download manager with all of the bells and whistles. CNET recommends Fresh Download. I haven't used Fresh Devices download manager, but I have used some of their other Free software, and they are excellent and safe. CNET claims the same for Fresh Download, and it should do everything you need. Here's a link.

CNET - Fresh Download 7.44

I've never had any virus problems from CNET, and they usually give some of the best reviews on software. Further, this is not adware, spyware, or crippled to sell you the full-featured program. As far as I know, Fresh Devices doesn't have a download manager that costs money.

I hope this helps you some.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 59:1-2 NASB  Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short That it cannot save; Nor is His ear so dull That it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.

catty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 10:37:46 AM »

BEP,
Thank you so much for the info. I have downloaded E-Sword. I have looked at it, but I have not been able to use it yet. I just wanting to say thank you.
catty
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 01:25:44 AM »

Hello Catty,

You are most welcome. I think that you will really enjoy e-Sword. Once you get it up and working, please remember there is a massive selection of other FREE material on the same site that works with e-Sword. ENJOY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the