Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Some help tips, for the newer folks.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some help tips, for the newer folks.  (Read 78833 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

Understood, I will reword my post.  Again, I do apologize that it came accross wrong.  I'm still working my way around these boards and am tickled to death to find a forum that is Christian oriented and only Christian oriented.   I will be more careful in the future.

Hello StrikeToWin,

When the issue is alternative lifestyles, the Bible is the only authority here. I must add that the Holy Bible covers this topic bluntly and without question in the Old Testament and the New Testament. The answers from the Bible are already all over the forum. Our rules are designed for Christian Family use, including children. Christian parents can turn their children loose here and not worry about what they will see.

I realize there are many people who don't like what the Bible has to say on this issue and many others. However, we do like what the Bible says, and that's what is taught here. It does contain the answers for the misery of mankind. There is also much more than just this short life. The stakes are HIGH and the decisions have Eternal consequences - either good or bad. Once a person dies, their opportunity to accept CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR is gone. It should also be known that the length of this life is very uncertain, so this day or hour might be the last opportunity.

Love In Christ,
Tom

chipster
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »

Maybe missing something, but does the PM function not work?
Thanks in advance.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

No the IM has been disabled because of abuse from spammers.

chipster
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

Understandable.
Thanks!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 05:05:23 AM »

I was reading this older thread and wanted to share a thought.

People these days come up with all kinds of reasons to reject and disobey GOD. However, there really isn't anything NEW at all - the reasons and excuses are ancient! It's a good thing that the answer hasn't changed for SIN, regardless of how horrible and dark that SIN is. THE ANSWER IS STILL THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST AND THE CROSS!

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 05:52:23 AM »

Some things have changed today. The vanity, insolence, and disregard, and disrespect of GOD these days is worse. The Bible states these things will happen, and they are. If these are the End Days of this Age of Grace, The HOLY BIBLE and GOD Promises that things will get much worse.

I think that we're seeing a preview of these End Days, and the End Days might be much closer than any of us think. Mankind is trying to take the place of GOD, and the evidence of this is everywhere. Some of the fastest so-called religious movements today are humanism and universal salvation. Some men exhibit the ultimate vanity by trying to write their sins and disobedience out of the Bible. The only way they can do this is to write their own Bible that excludes the commands of GOD that they disapprove of. Man has a need for politically correct Bibles that don't convict them of their sins and DESPERATE NEED OF JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOUR!

Knowledge of SIN is still one of the first steps for man to KNOW that he is LOST, UNDONE, and CONDEMNED TO THE CURSE OF SIN AND DEATH! The devil doesn't want mankind to know about sin and the end result. The devil especially doesn't want man to know about the biggest defeat of satan in HISTORY - JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS. This has been about 2,000 years ago now, and the devil knows that his time is running out. This is just one reason why the FULL STRENGTH GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD - THE GOOD NEWS - is still the most powerful message on the face of the earth.

Faith still comes by HEARING, AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD! Regardless of man's vanity and hard shell of political correctness, man knows that all is not right. Through all of the evil and confusion of this world, the LOST STILL KNOW THAT THEY ARE LOST! It really doesn't matter what they outwardly say, their own heart still convicts them. They might not want their friends to know, but they will still sneak away from time to time to HEAR or READ GOD'S WORD. This is just one reason why the devil wants those BIBLES out of hotel and hospital rooms - and certainly OUT OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS. The devil knows all about the unquestioned POWER IN THE HOLY PAGES OF GOD'S WORD, and he doesn't want men to hear it.

Here's a beautiful TRUTH that's still just as beautiful and POWERFUL today as it was thousands of years ago. GOD HAS PROMISED THAT HIS WORD WILL NEVER RETURN VOID! IT WILL ALWAYS ACCOMPLISH HIS WILL AND PURPOSE! The entire LOST world is still hungry and DESPERATE for GOD'S WORD! If you post it here, they will come to read it. They might sneak away to READ OR HEAR GOD'S WORD because they don't want their worldly friends to know what they're doing. It doesn't matter how GOD'S WORD is distributed or transmitted - there are great hosts desperate to receive it! On the Internet, on radio, on television, on tapes, in movies, in Bible Tracts, and any way you can dream of - PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE FOR IT AND GOD WILL USE IT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

JesusPrincess

Jesus Cares For He Answers Every Prayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »

I can't seem to get my photo to show up here  Sad

Carolyn aka Jesus' Princess
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

Where ever you want it to show up you must first have a URL for it. In other words it needs to be placed in an online storage site similar to that of photobucket.

If you want it to show up below your user name then you need to go to your profile and click on 'Forum Profile Information' then check the 'I have my own pic:', copy and paste the URL into the box behind that and then click the 'Change Profile" button on the bottom.

If you are trying to put it inside of a post then while in the post box click on the Picture Icon (second button from the left above the smilies) and paste the URL in the format that comes up.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JesusPrincess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:48 PM »

I put the web url in my forum profile already. 

Here it is:  http://public.fotki.com/JesusPrincess/me/ugly-duckling.html

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »

That is the URL for webpage that has the picture included in the web page. The correct URL for just the picture is:

http://images19.fotki.com/v276/photos/1/98181/8466188/uglyduckling1-vi.jpg

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JesusPrincess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »

Oh wow thank you!  I should have realized that! 

God bless you!   Grin

JesusPrincess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:25 PM »

Okay now how do I make this picture smaller to fit the screen?
 Undecided

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »

Okay now how do I make this picture smaller to fit the screen?
 Undecided

I use a freeware program called Faststone.

http://www.faststone.org/

It will do just about anything with pictures and graphics, and it's free with no strings attached. It will resize one picture at a time or a whole directory of pictures. So, resize the ones you want and also upload your resized pictures to your photo server under a different name. By the way, Faststone is easy to use and has great instructions. It's been around for a long time, and it's completely safe.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »

You can try the following URL instead. It is a smaller one.

http://images19.fotki.com/v276/photos/1/98181/8466188/uglyduckling1-th.jpg

JesusPrincess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »

Oh wow you are so kewl! Thank you!
How did you find that?

Grin Cheesy Cool Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the