Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:09:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I want to do a Bible Study.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want to do a Bible Study.  (Read 10443 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions of what topics I can choose for the study?

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »

Hello Sister Kris,

It's great to see you back on the forum.

I think that the age and maturity of the participants makes a big difference when you select a Bible study topic. You could get thousands of topic ideas if you have a concordance in your Bible or your Bible study software. Some topics would be more appropriate for younger people and children, and many topics would be more appropriate for older people or people more mature in God's Word. However, some topics are interesting to just about everyone.

I still enjoy studying about Bible characters and refreshing my mind about Bible stories I've heard all my life. I either forget many things over time or I learn something new every time, OR probably both. You can probably think of dozens of subjects pretty easily with this idea.

Some of the more mature topics just off the top of my head might be:  1) Grace vs. works, 2) Eternal security of the believer, 3) Law vs. Grace, 4) What changed at the Cross, 5) Israel vs the CHURCH which is the BODY OF CHRIST, 6) Bible study methods (Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth), 7) The Rapture of the CHURCH which is the BODY OF CHRIST, 8) The Second Coming of CHRIST, 9) The Millennial Kingdom vs the Heavenly Kingdom.

These are just a few ideas for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 104:33-34 NASB  I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »

Nice to stop by and bug you guys once in awhile. I would be inviting people that I work with.  Wide range of spiritual maturity levels here, some might not be at all, but hey with God we'll work on that.  Thank you so much for the ideas.  I just think that I am also nervous because this is my first time that I will be having a group on my own.  The other one I started with a friend in high school.  He lead it.  I'm going to try my best.  I know what you guys are going to say, don't be nervous and pray about it. Ha!  Think I didn't know you guys so well huh?  Well I just need to hash out some details and I'll get rolling.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 06:59:33 AM »

Another idea might be to choose a good book and work through it together. Each person can buy their own copy and read, say, a chapter before you meet and then discuss it. Personal testimonies of how it pertains to you and your life usually end up in a wonderful praise and worship time!

Something by Beth Moore, for instance?

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 07:08:53 PM »

What we do here in the "mission field" (you are also in one, of course.) is we read through the book of Mark.  Then the faciliator asks questions like:   What do you like about this passage?  What do you not like?  (the suffering of Christ, for example)  What does this passage teach us about God?  What are we to obey from this passage?  How will we apply this?      These questions lead to good discussions on topic.

I usually find that going straight through a Bible book is preferable.  This gives God's word the authority, esp. for new or non-Christians.

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »

My first discusion is going to be on grace.  I am going to find verses to show God's grace and then ask questions about what they mean to the people in the bible study.  After this bible study I'm going to ask the people that come what they want to learn.  That way they won't be learning things that they already know.  I am going to have the bible study every other week.  My schedule is crazy and I think so is a lot of other peoples', so I think that every other week will not be to cramped.  I hope to learn from this bible study and hope that happens to the other people as well.  I would also hope that all of us draws closer to God.  I would also like to see some friends that I think might not be saved come to the Lord. These are just some goals.  If God uses me in these ways I will feel like I have done my job.

Thank you guys for all of the advice.  It has really helped.

Love in Christ,
Kristen

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 07:17:06 AM »

Sounds great! My prayer for you is that you will all come closer to Him through it!

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 11:47:04 PM »

Guys I have to tell you something awesome that God did!

I was at work debating whether I was going to invite my manager's manager (right under store director) to the bible study. After all it wasn't the professional thing to do.  But then again when does God care about our ideas of professionalism. Wink  The night before I tried to ask her and she was busy with helping customers and working out other problems so she told me to talk to one of the managers.  I honestly thought that she would forget being that busy.  She could have just assumed that I want to one of them.  When I got home I prayed.  I told God that if she wanted me to invite her to the bible study then she had to ask me what I needed to ask from the night before.  To make this interesting you guys have to know this lady.  She would rather assume that you asked a manager then to come back to you and ask you if you got your question answered.  So I thought to myself that when I told God that that I wouldn't have to ask her to come.  But then today at work I was talking to my friend Mike if I should invite Jamie.  He said no.  Everyone kinda has a fear for her, but I veiw her as a friend, she really isn't that bad of a person.  But anyways, I was talking to him about Jamie and I decided to ask.  Just then Jamie comes out of nowhere and asks me what I needed to talk to her about from the night before.  I was shocked. I started laughing with amazment and  I explained it to her.  She thought that it was cool too.  She before said that she is a Christian but I don't know for sure if she is saved.  So I asked her if she wanted to come and she said that she might stop by.  That just made my night.  Isn't God awesome!?!  Now if I could just talk to the scary store director....

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:12:16 AM »

Hello Sister Kris,

Things are sounding good. I'll be praying that you have a really good Bible study and you get to do this often. Please let us know how things turn out.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:6-7 NASB  Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

God Sent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:25:48 PM »

Hi Sister,

I am Pastor Fred Wilson. Good topic,How much do you love Jesus?
Another is, What is your relationship with God?

GOD BLESS YOU
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »

How much do I love Jesus?  No one has ever asked me that before.  I will talk about him at work with customers and friends.  Sometimes I think to myself I wish that I was there when he was on earth. Wouldn't that be so awesome?!

Jesus to me is my Lord, Savior and best best friend.  There is no one that will love or care for you as much as God does.  Sometimes I look at people and compair them to God and it disapoints me about how limited our love and caring for others is.  Just that promise of meeting God some day gets me very excited. Smiley

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 11:15:41 PM »

How much do I love Jesus?  No one has ever asked me that before.  I will talk about him at work with customers and friends.  Sometimes I think to myself I wish that I was there when he was on earth. Wouldn't that be so awesome?!

Jesus to me is my Lord, Savior and best best friend.  There is no one that will love or care for you as much as God does.  Sometimes I look at people and compair them to God and it disapoints me about how limited our love and caring for others is.  Just that promise of meeting God some day gets me very excited. Smiley
AMEN Kris, oh your not going to say anything about being called a sister by God Sent. Huh  Now thats a change for you........ Grin

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 11:48:11 PM »

Huh? What did I do?  I missed something? (scratches head)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »

DW, I think that you are confusing Kris777 with Cris.

Wink Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 12:16:40 AM »

DW, I think that you are confusing Kris777 with Cris.

Wink Grin Grin Grin
That could very well be. Blame it on old age, and being tired. Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the