Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A FEW WORDS FROM TALKERCAT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A FEW WORDS FROM TALKERCAT  (Read 3536 times)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:13 PM »

Wink Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters! I'm responding to a resounding number of inquiries as to my well-being.  Firstly, I have to express how BLESSED I am to have found my way to CU Forums!  The beautiful people I've met here have truly become a part of my life.  I care about each and every one of you, and by the looks of it, you all care for me too.

As you know, my new year did not get off to a very good start.  However, I feel more in control now because of steps I took to insure that I'm never left with a "hopeless" feeling again.  Bill came back home and so far the house is peaceful . . . he agreed to go to counseling, so I'm working on getting that established.

I've been consulting a vascular surgeon about my leg.  I had an Angiogram done last Monday, but it didn't work.  Prior surgical scars prevented the instrument from doing its job.  I am going back tomorrow to discuss my options.  One of which is surgery.  I'm praying for a miracle. .. I'm praying that my foot does not have to be amputated due to lack of oxygen.  I do know however, that I can live with whatever the Lord's will is for my life.  I know my life has a purpose, I'm just trying to figure out what that purpose may be.

I'll be more active in the forum for now, but if I have to go to the hospital you won't hear from me for awhile.  I just don't know for sure what's going to happen.  I promise to post when I can, and I will answer the emails.  And again, thank you all so much for your prayers and the outward concern for me.  I love you all too!   

PRAISING HIS NAME!  GLORY! GLORY! GLORY!  PRAISING HIS NAME!
Blessings-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 02:25:06 PM »

Hi Sister Terri,

I'm sorry to hear about the angiogram. Yes we do care sister. If you are able to do so and do have to go to the hospital let us know before you go. There are many here praying for your foot and leg as well as your general all over well being.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 03:29:12 PM »

Sister Terri,

If you can, let us know if you have to go to the hospital. I will pray for you, that God works a miricale for you.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:20:07 AM »

Sending you some long-distance hugs! You are in my thoughts and prayers!  Kiss

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:58:09 PM »

Hi Sister Terri,

How are doing today?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 04:11:14 PM »

Cheesy Hello Everyone -

The doctor and I have decided that surgery is my best option, so this coming Wednesday I'll be admitted to St. Mary Hospital for an Angioplasty.  From what I understand, the procedure will open two blockages and probably increase circulation by 30-40%.  This means that amputation to my foot is prolonged a bit longer.   Smiley

Sad A word of precaution to all diabetics:  please keep your blood sugar level as level as possible.  Don't let it fluxuate a lot.  I've been told that it's better to be at a "high" level consistently than to go up and down, up and down.  Take aspirin to help thin your blood (blood sugar thickens and causes clots) and by all means DON'T SMOKE!  There is nothing 'friendly' about this disease - if injections were the worst of it then we'd all be home free, but insulin itself causes problems.

I'll be posting up until Tuesday night, then I'll be gone for a few days.  Keep me in your prayers, and you're in mine.

PRAISING HIS NAME!  GLORY! GLORY! GLORY!  PRAISING HIS NAME!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »

That is good news Sister. Angioplasty is a much better procedure. Yes I will be praying for you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 04:50:33 PM »

Hello TalkerCat,

Sister Terri, you can be assured that many sweet Christians will be praying for you. I'm very happy that the procedure isn't going to be nearly as drastic, and I will pray that God gives your doctors the wisdom and guidance to give you the best medical treatment possible.AND, we know that GOD will be with you every step of the way.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 31:19 NASB  How great is Your goodness, Which You have stored up for those who fear You, Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You, Before the sons of men!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 06:59:57 PM »

Kiss  HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU ALL?  Kiss

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 07:03:26 PM »

Thank you Sister and in case you haven't noticed we all love you, too.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 12:21:47 AM »

Terri, I will be praying for you. Praying the surgeon doing the angioplasty, will be guided by the Lords hands.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Song of Solomon 8:4 I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that you never [again attempt to] stir up or awaken love until it pleases. 

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 06:29:52 AM »

Terri you are always in my prayers, today I will start praying that the doctors that will be attending you will be guided by God Himself, and that you will have a very speedy recovery that you will feel much better when you get home. Terri, we love you and we want you to get better real soon.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 11:12:32 AM »

I'm back from the hospital and all is well.  The surgery itself was successful, PRAISE THE LORD, however it was discovered that I have an infection in the bone so I was sent home with a PICC line for IV antibiotics.  A "Visiting Nurse" will come to my home each day to give me the medicine and redress my wounds.  I'm well on my way to recovery.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes!  I have a lot to catch up on!  I need to read a chapter in the book "The Purpose Driven Life" (no, I'm not through with it yet) and blog on it.  I'm also a few days behind reading the One Year Bible.... so now that I'm forced to sit still a little bit I can catch up.  I should be up and running amok real soon.

Cheesy CELEBRATE! OH, LET'S CELEBRATE! LET'S CELEBRATE FOR THE LORD HAS DONE GOOD THINGS! Cheesy
Blessings-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »

That is great news Sister Terri. I join you in your celebration and my prayers continue for you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »

Hello Sister Terri,

This is wonderful news. I give thanks that God is watching over you every step of the way. You are on our permanent prayer list, and we would appreciate you putting us on your prayer list. We serve an AWESOME God who loves to hear our prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 19:14 NASB  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the