Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CSI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CSI  (Read 5035 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
CSI
« on: January 11, 2006, 11:32:17 AM »

Here is a news article that might interest some of those that are CSI fans.

CSI-Like Evidence Unfolds at New Lab
Atlanta Journal Constitution  |  January 11, 2006
Forensic biologist Debbie Glidewell insists the work at the new U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory at Fort Gillem lacks the high emotion, suspense and pathos that people expect from television shows like "CSI."

But sometimes reality tops television.

A few years ago, burglars broke into a residence, took what they wanted and found some chicken wings in the refrigerator. The thieves enjoyed their snack and departed, leaving behind the bones --- and saliva evidence.

"The lab was able to get a swab," Glidewell said with a smile. Investigators easily identified the perpetrators.

Evidence from around the globe --- ranging from chicken bones to a dictator's gleaming dagger --- passes through the gleaming new criminal investigation laboratory in north Clayton County.

One hundred twelve scientists, examiners and administrators clad in white or blue lab coats process evidence for every branch of the nation's military in the $33 million facility at Fort Gillem. The lab, which is not open to the public, has a grand opening today.

The Department of Defense consolidated forensics investigations at Fort Gillem in 1993 after closing other labs in Europe and Japan. Officials expect the lab to remain at Fort Gillem even after the Army base closes in a few years.

The lab used to operate in a cramped warehouse at Fort Gillem. Now, scientists work inside a 88,662-square-foot building where they test DNA and trace evidence of hair, explosives, glass, gunshot residue and explosives.

The lab has a special department to examine documents, such as a threatening letter a rape victim received from her unknown attacker.

Angry that the woman had reported the crime to police, the man created a letter by cutting letters of the alphabet from newspapers, said documents expert Marvin Reid. The letters were pasted onto a lined sheet of paper to form a crudely worded threat: "Don't tell or you'll die."

Document examiners tested the paper and recovered the impression of an earlier letter written on the same note pad. That impression included a major clue: the rapist's signed name.

The firearms division has more than 3,800 different weapons, from commonplace rifles to a silver dagger and gold sheath recovered from one of Saddam Hussein's palaces.

The lab's firearms expert, Don Mikko, told a story that proved nobody can predict how a case will end.

A recent investigation started with an AK-47 assault rifle shell pulled from the abdomen of an American soldier serving in Baghdad, Iraq.

The lab's firearms experts examined the shell and found no rifling marks, which meant the shell had not been fired from any weapon. How was the solider wounded?

"Turns out the soldier went into the field, made an incision in his abdomen and inserted the shell to make it look as though he'd been wounded," Mikko said.

"He wanted a Purple Heart."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:33:10 AM »

I don't care for CSI, I watch Law and Order instead..  Wink

Hary

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »

I'm all for NCIS.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 11:58:35 PM »

I love NCIS but can't get the wife to watch it...JAG was good too...I guess it is the old Navy in me Smiley

But we do watch the CSI series as well

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
john909

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 02:15:32 PM »

I refuse to watch JAG because what's her name is a Scientologist. I cannot watch the show without thinking of it. I also refuse to see any movie with any actor that is. I'm not giving my money to that...

I like Stargate, Man vs Wild, Made in America w/ John Ratzenberger, How It's Made, Monk (favorite), and several others. I like to research some of the actors in a general way to see what they believe. Quite a few are athiests and agnostics. Stargate, surprisingly, has characters after a mission saying things like "Thank God".

The "religion" often spoke of on Battlestar Galatica is loosely based on mormonism. Mormons believe their false god lives on a planet called kolob, whereas on BG, they mention, as the mormons believe, pluralistic gods called "the lords of kobol". kobol is an anagram for kolob. This is no accidident and it can be researched online.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:59:08 PM by john909 » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »

If you look closely at Star Gate they talk about people advancing in nature in an ascended fashion, in essence becoming god like themselves, not going to heaven but just evolving. There is a strong concept of evolution in all their statements and ideas. When someone says that someone is a god they so no that they are an ascended being that evolved from normal humans.

There is a religion that a group of people have started that is based on the Star Gate story lines.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »

I don't really care for CSI, I like the Three Stooges. Grin Grin Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 09:16:33 AM »

PR

I agree.  It is called Scientology, as well as Buddhism, as well as Hinduism Cheesy

And DW I agree that the Stooges are just plain awesome...I have always been more partial to Abbott and Costello though Cheesy

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:11 AM »

lol  ....  The Star Gate series is based on a mixture of many different religions primarily Egyptology and the teachings of Edgar Cayce. The character Daniel Jackson is supposedly based on a real person that supposedly has found writings in Egypt antiquities that describes a device similar to the Star Gate. It is all conjecture on their part as the real "Daniel Jackson" still doesn't know anything about that device.

Like most such movies today it does a lot to fictionalize religion and denigrate Christianity.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 10:31:35 AM »

That is one thing that is always bad when it comes to sci-fi.  And that is a weakness of mine in that I love sci-fi.  And thus I love watching SG.  I enjoy how they actually denounce the pagan gods and make them out to be nothing more than technologically advanced beings taking advantage of an ignorant people.  (and I do not mean that say that we believers are ignorant or anything of that nature). 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 02:41:30 AM »

I'm with the above poster-not much of a CSI fan. I do however love Law & Order C.I and Special Victims

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »

I like the L&O series as well...although not as good without Lenny.

And CI I think is just way to much...that man knows everything and that makes it much less realistic for me...
But that is just my two bits.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

Brother Jerry, I'm glad you said that about him knowing "everything". I've said that to my sisters because they love the show. I find it irritating that he knows every single thing about anything. I mean it becomes a bit unrealistic is all...

And I agree L&O isn't the same w/out Jerry Orbach

Seems like since the original L&O there are soooooooo many spin offs. Such as CSI and I think they have CSI Miami, CSI NY right?

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 03:06:19 AM »

I love NCIS but can't get the wife to watch it...JAG was good too...I guess it is the old Navy in me Smiley

But we do watch the CSI series as well

I like NCIS as well!!! Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the