Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:05:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Some help tips, for the newer folks.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some help tips, for the newer folks.  (Read 78834 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 10:20:08 PM »

Happens with the forum generated smilies. There is no error message. Just when I would click on smilies to add one, the post I had just typed in would disappear. I try again tomarrow and let you know what happens.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »

What browser are you using? Some other members were having various problems with graphics on the forum when using Internet Explorer. I switched to using FireFox a long time ago and have had virtually no problems on the forum since then.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 11:31:04 PM »

What browser are you using? Some other members were having various problems with graphics on the forum when using Internet Explorer. I switched to using FireFox a long time ago and have had virtually no problems on the forum since then.

Hello Pastor Roger and Others,

I completely forgot about all of the new security settings in Internet Explorer 7. There have been some pretty strange problems listed. For me, I couldn't use it at all and had to uninstall it. It wasn't just the forum, rather it messed everything up. I had so many problems that I couldn't list them. I can't see how putting a smiley in a forum post could relate to security, but maybe there is some sort of weird security setting in Internet Explorer 7 that is causing this.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »

I am using Internet Explorer, but I haven't upgraded to 7 yet as I have heard of all the problems and figured I would wait until they are fixed. I managed to insert a smiley today with no trouble. It could never happen again, or else it is waiting until I write a really long post that i have worked really hard on so it can wipe it away to my dismay and unbelief.   Shocked Shocked

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »

I am using Internet Explorer, but I haven't upgraded to 7 yet as I have heard of all the problems and figured I would wait until they are fixed. I managed to insert a smiley today with no trouble. It could never happen again, or else it is waiting until I write a really long post that i have worked really hard on so it can wipe it away to my dismay and unbelief.   Shocked Shocked

I would suggest Firefox, since I've used Firefox, I haven't had a problem.  I had way to many problems using Billy-boy Gates, Internet Explorer.  http://en.www.mozilla.com/en/firefox/

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »

I went and downloaded Foxfire. Are there any add-on's that you would recommend that I use? As far as the Smiley's go, maybe a slight glitch with my server could have accrued, I still have a dial-up provider.   Undecided

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »

There are several threads in the Computer area that list some excellent add-ons.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

I've been using Firefox for a long time, and they have thousands of free add-ons. We do have some reviews of various extensions for Firefox under "Computers and Software". I'll give you a list of some of my favorite extensions:

All-Time Favorites with a **

**  Adblock Plus
CacheViewer
Calculator
**  Clippings
CustomizeGoogle
DownThemAll
FasterFox
**  FireFTP
**  Flashgot
**  Flat Bookmark Editing
IE Tab
MR Tech Local Install
NoScript
**  Scrapbook
Table2Clipboard

I'm still on slow dial-up until the end of the month, so I know about the problems of slow connections. Adblock and FasterFox do help quite a bit with this. Some of the extensions are for special uses that not everyone needs. FireFTP is a tiny and excellent FTP client that works great. Scrapbook is wonderful for people who like to collect bits and pieces of various web sites in various formats. I use it for Bible studies and love it. You can catalog information like a database and retrieve in by searches very quickly. Table2Clipboard is a utility for people doing spreadsheets and database, so it wouldn't be useful unless you had a specific need for it. DownThemAll and FlashGot are download helpers that make things pretty easy, especially for people with slow connections.

Take a look in the "Computers and Software" area for some more detailed reviews of extensions that folks like. Have fun - I don't think you will ever want to go back to Internet Explorer. Firefox is fun, fast, safe, and excellent. It also has the greatest assortment of add-ons - no other browser comes even close.

You will also have a huge selection of themes to make the browser look however you want. The look of Firefox is definitely not a one size fits all. You have your choice of many colors, styles, and command configurations. There's even a Christian theme in two different colors that's very nice.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »

1. To post pictures you must have a picture on a web site or you can get an account at an image hosting web site such as this free one

http://photobucket.com/register.php

2. Once you have an account you can download images from your computer file into that web site. After you have done this there will be a url assigned to that picture. A url will look like this:

http://www.jesuspaintings.com/pictures/the-crucifixion.jpg

3. On photobucket all you have to do is click on the url and it will automatically highlight it and copy it to your clipboard.

4. To post it on this web site go to a reply box on Christians Unite. Look for this button just above the empty message box:

and click on it.

5. When the img function comes up in the message box paste the url of your picture in the middle of it.

6. Make any additional comments you want in the message box and click on the post button.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 07:31:24 PM »

Hello Gentlemen!  I have a question....
How (exactly) do I use the "quote" button?  What do I do to get just the sentence, phrase, etc that I want?
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »

You do this a number of different ways. You can use the quote button or if you already have a reply box on your screen you can go down to the other post and click on insert quote from one of more posts.

Once the quote shows in you reply box you can then highlight what you do not want and hit the back space button on your keyboard. That will remove all sentences you don't want and still have the name of the person you are quoting.

Another way is to highlight and copy just the sentence you want and then paste it into the reply box. Doing this doesn't put the persons name there and if you want it then you would have to type that in.

chocoholic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »

I updated to Internet 7 a couple of months ago.  Initially before that I had problems with 7 also and uninstalled it, but with the fixes and patches since it first came out, I have not had 1 problem with 7 and love it!  You might want to try it again!   Huh

Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
StrikeToWin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 11:28:33 PM »

Is ther any way to send a message back to a moderator?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 11:31:10 PM »

Due to abuses by numerous advertisers and trouble-makers PM's are not available on this forum. No, there is no way to send a message back to a moderator.

StrikeToWin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »

Understood, I will reword my post.  Again, I do apologize that it came accross wrong.  I'm still working my way around these boards and am tickled to death to find a forum that is Christian oriented and only Christian oriented.   I will be more careful in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the